Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
I know what you mean. I had to burrow until I found the working version of it. I tried like 3 different files until it worked in my end. You could also look for BigBlueMenu. It virtually is the same as devmenu.

That's what I normally use, but I keep reading that it won't work in BBM.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
any more information about ds games/dsiware clearing the exploit?
some people say no matter what ds games they run, the exploit is still there.

i had the ds profile exploit, then i loaded a dsiware game, and then the exploit was gone, i had to reinstall it.
is that because it was dsiware and no a normal ds game?
is has nothing to do with installing or not installing a lower/broken version of the ds whitelist?

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Finally, got the rop installer to work with this :P Attached.

I can only test on USA n3ds so, EU and JPN let me know if it works for you too.

If not, please install the GW menu NVRAM installer then immediatly dump your DS profile with this app
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-nvram-flash-manager.383838/
and send it to me (just the last 0x200 bytes of your nvram, i don't want to know your wifi password :P )

Thanks!
It works great on EUR N3DS :)

at first, I was a bit confused on which file I had to pick and what option I had to choose from...
What are all these options do exactly? Maybe giving us a little information would be nice :)

Selecting the first option did the trick for me :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
any more information about ds games/dsiware clearing the exploit?
some people say no matter what ds games they run, the exploit is still there.

i had the ds profile exploit, then i loaded a dsiware game, and then the exploit was gone, i had to reinstall it.
is that because it was dsiware and no a normal ds game?
is has nothing to do with installing or not installing a lower/broken version of the ds whitelist?
well to help nail it down, i have the broken whitelist installed and mine seems to be permanent now after playing NDS games,NDS flashcards etc, it did go the first time after using the blue card, but since then i havent been able to get it to be wiped, although i dont have any dsiware to try

Reactions: cearp

delt31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disclaimer: Backup your system NAND before you try this, neither I nor SteveIce10/anyone else are responsible if you brick your 3DS from doing this.

If you're having trouble installing Gateway's mset CIA, use SteveIce10's FBI (press L to select NAND destination, and then R so it goes to delete title mode) to delete your system settings app;

004001000020000 - JPN
004001000021000 - USA
004001000022000 - EUR

And then simply install the CIA as before (press L to change destination to NAND if it isn't). It shouldn't complain about anything then. I just did it myself.

Sorry but where is this title located b/c I drilled through everything on my card in FBI and I don't see the one for USA. Path please? Apparently I need to remove the system settings app first before installing the Gateway CIA.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
well to help nail it down, i have the broken whitelist installed and mine seems to be permanent now after playing NDS games,NDS flashcards etc, it did go the first time after using the blue card, but since then i havent been able to get it to be wiped, although i dont have any dsiware to try

did go the first time? but the 2nd time no? very weird. (but good!) well it has gone once for me, so maybe now it will stick like yours.
i hope dsiware does not 100% get rid of it though, i want to keep playing advance wars days of ruin + 3ds games without having to reinstall the exploit each time haha

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
did go the first time? but the 2nd time no? very weird. (but good!) well it has gone once for me, so maybe now it will stick like yours.
i hope dsiware does not 100% get rid of it though, i want to keep playing advance wars days of ruin + 3ds games without having to reinstall the exploit each time haha
nope first time i installed, i booted into GW mode to confirm it worked,exited out, started blue card, exited out and it prompted for setting up DS profile when i went back to the DS profile page, so i reinstalled the NVram thing in the GW menu and tried it again with a NDS retail cart and it stayed there after playing, so i tried again with the blue card and it still worked this time, tried all the turning off without exiting the DS game etc and its still there

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "gatewait" is hardly over. This update included support for current firmware emuNAND (for o3DS only) and a way to make the N3DS only use CN or OoT once. You're still stuck with the same sysNAND firmwares.

ahh well thats fair i guess. the waits been over for me since they announced the oot exploit. I guess when i think of the gatewait or the waitway im thinking of those several hundred page threads of ppl just posting pictures of trains and lame rumours and random dates with no proof to back them up. lol good times man.
it gave us lots of time to get our 3dsiso files to be ready when gateway released. we had to please wait more tiems. but its all good now!!! even better now that i dont have to switch carts when i want to play xenoblade!!

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamesquest1, cearp; I wasn't able to kill it by using NDS roms (retail, blueGW card), no matter what I tried.
The only thing that made it go away consistently is:
launch EMUNAND > go in Settings > DS Profile, change a parameter there (comment or color) > go back to Sysnand, now the exploit is gone..
At least here lol ^^;

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
gamesquest1, cearp; I wasn't able to kill it by using NDS roms (retail, blueGW card), no matter what I tried.
The only thing that made it go away is:
launch EMUNAND > go in Settings > DS Profile, change a parameter there (comment or color) > go back to Sysnand, now the exploit is gone..
At least here lol ^^;

it didn't even go once?
did you install with gw's nvram installer, or the .nds ds flashcard version? (although i doubt it should matter)

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed using GW's NVRAM.
Then after it finally broke lol, I used zoogie's ROPInstaller_N3DS to make sure it worked on Jpn systems as well.

edit: yes, not once with NDS games.

delt31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know where I can find the title ID for my system app in FBI so I can delete it? I need to before installing the GW cia.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since