Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted-188346

...it's still a good while until Christmas.
16 days.
392 total hours.
Minus sleep, it's more like 256 hours.
The Lord Of The Rings Extended Blu-Ray cut is 12.1 hours .
You would have to watch The Lord Of The Rings 21.1 times (accounting for sleep) and then Christmas would arrive.

Really, it's not that long if you think about it. It's just 21.1 LotRs away.

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Enjoy every day and be patient guys, i always wait months for things and when i get them i never use them or is not what i was expecting

Reactions: Phantom_User

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
16 days.
392 total hours.
Minus sleep, it's more like 256 hours.
The Lord Of The Rings Extended Blu-Ray cut is 12.1 hours .
You would have to watch The Lord Of The Rings 21.1 times (accounting for sleep) and then Christmas would arrive.

Really, it's not that long if you think about it. It's just 21.1 LotRs away.
Only downside being that if you watched the extended trilogy 21 times in a row, you would be an insane person by the end of it. Then again if the exploit release became "your precious," at least you would be happy with just that for the rest of your life.

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i placed my order for a jap n3ds ll from nippon-yasan on thursday and ive been bugging the hell out of them to ship it ever since. good news is they say theyre gna ship it today or tomorrow. which means it should be here by friday if im to believe the 3-4 day fedex shipping. oh and i did ask if they would update the 3ds before shippng it and they said "we dont do that sorry" so lol yup. IM SO EXCITED!!!

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
so i placed my order for a jap n3ds ll from nippon-yasan on thursday and ive been bugging the hell out of them to ship it ever since. good news is they say theyre gna ship it today or tomorrow. which means it should be here by friday if im to believe the 3-4 day fedex shipping. oh and i did ask if they would update the 3ds before shippng it and they said "we dont do that sorry" so lol yup. IM SO EXCITED!!!
I did the same thing mine arrives tomorrow

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually wonder why they don't communicate more with their community. A more constant stream of news would be mighty welcome.

It's burned them in the past. They announced release dates and such to please the masses, couldn't meet them, and the back lash on this forum and others was heavy to say the least. They probably would have kept their 9.X support a secret until they were done if it wasn't for the fact that they need as many people as possible to get there and stay there before Nintendo fixes their new entry point and releases a new update.

It's annoying to us starving average Joe's, but it's not w/o reason or malicious. Of that I'm certain.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
after long time of reading & watching reviews i've decided to order the N3DS & i just did it no going back. the reason why i choose it over XL is because 3D on sharper screen will look better. :) plus it's a bit more portable.

looks like i'm going to have to make my own screen protectors since i can't find them on sale anywhere.

mind telling me the base screen protector you'll use? like maybe an xl one trimmed unless there's a perfect size out there for 2ds top screen for the bottom screen maybe?

Thats what I've been doing so far.. But the system feels... dead? without it.

It's like having a ps4 without wifi amirite?

Reactions: GotKrypto76
D

Deleted-188346

It's burned them in the past. They announced release dates and such to please the masses, couldn't meet them, and the back lash on this forum and others was heavy to say the least.
Generally if you can't meet dates, yes, you'll get backlash. That doesn't just apply to software, but any industry ever.
Why not set a date that's later than actually expected, and if you finish early, surprise the community? If you run into problems, you'll likely still meet your deadline (unless it's a catastrophic issue). Everybody wins.

They probably would have kept their 9.X support a secret until they were done if it wasn't for the fact that they need as many people as possible to get there and stay there before Nintendo fixes their new entry point and releases a new update.
It's not the announcement that's the problem, it's the lack of communication.
Even just a "at best it shouldn't be a few more days", or a "we've run into a small issue, this might put us back a few days" would be appreciated. It's not the waiting that's the problem, it's the silence.

It's annoying to us starving average Joe's, but it's not w/o reason or malicious. Of that I'm certain.
Of course there are reasons, it's just frustrating that the community is kept entirely in the dark.
I would never assume that Gateway is being malicious (except for the bricking, but hey, forgive and forget). They aren't Sky3DS.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Generally if you can't meet dates, yes, you'll get backlash. That doesn't just apply to software, but any industry ever.
Why not set a date that's later than actually expected, and if you finish early, surprise the community? If you run into problems, you'll likely still meet your deadline (unless it's a catastrophic issue). Everybody wins.

It's not the announcement that's the problem, it's the lack of communication.
Even just a "at best it shouldn't be a few more days", or a "we've run into a small issue, this might put us back a few days" would be appreciated. It's not the waiting that's the problem, it's the silence.

Of course there are reasons, it's just frustrating that the community is kept entirely in the dark.
I would never assume that Gateway is being malicious (except for the bricking, but hey, forgive and forget). They aren't Sky3DS.

#yolo..

Dammit Gateway

bendrr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
re-read my posts, hate to recant but I don't want a brand new 3ds to be bricked so I hope they test it thoroughly even if it takes till after xmas*.

*NOOOoooooo...

Reactions: thorasgar

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Puppy_Washer:

Don't get me wrong, I see your points w/ clarity. But the way they behave, they won't ever miss a deadline again and the surest way to do that is to not make any promises before they are 100% ready to be fulfilled. Setting a later date and then finding a catastrophic problem is not acceptable to them.

I'm equally frustrated w/ their lack of communication. I just see something that I'm trying to share. I'm not trying to excuse the poor handling of the situation.

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i was thinking maybe theres a way we could us ninjhax to update to 9.2 without using nintendos servers or something. like if theres a way we can download the update file now and then hold onto it for when nintendo puts out their update and then run a homebrew app that installs that shit. yeah boom. put that in your computer and code it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/ajurvXsCdbo?t=225