• Replies 1,490
  • Likes 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
No, it's not. That's only possible to transfer save from retail cart to downloaded game. That's not to say someone could make that function work that way with some elbow grease. Also, Gateway claimed they fixed that save problem, but who knows.

ohhhh i see.
thanks for replying ^^

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if Gateway can't overcome the update I would still release the cart with the same asking price. 80 dollars for over a dozen quality 3DS titles is a solid deal. Plus not only are there plenty of people who haven't updated to the new firmware, but the 3ds units currently available to buy don't have this latest update pre-installed.

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6xe1.jpg

Glad I didn't upgrade my other 3DS :P
So yeah...
two more weeks or so...

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Even if Gateway can't overcome the update I would still release the cart with the same asking price. 80 dollars for over a dozen quality 3DS titles is a solid deal. Plus not only are there plenty of people who haven't updated to the new firmware, but the 3ds units currently available to buy don't have this latest update pre-installed.

True.

But I would not ask the same price. It is not a fully workable device if not able to function on newer firmwares. I would drop the price down to at least 50€ so I could compete with other cart series such as the R4 and DSTWO.

Don't forget that as soon as Gateway is released, the other teams are BOUND to release their own 3DS ROM compatible carts. If that happens in a relatively short time, the Gateway team is as good as dead. Especially if the competition presents better prices..

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I skimmed through the http://gateway-3ds.com/resellers.html list, and about half of those sites are taking preorders. Weren't they warned to not do that or get taken off the list?

They were all warned. Any website taking pre-orders are not trustworthy as they are going against SPECIFIC instructions by the Gateway team.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, maybe you put a monster hunter game in SD and will be linked to a chess game rom.
I think the flashcard use one game id to emulate all games. Could Explain the problem with the save too. The game find the savedata from id, but cant read because is from another game.
Only thinkng about it... Not for sure, of course.

i dont think so ,i mean look at the video ,when the sd cards with the different roms on them are placed inside of the gateway the right title /cart logo appears on the system menu screen for each diferent game, so if it used the same one for all the games then wouldnt it always show up as the same game like supecard dstwo always shows up as alex ryder stormbreaker for example

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
They do allow preorders, just not *payed* preorders or advance payments.

Any website that takes NON-PAID pre-orders is okay. That is a different matter. The problem is this:

A lot of them charge the credit card immediately. I know for a fact that modchipsdirect.com does :/

For all we know, the card might not even be released. And even if it does, the Gateway team (if I am not mistaken), has warned that all websites taking paid pre-orders will be moved to the bottom of the supply list. Meaning you will be waiting even longer, after you've paid hard earned money.

Green Cat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Any website that takes NON-PAID pre-orders is okay. That is a different matter. The problem is this:

For all we know, the card might not even be released. And even if it does, the Gateway team (if I am not mistaken), has warned that all websites taking paid pre-orders will be moved to the bottom of the supply list. Meaning you will be waiting even longer, after you've paid hard earned money.

Those sites are essentially hurting themselves and their clients.

Schaapje82

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, just don't order there...

Rainbowsixvegas6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Not true. They are NOT removing those who take preorders and also are not putting them at the bottom of the que. I emailed them about that rumor a couple of days ago.

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not true. They are NOT removing those who take preorders and also are not putting them at the bottom of the que. I emailed them about that rumor a couple of days ago.

Hmm. Okay then, in light of that new information, I withdraw my statement about the Gateway team applying "penalties" due to pre-ordering.

Still, I strongly advise not to pre-order.

ßleck

Console Peasant
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Every time I check this thread it's always a bunch of people repeating the same stuff and spreading pointless speculations about this cart. Can't we just wait and leave this thread for actual news...

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I check this thread it's always a bunch of people repeating the same stuff and spreading pointless speculations about this cart. Can't we just wait and leave this thread for actual news...

This coming from the villain who failed in his attempt to kidnap Princess Peach. Once you're able to defeat Mario, Count Bleck, then you can decide the direction of this thread.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Okay then, in light of that new information, I withdraw my statement about the Gateway team applying "penalties" due to pre-ordering.

Still, I strongly advise not to pre-order.

Pre Ordering really comes down to if you trust the vendor. It would be stupid for Gateway to punish pre-orderers. After all we are their most eager customers, have already put our money down and wanted to be first in line. I can assure you the size of their first production run is being determined by pre-order feedback from their vendors.

I use modchip central who I have used for years, purchased various DS, PS3, X360, Wii products from and know they are reputable and have quick shipping to the USA. I know if gateway never materializes they will give me a refund or at least credit. I do a lot of modding and stuff for myself and my friends/family (I never charge for my services because that goes against the creed). I am also looking forward to the announced WiiUKey so if gateway bombs out I will likely sit on my credit until that device arrives.

So if they are unkown vendors, or just popped up yesterday to sell gateway then yes I would be warry and wait until there is an actual product before I ordered, but if they are an established vendor and you have dealt with them before then what's your concern? They are going to take care of their customers or risk losing them.

