Hacking GATEWAY 3.2 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so it did go, and after using the nds installer is stayed? i'll try it if the exploit goes away again
Yes it keeps on staying, exactly same behavior as GW's NVRAM feature, playing NDS games still don't kill it.
I don't think there's a single difference between both methods.

D

Deleted-19228

Still no confirmation of someone testing this on an old 3ds. Any reason why it wouldn't work? Seems odd that the OLD system settings works on the NEW system but the OLD system settings wouldn't work on the OLD system. :o

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no confirmation of someone testing this on an old 3ds. Any reason why it wouldn't work? Seems odd that the OLD system settings works on the NEW system but the OLD system settings wouldn't work on the OLD system. :o
Is there any need for this on the old 3DS? I cannot figure out why people are complaining about this. The Zelda and Cubic exploits work on 9.2-, same as the browser exploit. Why not just use that and downgrade to 4.5?

D

Deleted-19228

Because some people like keeping their games using the newer encryption so they can actually use their retail cards in the system without having to wipe the saves and start over.

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because some people like keeping their games using the newer encryption so they can actually use their retail cards in the system without having to wipe the saves and start over.
Use the Gateway menu, SDF and NTR to move your saves to the cart and back.

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can confirm that the MSET downgrade exploit (in other words, using the old 4.x System Settings on an Old 3DS that hasn't been downgraded to 4.x) doesn't work on the Old 3DS. My O3DS was on 9.2.0-20U, and I was successfully able to downgrade the system settings and install the NVRAM thing, but I get a black screen error message when I try to load the DS Profile MSET exploit. Unfortunately, we can't do anything with it on O3DS at the moment because the exploit is probably coded to only work with the New 3DS memory values.

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country

AdowTatep

Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Huys, installed NVRAM and when i try to open gateway menu it stays all black and nothing happens :/

I'm doing something wrong? I'm using sky3ds to boot cubic ninja.

When i go to ds profile just the ds profile screen appear and the gateway menu doesn't open, using a jp new 3ds.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
First of all make sure it is the correct CIA for your region (that is included in GW Ultra 3.2 package). It will only install 'correctly signed' CIAs.
DevMenu: https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3-2-ultra-public-beta.387635/page-9#post-5468440

It's definitely the right region cia. I don't know about the dev menu version, as it literally black screens whenever I open it, regardless of which one I download, and googling the version number you provided isn't yielding any results.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So, does FBI or BRM work with this .cia? I, for the life of me, can't find a working copy of Dev menu.
Use the "DevMenu_2x.cia" that came with govanify "CFW". It definitely works and it just installs mset_XXX.cia on top of the old (9.2) mset with having to delete it separately.

I wish people would stop recommending FBI for this. Its a great app, but it's designed for advanced users and programmers. It's too easy for a beginner to delete the wrong system app and brick their system.

Reactions: MattKimura

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Use the "DevMenu_2x.cia" that came with govanify "CFW". It definitely works and it just installs on top of the old mset with having to delete it separately.

I wish people would stop recommending FBI for this. Its a great app, but it's designed for advanced users and programmers. It's too easy for a beginner to delete the wrong system app and brick their system.

i recommend FBI. you don't need to remove your emunand/use another sd card.
you don't get devmenu in your play logs (if you care about that)
as long as you don't just press random buttons, you will be ok. you have to confirm that you really want to delete it, 1 or 2 times :)

but if you use fbi, you will have to delete the old one first, because the fw you are running it in is not patched to allow older titles installed over newer ones. only gw 3.2 does that.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Use the "DevMenu_2x.cia" that came with govanify "CFW". It definitely works and it just installs mset_XXX.cia on top of the old (9.2) mset with having to delete it separately.

Oh, THANK YOU. This was the only one that worked! I really appreciate the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle