Brazil

AdowTatep

Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil
You are giving not many informations, instead of asking every detail, just read the tutorial and look up where you went wrong.

I did read every word and i did everything like that, the only problem is: After installing NVRAM and pressing the first button(Boot gateway mode) to go to Gateway mode. The 3DS freeze on a black screen

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did read every word and i did everything like that, the only problem is: After installing NVRAM and pressing the first button(Boot gateway mode) to go to Gateway mode. The 3DS freeze on a black screen

Read but maybe you didn't understand it... oh well...

Whats your SD Cards brand, what size, SDHC or SDXC, did it work before installing nvram, did you install mset cia first, is emunand inside microsd, is launcher.dat updated to 3.2...

does it still work using game cartridge and so on... put more effort in it and give details... you are sitting behind your new3ds...not us...

EDIT:

If Gateway Mode fails to boot, it can happen at random but not always.

If it happens again and again, something is faulty, for most times it is microSD
and on VERY rare times, who might guessed it, 3D slider, for some its happening
when 3D is off, for some its happening when slider is on. I never had that problem.

AdowTatep

Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Read but maybe you didn't understand it... oh well...

Whats your SD Cards brand, what size, SDHC or SDXC, did it work before installing nvram, did you install mset cia first, is emunand inside microsd, is launcher.dat updated to 3.2...

does it still work using game cartridge and so on... put more effort in it and give details... you are sitting behind your new3ds...not us...

I'm using a 32gb class 10 micro sd sdhc, formatted it again now not using another tool i was using, but using the one from that post you sent me, yes the launcher.dat is updated..., i didn't installed ANY cia since i can't boot gateway mode and there isn't any emunand because of the same thing, it never worked in any ways, before or after installing the nvram.

BUT, i used another SD card, from the same brand, the same everything, bought together with this one, formatted with that tool(HP-USB... etc), and it worked, but when i boot devmenu i got a black screen, (no i'm not using a updated version), but i'll try to find a other one and post updates

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it never worked in any ways, before or after installing the nvram

BUT, i used another SD card, from the same brand, the same everything, bought together with this one, formatted with that tool(HP-USB... etc), and it worked, but when i boot devmenu i got a black screen, (no i'm not using a updated version), but i'll try to find a other one and post updates

As i said in my tutorial, use a different microSD, i suggested the 4GB that came with new3DS, it worked well for me and others.

microSD cards can break VERY easy, touching the pins can be enough > static electronic / shortcut

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any need for this on the old 3DS? I cannot figure out why people are complaining about this. The Zelda and Cubic exploits work on 9.2-, same as the browser exploit. Why not just use that and downgrade to 4.5?

The Zelda and CN exploits don't work on 9.2 on an old 3DS, which is a problem because some people have updated using carts and don't have an appropriate browser. The Zelda and CN could be rewritten to work on an old 3DS on 9.2, but so far they have not been.

AdowTatep

Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil
So it never worked, even with your gamecartridge? MSET/NVRAM won't fix your problem then...

Did you try to format your new3DS? (you have backups from NAND.bin and your internal microSD or?)

I made it work using another SD, but now dev menu got me a black screen when i start it(i select it on multi rom menu and press play on the 3ds menu). I found that one from govanify, but how i can make it work if it's .cia and not .3ds? Converting?

EDIT:
or maybe it's not the dev menu but the fragmentation? this takes a lot?

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made it work using another SD, but now dev menu got me a black screen when i start it(i select it on multi rom menu and press play on the 3ds menu). I found that one from govanify, but how i can make it work if it's .cia and not .3ds? Converting?

EDIT:

Converting is a bad idea... you can use FBI.3DS, but it needs to uninstall MSET and install MSET downgrade without rebooting

If its already the right devmenu.3ds and it blackscreens, check BOTH mircoSD cards, internal AND gateway's... like i said in tutorial... and yes... fragmention is a very bad thing.

AdowTatep

Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Converting is a bad idea... you can use FBI.3DS, but it needs to uninstall MSET and install MSET downgrade without rebooting

If its already the right devmenu.3ds and it blackscreens, check BOTH mircoSD cards, internal AND gateway's... like i said in tutorial... and yes... fragmention is a very bad thing.