Also, if you don't pre-order then if demand is high and the first production run is limited then expect to wait another 4-6 weeks before the next batch arrives. I pre-ordered the day they started taking orders so I know when the product hits I will get one in the first batch.....after all it is only $80 which I know seems like a lot to some people but a dinner with your girl at a nice place costs more than that and so does 20 gallons of gas so its not like your risking that much if the thing punks out!

Reactions: Coto

KytuzuZE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pre Ordering really comes down to if you trust the vendor. It would be stupid for Gateway to punish pre-orderers. After all we are their most eager customers, have already put our money down and wanted to be first in line. I can assure you the size of their first production run is being determined by pre-order feedback from their vendors.

I use modchip central who I have used for years, purchased various DS, PS3, X360, Wii products from and know they are reputable and have quick shipping to the USA. I know if gateway never materializes they will give me a refund or at least credit. I do a lot of modding and stuff for myself and my friends/family (I never charge for my services because that goes against the creed). I am also looking forward to the announced WiiUKey so if gateway bombs out I will likely sit on my credit until that device arrives.

So if they are unkown vendors, or just popped up yesterday to sell gateway then yes I would be warry and wait until there is an actual product before I ordered, but if they are an established vendor and you have dealt with them before then what's your concern? They are going to take care of their customers or risk losing them.

Also, if you don't pre-order then if demand is high and the first production run is limited then expect to wait another 4-6 weeks before the next batch arrives. I pre-ordered the day they started taking orders so I know when the product hits I will get one in the first batch.....after all it is only $80 which I know seems like a lot to some people but a dinner with your girl at a nice place costs more than that and so does 20 gallons of gas so its not like your risking that much if the thing punks out!

So true...about pre-ordering...

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I agree that it is all a matter of trust. If you have used that website before, and they take good care of their costumers, including refunding if the cart fails to release, then by all means pre-order.

after all it is only $80 which I know seems like a lot to some people but a dinner with your girl at a nice place costs more than that and so does 20 gallons of gas so its not like your risking that much if the thing punks out!

However this, I cannot agree with. Let me reverse the situation:

While 80$ seems like an expendable amount to some people, it is enough to buy half a month of food for 2 people.

So you can see, if I could "throw around" 80$ for gas or taking my "girl" to a nice restaurant, I would not be buying or supporting the Gateway cart. I would buy original, since I can afford to do so.

The issue here is the target audience. If I could afford to buy originals, I would not think twice. I would just buy it. The problem is I can't. So if I want to play, I have to go "pirate" and buy the Gateway.

Reactions: sonictopfan

samljer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its hilarious how everyone got worked up over this, not once did they ever say it was canceled. it was delayed for 2 reasons, and 2 alone.

1) It was June guys... manufacturing in china slows to a stand still as they have a huge holiday there during this time; yea you can hold the Gateway team at fault here for this because if they are china based they should have known
but how often have any of you planned something alone the following lines
(shit yea brah, we will do it, hows two weeks sound?) only to realize a few days away that you just planned something over a major holiday - and it aint gunna happen?

2) they were trying to get it working for 6.0 PRIOR to release -- and put a small delay on it - for all the companies that do this; why are you guys at all shocked?
wasnt the longest pushed back game ever like, D3 or something, years and years pushed back, put on hold, pushed some more. Point is not uncommon.

until they actually TELL you its been canceled relax - its not like other teams that say shit and run. they had actually went as far as securing vendors with demo units.
so chill.

samljer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree that it is all a matter of trust. If you have used that website before, and they take good care of their costumers, including refunding if the cart fails to release, then by all means pre-order.

However this, I cannot agree with. Let me reverse the situation:

While 80$ seems like an expendable amount to some people, it is enough to buy half a month of food for 2 people.

So you can see, if I could "throw around" 80$ for gas or taking my "girl" to a nice restaurant, I would not be buying or supporting the Gateway cart. I would buy original, since I can afford to do so.

The issue here is the target audience. If I could afford to buy originals, I would not think twice. I would just buy it. The problem is I can't. So if I want to play, I have to go "pirate" and buy the Gateway.

if $80 is gunna break you for the value of every game on a system released to date for your region (150 or so); then you shouldnt be gaming - you need another job
fact is $80 is still like 2 or 3 games, and if you cant afford that, you really. realllly shouldnt be buying games.

Target audience my ass; they priced it as the value of 2 retail games, (full $39, MSRP games) and thats fine.
stop beating around the bush.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6xe1.jpg

Glad I didn't upgrade my other 3DS :P
So yeah...
two more weeks or so...

I got that same email from them..TWO WEEKS AGO..WOW, this thing is never coming out..first the BS about them releasing new info about this card and now this..I think its about time to face facts that this thing is never coming out..the firmware update must have killed it

Reactions: Syphurith
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1