• Likes 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay lets re-post the same information, but this time a little more organized for easy understanding:

if $80 is gunna break you for the value of every game on a system released to date for your region (150 or so); then you shouldnt be gaming - you need another job
fact is $80 is still like 2 or 3 games, and if you cant afford that, you really. realllly shouldnt be buying games.

I shouldn't buy games? Let me make this clear: I don't buy games. Only on rare occasions and when I can afford to. The only game I have is Super Mario 3D Land. Other than that I use an R4 card for DS games.

I'm also not understanding what got you this worked up. I defend the Gateway. Always did. What I did not agree with QuickSilver88's post, was the fact that he mentioned 80$ would be a fairly easy amount to pay for the cart. While that might be the case for him, it certainly is not for other people. So my opinion is a little different on that one.

Target audience my ass; they priced it as the value of 2 retail games, (full $39, MSRP games) and thats fine.
stop beating around the bush.

Are you sure you read my post?

I am going to buy the Gateway cart because of all the money it will save me and I can still enjoy games. Either that or keep buying games, few and far between.

The point I was trying to make is, that if 80 dollars is an amount you are comfortable with then why will you buy the Gateway? If you have a monthly budget of 80$+ for gaming, why not buying original? Support the developers and the companies?

I would. I don't because I can't, unfortunately.

All in all, its just a matter of opinion, but if I had that kind of budget for gaming, I would go original.

So for me, this is a "one time deal". I stretch my budget a little so I can buy a Gateway, but then I don't have to worry about buying games for some time..

Reactions: KytuzuZE

KytuzuZE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Target audience my ass; they priced it as the value of 2 retail games, (full $39, MSRP games) and thats fine.
stop beating around the bush.

I do the same but,I agree with WhiteMaze and i have my money complete so im waiting it.

Reactions: WhiteMaze

Enchilada

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
If games weren't that expensive, flashcarts won't exist.

A brand new game that costs 50$-60$ is a quarter of the avreage salary in my country.

Reactions: WhiteMaze

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thing needs to come out............FAST!!!!

I think they have made it perfectly clear with their "It will be released in two weeks" every two weeks email that this card will not be released..something went wrong, probably the Nintendo firmware update is what officially killed it..Im willing to move on, I am glad I Never pre ordered it, but at least they should come out and stop prolonging the inevitable

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
This cart supposedly doesn't use an exploit, so you'd have no worry about online play if that is true. The system would see it as being absolutely no different than a store bought game.
I hope so, would be nice if the cart could support adding more games in one SD as well as supporting multi-regions, perhaps these features will be added in the future, I wouldn't even say no for DS support too ^_^

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
We don't know that for sure. I have little knowledge of the inner workings of the 3DS, but doesn't the 3DS take logs of the carts you use, and other information? Couldn't they look at the logs and see "Hey... thousands of people are playing Pokemon X with the same game ID... *banhammer*"?
Even Nintendo aren't that stupid to risk banning a legit game cart in favor to ban the other hackers out there.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was just emailed to me from Gateway 3DS:

there will be news by end of the week.
and release is imminent, with some samples soon sent to review people.

Will see if they are once again pulling our legs or are legit this time

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far it is fake. They would at least release something for those whom don't update.

Also this is a cleaver scam. Plunk down $80 on preorder, multiply that by about 150,000 people, delay it by multiples of 2 weeks and apologize. Easy quick cool and free 1.2 million $ and no way to recoup the money after it gets to a point where paypal policy is out of bounds.

Think about it.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far it is fake. They would at least release something for those whom don't update.

Also this is a cleaver scam. Plunk down $80 on preorder, multiply that by about 150,000 people, delay it by multiples of 2 weeks and apologize. Easy quick cool and free 1.2 million $ and no way to recoup the money after it gets to a point where paypal policy is out of bounds.

Think about it.
Except for the fact that they have told people a ton of times not to pre-order until they say to. Which they have yet to say.

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States

Also this is a cleaver scam. Plunk down $80 on preorder, multiply that by about 150,000 people, delay it by multiples of 2 weeks and apologize. Easy quick cool and free 1.2 million $ and no way to recoup the money after it gets to a point where paypal policy is out of bounds.h

Think about it.

Anyone dumb enough to put down 80dollars on said that hasn't even been proven real deserves to be screwed out of there money

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone dumb enough to put down 80dollars on said that hasn't even been proven real deserves to be screwed out of there money

This world is full of dumb people. A sucker is born every minute. You know why my old acct email gets flooded with Nigerian scams? It is because the scams WORK!!!! Shoot my own sister was even getting ready to send them 5 grand to see if they'd send her some money. I even told her over and over that it was a scam and she didn't even want to listen. lol!

But anyway yeah $80 for 2 cents worth of cheap plastic and low grade electronics, now that is a deal.....

If games weren't that expensive, flashcarts won't exist.

A brand new game that costs 50$-60$ is a quarter of the avreage salary in my country.

I buy most of my games on sale and have only paid full price for one so far. I usually spend $10-$20 per game new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1