• Likes 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one knows for sure that Nintendo's update intentionally blocked the card.....would be kind of hard to block until they get their hands on it and see how it has expoited the cartridge slot.....if Nintendo knew they had a gaping hole in their cart slot security why not fix it prior to now and render things like gateway unuseable. If gateway is a decent product then it will be updateable and it will likely take some type of hardware modification to permablock the sucker.....we won't know until we get it but I am stay on 5.x for now. My guess is gateway is working on 6.x update for release date and not wanting to tip their hand to Nintendo. As long as the thing can be flashed their is a pretty good chance they will keep it working. In the past most ODE type products like wiikey, wode, xkey have been totally undetectible to the host system because they appear just like real hardware....heres hoping gateway is similiar. If not then I will use it on 5.x for a number of months to play with the current library of title's I don't own and hope an update or another product fixes the problem for 6.x.

storum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm afraid to get my pre-order with some Chinese sites, but I will follow day by day until the release of card.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Man I miss the good old days where people still had a passion for hacking console and when companies didn't make there consoles hack proof. Isn't that the reason why the new consoles have not been hacked no one can hack them or the people who could hack them don't have the desire to hack them?

It's more like, hackers have the systems fully hacked and exploited, but they are dickheads and won't release the hacks due to their ego and some "lack of homebrew dev interest" bullshit that they made up.

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A primary reason that Homebrew has dried up, is due to many devs switching to Indie development, which has become very popular in the past 5 years. Prior to that there were very few realistic paying avenues for an indie dev and a lot more did homebrew with their free time. On top of that is the obvious security has become much tighter as well.

Reactions: Rydian

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It's more like, hackers have the systems fully hacked and exploited, but they are dickheads and won't release the hacks due to their ego and some "lack of homebrew dev interest" bullshit that they made up.
>develops nothing
>Claims the lack of development interest is a lie

See, the issue is not the WANT for OTHER PEOPLE to develop stuff FOR YOU, it's the lack of people to actually program and port stuff themselves.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a little worried for using the online features, I can stop using online multiplay if I had to but can't I use swapnotes and such?

Oh well, it's a small price for the amount of fun I'm gonna have :)

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a little worried for using the online features, I can stop using online multiplay if I had to but can't I use swapnotes and such?

Oh well, it's a small price for the amount of fun I'm gonna have :)
This cart supposedly doesn't use an exploit, so you'd have no worry about online play if that is true. The system would see it as being absolutely no different than a store bought game.

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Looks Up at Rydian's Response to this....

Pretty much what I was thinking. Also, there really isn't the same interest in homebrew (especially for stuff like Wii U due the amount of open source devices, android, etc.), but the 3DS still has an edge with some of its features than other devices. Also, for the 3DS, the kernal exploit is patched, and the save exploit, this is something a lot of people forget (not saying you specifically, or if you did at all), would also be completely patched destroyed (metaphorically) Days or weeks (or who knows, hours) after it would be released to the public. Yeah, there are some big egos in the hacking scene in general (ive seen a few in the iphone jailbreaking area), but not everyone is.

This cart supposedly doesn't use an exploit, so you'd have no worry about online play if that is true. The system would see it as being absolutely no different than a store bought game.

Not if the game ROM had the same ID as another physical copy that someone else was using several hundred miles away or more away from you, and you both were playing were playing online lol. If piracy goes rampant with this..... That might be one way Ill see plenty of people banned off of online, if the seriel number data is on the ROM, as hundreds or thousands pop up using the same gamecard on Ninties servers at the same time lol.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We don't know that for sure. I have little knowledge of the inner workings of the 3DS, but doesn't the 3DS take logs of the carts you use, and other information? Couldn't they look at the logs and see "Hey... thousands of people are playing Pokemon X with the same game ID... *banhammer*"?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I guarantee someone will release something when Pokemon gets here. It will get people motivated to crack the system. Every major Pokemon game has been hacked thus far, and I have faith in my heroes. :3

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, maybe you put a monster hunter game in SD and will be linked to a chess game rom.
I think the flashcard use one game id to emulate all games. Could Explain the problem with the save too. The game find the savedata from id, but cant read because is from another game.
Only thinkng about it... Not for sure, of course.

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
sooo guys i heard someone saying that if they replace the game on the mini sd card the save will get deleted/corrupted , but what about the new feature in the 3ds that backs up the save data on the 3ds's sd card?
is it possible to use this feature for our advantage?
im just wondering btw :)

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sooo guys i heard someone saying that if they replace the game on the mini sd card the save will get deleted/corrupted , but what about the new feature in the 3ds that backs up the save data on the 3ds's sd card?
is it possible to use this feature for our advantage?
im just wondering btw :)
No, it's not. That's only possible to transfer save from retail cart to downloaded game. That's not to say someone could make that function work that way with some elbow grease. Also, Gateway claimed they fixed that save problem, but who knows.

Reactions: haxan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol