Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
Pretty off topic here, but...

Why does the JP website look so cooooooooll... :cry:

Seriously, I just looked at the US site again, and now I'm just saddened over how crappy it is over the JP version. Heck, the JP version even has Disney/Pixar's UP for 3DS, in 3D.

Why I got the JPN N3DS. Valid reason. ^_^

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Downside to having JPN stuff, unless you actually understand the language, you'll have no idea what you're doing.

Unless ofc you use dat gateway to bypass region lock. But other than that you still can't understand the chings and chongs that system carries.

I'm sorry, that was racist. But I couldn't resist. D:

csos95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same here, was going to get AUS N3DS ll but ended up going with a JPN N3DS ll because of the larger selection of games (not hugely important since gateway gets rid of the region lock), themes, and much lower price (-$190 for JPN compared to ~$275 for AUS).

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downside to having JPN stuff, unless you actually understand the language, you'll have no idea what you're doing.

Unless ofc you use dat gateway to bypass region lock. But other than that you still can't understand the chings and chongs that system carries.

You can still guess based on context, or better yet, just learn what it says for future reference. And AFAIK you can't even make the "ching" and "chong" sound in Japanese.

Reactions: 2Hack

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can still guess based on context, or better yet, just learn what it says for future reference. And AFAIK you can't even make the "ching" and "chong" sound in Japanese.
Don't forget this quote below.

It was a joke, a bad one, but still a joke. And yeah, you can still guess based on context, but Japanese is harder to guess than most languages, since they use those little weird symbol...letter...things.

At least with French and like, 40% of the other languages use letters that you can actually try to guess with. Otherwise if you're playing a Japanese game and it's all dialogue, this is what someone would most likely be like:

*insert long Japanese dialogue between three characters here*
"okai, so fabio is in lub with 'this chick', ennnnnd 'dis chick' is in lub with fabio. WHAT R WE GUNA DU!?"

If I'm bothering anyone/pissing someone off, please stop me. I'm really sorry. I'm not trolling, I'm trying to be funny while also trying to make a valid point.

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure this post marks the 600th page. I just wanted to be the one to start the mark. :3

On another note, we're really one day away to 2015. It's crazy how fast this year has come and gone. And now everyone hopes that Gateway kicks off the new year with the new update.

Let's hope they do.

EDIT: Crap, looks like it didn't mark the 600th page after all. :L

Mefisteso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I would never recommend buying japanese console. 3D effect already causes enough pain to tear your eyes apart. I can easily tell, that having screen full of katakana glitches won't help the cause.

Reactions: keyra

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
if the 600 pages party faces the same fate as the 404 page not found stuff....it will all get deleted and end up being filled by "on-topic" posts anyway :unsure:

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mods going to delete dozens of posts again for page counting :teach:

In that case, time to get back on topic.

I think it was brought up a while back, but did anyone else think it was interesting how they ran DevMenu and all that stuff from (what seemed to be) sysNAND? They went into the settings and it did not have the GW prefix before the version.

Reactions: Zeffy

nosignaldetected

Trophies
XP
Country

I think it was brought up a while back, but did anyone else think it was interesting how they ran DevMenu and all that stuff from (what seemed to be) sysNAND? They went into the settings and it did not have the GW prefix before the version.

Doesn't really prove anything. It's a video of an in-development system. For all we know, adding the "GW" to the firmware version number is the last thing they do.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
mods going to delete dozens of posts again for page counting :teach:
the aftermath of page 404 is now all the way in page 400 :lol:

yeah, you can run dev stuff in sysnand.....if your in gateway mode

Reactions: Zeffy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa we should have a meeting with other forum memebers and take shrooms
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i think you would be a great trip guider
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh, I'd wonder off somewhere probably
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey made some Sun tea yesterday, and cut up some peaches in let sit in there w the teabags, shit is Da bomb. Bout to try it with some peach vodka..
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa sounds wish we could see Randy on south park do that , drinking the peach vodka
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, im more of a casual south park fan, i dont watch it that often
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its gluten free
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol it's too offensive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh not that good, not many alcohols taste good in tea. At least I haven't found any.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I tried that peach alcohol in cans tasted like crap
  • F @ foresthag:
    You could fermen(tea). That'd taste excellent. Or make you go blind, who is to say?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Twisted tea iirc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only one I liked was that mikes hard lemonade tea, but i couldn't drink it all day
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, gonna make a jumping sprite
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add platform character behavior to any sprite, just disable the default controls for it, and make it jump/move in your code. The rectangle behavior is cool too for enemies.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, how is it cool?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and i meant jumping sprite for the player
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It makes it move around constantly in different directions, like a enemy moving back n forth from one side to other
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and i dont think the rectangular movement behavior works for platform games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it does. And you can add platform character behavior to your own charcter, and it will have move and jump already setup for you, space bar is jump, arrows move
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i already added the platform character behaviour to the player since i started doing this
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and already set up animations for when he shoots both standing and walking
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty you could
    add alcohol to the game too
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, one of the curative items has the internal name of "beer"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    although it looks like a coke can
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: although it looks like a coke can