Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah, they could force people to patch files to get that then they would be completely legal.
yeah but not exactly user friendly :P.....plus i think even if they tried to go legal now, the fact they did distribute copywritten code even if they stop wouldnt stop nintendo going after them.......for all we know the new method may not even require any copywritten code to work, but i doubt Nintendo would just pass up a opportunity to "nail them" if they had the chance

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's true, but is it worth to spend money to fix a temporary problem? Their community is going to grow, sure, but this sudden surge/influx of people barraging their site by the minute will pass once the update comes.

True but im talking about a small band upgrade not large also some site hosts make changING the bandwidth easier and flexible

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I think the whole rom/backup thing is a grey area in the law.
yeah, but its better for them to fit into the grey area with personal backups and homebrew as their defence where it can go either way than like sky3ds, where pretty much the only way to use it is with downloaded roms, i doubt many sky3ds users are on 4.x to make their own backup, and even if they where sky3ds don't provide any tools to make your own backups

BUT. on the other hand gateway distribute copy written code....so maybe sky3ds would be in a better position (legally speaking)........lets face it if either team was found they would be out of the business and swimming in legal fee's

Reactions: darmani11

BirdsAreSpies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
i love it when people think they will find out who these teams are and where they live from things like whois lookups.......like that wouldn't be the first thing nintendo would so and just be knocking on the door the next day :lol:

even if their details where public i highly doubt they would be their real details.....and not only that what you you intend to do if you find them? write a letter and ask them if you can have the FW
Lol what? There is nothing illegal about the stuff they are doing (at least it's not in every country). Do you really think there would be still shops selling them? What would Nintendo do after finding them? Tell those bad boys to stop building flashcards?
Also there are other ways to find them but doing a simple dns lookup.

Oh by the way. I just want to know where they are from to get a time span in which we could suppose an update.

In some countries backups are legal. For example Switzerland and, as far as I know, Norway or Iceland. In Germany it is legal to create backups if you don't break any copy protections.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is true. They have the worst way to communicate with their customers, and not even a twitter account for updates.

GW is under no obligation to respond to such rude and silly ass emails, but be glad that they gave you a reply. Twitter? Is it by law that every 3DS/N3DS/N3DSLL card team has to have a Tweeter account? NO, so shut it.

And to the guy talking about "its a forum, we can post whatever", go ahead and clutter up the forums with repeated topics. All you're doing is creating more work for the mods to clean up, we members can say what we want in them. Don't like it, don't repost.

darmani11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol what? There is nothing illegal about the stuff they are doing (at least it's not in every country). Do you really think there would be still shops selling them? What would Nintendo do after finding them? Tell those bad boys to stop building flashcards?
Also there are other ways to find them but doing a simple dns lookup.

Oh by the way. I just want to know where they are from to get a time span in which we could suppose an update.

In some countries backups are legal. For example Switzerland and, as far as I know, Norway or Iceland. In Germany it is legal to create backups if you don't break any copy protections.
They are using Nintendo's code, and then altering it to trigger exploits. That goes against copy right laws.

Reactions: sparrowreal

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GW is under no obligation to respond to such rude and silly ass emails, but be glad that they gave you a reply. Twitter? Is it by law that every 3DS/N3DS/N3DSLL card team has to have a Tweeter account? NO, so shut it.

And to the guy talking about "its a forum, we can post whatever", go ahead and clutter up the forums with repeated topics. All you're doing is creating more work for the mods to clean up, we members can say what we want in them. Don't like it, don't repost.

Problem is the net is basically the playground people butch on it, cause bs fights and cry to their mommies.

BirdsAreSpies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
They are using Nintendo's code, and then altering it to trigger exploits. That goes against copy right laws.
Where are they using Nintendo's code? They run an exploit in their code but don't use a single line of Nintendo or am I wrong? Using exploits is not illegal.
Why isn't jailbreaking not illegal then? It's exactly the same.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Where are they using Nintendo's code? They run an exploit in their code but don't use a single line of Nintendo or am I wrong? Using exploits is not illegal.
Why isn't jailbreaking not illegal then? It's exactly the same.

The launcher.dat contains Nintendo's code, which is why you won't find it being linked on gbatemp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: because it didn't taste good