I don't know if it's the right dev menu, i found it on an old cfw video. But I don't know if it's my sd or not, and i don't have other one, the other(4gb that came with the 3ds) is on the sky3ds to boot cubic ninja, and one is the one that got me black screen on gateway boot. I have to sleep, tomorrow i come back and continue my progress. Thanks for all the help you've been doing until now for me and for everyone.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

EDIT:
Don't convert the cia, just install it :P Anything should work, bbm, devmen60, fbi, whatever. It's much easier to install devmen than other things. (i used bbm to install the govani cia devmen)

StaticPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Can anyone msg me a way to get the older version of the devmenu?) Found a link to it on a youtube video. Now the profile exploit is working perfect like back in the day on the old 3ds.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't convert the cia, just install it :P Anything should work, bbm, devmen60, fbi, whatever. It's much easier to install devmen than other things. (i used bbm to install the govani cia devmen)

Wrong, devmenu 6.20 / BBM can't overwrite existing or lower cia version's > error message. ONLY devmenu.3ds 0.15.8(r37904)*** is capeable to overwrite lower versions and to replace the files.

FBI needs to uninstall first before it can install the same or lower versions.

***Installing govani's cia with other cia managers will work, if MSET CIA gets installed with govani's cia.

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
Finally, got the rop installer to work with this :P Attached.

I can only test on USA n3ds so, EU and JPN let me know if it works for you too.
If not, please install the GW menu NVRAM installer then immediatly dump your DS profile with this app
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-nvram-flash-manager.383838/
and send it to me (just the last 0x200 bytes of your nvram, i don't want to know your wifi password :P )

Edit:
I forgot to mention that only the first option " 9.x Launcher.dat " will work on the new3ds. The others are for the old 3ds.
N3DS_ROPInstaller.nds = New3ds (1st option only, other 3 options are for old 3ds)
ROPInstaller_GWU.nds = old3ds (everything old3ds)

The rop installer will NOT run homebrew* on the new3ds. This new rop chain for 3.2 is radically different despite exploiting the 4.5 old 3ds settings app.

*kinda true, it will run user-mode rop under the downgraded 4.5 mset app on any new/old 3ds model on 9.x (developers only) If this statement confused you, then you should probably just ignore it.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3-2-ultra-public-beta.387635/page-46#post-5470358
Do we need to run NVRAM Installer from GW Menu before running NDS file?

Everything you would need to know is on the gateway user manual, or in this forum. Doing some google search wouldn't hurt too :)
MSET is the system setting app on 3ds.

Ok, than what NVRAM Install do? Downgrades MSET? Is there any changes in usability Sys. Settings besides it's patchable?
MSET patches Sys. Settings with DS Profile exploit, right?

I'm confused a bit and need confirmation, thanks ;)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Wrong, devmenu 6.20 / BBM can't overwrite existing or lower cia version's > error message. ONLY devmenu.3ds 0.15.8(r37904)*** is capeable to overwrite lower versions and to replace the files.

***Installing govani's cia with other cia managers will work, if MSET CIA gets installed with govani's cia.
That's what I meant, sorry if I was confusing. :P
Do we need to run NVRAM Installer from GW Menu before running NDS file?
Ok, than what NVRAM Install do? Downgrades MSET? Is there any changes in usability Sys. Settings besides it's patchable?
MSET patches Sys. Settings with DS Profile exploit, right?

I'm confused a bit and need confirmation, thanks ;)
No, the NDS NVRAM installer can completely replace the GW menu NVRAM install. No need to do both.
No, only installing mset_xxx.cia will downgrade your System Settings app and make it exploitable. It works by changing it to the old3ds 4.5 System Settings and thus allows us to use the convenient DS profile (nvram) exploit. You also lose the new3ds options etc. by downgrading the app, so keep a copy of your nand backup and emunand backup handy before you do this.
my new 3DS keeps active xploit profile DS mset after loading DSiWare or dstwo, It remains fully functional, How it is possible?
This is a mystery at this point. Some user's nvram exploit stays persistent. It could leave at any time you play a DS game though. Some users had it persistant for a while then lost it so hold on to your CN/OOT/DStwo/R4iGold.cn for now.

Reactions: liomajor

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my new 3DS keeps active xploit profile DS mset after loading DSiWare or dstwo, It remains fully functional, How it is possible?

Give details about your N3DS, model, region, fw, games you tried, flashcard used, etc. every single detail so we can try to narrow it down to the solution.

arm113ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my new 3DS keeps active xploit profile after loading exploit DSiWare or dstwo
Give details about your N3DS, model, region, fw, games you tried, flashcard used, etc. every single detail so we can try to narrow it down to the solution.
My new 3ds is edition ambassador EUR FW 9.0, i have played dsiware zelda four swords, this game https://www.nintendo.es/Juegos/Nint...-Siluetas-ocultas-en-perspectiva--265546.html and Warioware: Snapped!, fc dstwo and I have not installed cía https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-use-blocked-ds-flashcards-on-3ds-probably-n3ds-too.376719/

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

so it's really not a fw limitation, i thought someone said it was in arm9 and had to be patched (installing older stuff over newer)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum