Hacking GATEWAY 3.2 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

jerxjac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If this helps anyone, there's a step by step guy on page 11 by retrospect. From start to finish.

Can someone make a 'step by step' for the OLD 3DS to?

It’s very hard to filter in this post what’s useful for O3DS owners,..

And what the benefits are for O3DS

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone make a 'step by step' for the OLD 3DS to?

It’s very hard to filter in this post what’s useful for O3DS owners,..

And what the benefits are for O3DS
Here's a step-by-step guide for o3DS users:
  1. Replace the old launcher.dat with the new one.
There you have it. The only benefit for o3DS users is support for current firmware in emuNAND.

Reactions: Rudi Rastelli

Kuifa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But the exploit is pointless in emuNAND. What specifically do you want to accomplish?
I got it now, I was a bit confused about it. I'm a little scared about bricking my N3DS...

It will probably result in a brick if you install the wrong region CIA. To restore the Settings app back, Gateway recommends that you restore the sysNAND from your backup, which you should do before creating an emuNAND anyway.

The whole point is for the user to boot into Gateway mode (i.e. get into emuNAND) easier. It needs to be installed to the sysNAND.
So, the only way to brick your N3DS would be using the wrong region CIA? If you were to use the wrong DevMenu it will just gives you an error, right?

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it now, I was a bit confused about it. I'm a little scared about bricking my N3DS...

So, the only way to brick your N3DS would be using the wrong region CIA? If you were to use the wrong DevMenu it will just gives you an error, right?
There's always a risk of bricking your consoles when it comes to hacking. A simple bad press of a button (or two if there's a confirmation window) can lead to a brick. If you're really worried about bricking your N3DS, then just don't go through with it. You can still use the N3DS with CN or OoT, the only difference being the amount of times you need to use them. Or, you could wait a week or so and see if anyone has bricked their console using this method. I have to wait anyway for my Cubic Ninja to arrive in the mail, so I get the benefit of everyone else being beta testers.

And while theoretically using the wrong version of DevMenu, in some astronomically rare event, could cause your console to brick, the more likely event is that you get a black screen or error message.

Reactions: Kuifa

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I checked it out but the guide on page 11 mentions nothing about the ROP installer. So now I am more confused.
the ropinstaller option wasn't available when that guide was posted, i honestly don't understand where all the confusion is from, install MSET to sysnand, install exploit either with oot/CN through the GW menu or via rop installer from a NDS flashcard, it doesn't matter what way you install it, just aslong as MSET has been downgraded and you install the mset exploit to nvram

Reactions: MrJason005

Grimas

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone give me a hand here:
Got the CIA file installed without a problem, however when I try to run the exploit with the Blue gateway card through Nintendo DS Profile it doesn't boot into Gateway mode. Do I need to install the stuff on Deep Labyrinth on the home screen? Tried to do it but I get an error saying "an error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off......" Not sure how to run the exploit...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Can someone give me a hand here:
Got the CIA file installed without a problem, however when I try to run the exploit with the Blue gateway card through Nintendo DS Profile it doesn't boot into Gateway mode. Do I need to install the stuff on Deep Labyrinth on the home screen? Tried to do it but I get an error saying "an error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off......" Not sure how to run the exploit...
to use the blue card you need to install a downgraded nds whitelist or the flashcardtimewarp.cia to sysnand as well as MSET

or if you dont want to do that for whatever reason you will have to install the exploit via the GW menu with the NVRAM install option by using CN/oot

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ropinstaller option wasn't available when that guide was posted, i honestly don't understand where all the confusion is from, install MSET to sysnand, install exploit either with oot/CN through the GW menu or via rop installer from a NDS flashcard, it doesn't matter what way you install it, just aslong as MSET has been downgraded and you install the mset exploit to nvram

Well it's confusing because Gateway's guide on their website is completely different, some people say you need to use different CIA installers for it work, some people say you need a fresh microSD card and some say you don't, and some people as recently as the past page are pointing to a guide you are saying is out of date.

Just so many different posts about how to do it and what's the correct way.

But nonetheless I am going to wait until I read more from people who installed the exploit and it doesn't get removed when running DS software. That's the way I'm personally going to install it :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well it's confusing because Gateway's guide on their website is completely different, some people say you need to use different CIA installers for it work, some people say you need a fresh microSD card and some say you don't, and some people as recently as the past page are pointing to a guide you are saying is out of date.

Just so many different posts about how to do it and what's the correct way.

But nonetheless I am going to wait until I read more from people who installed the exploit and it doesn't get removed when running DS software. That's the way I'm personally going to install it :)
well the guide is still correct, its just that you can now install the exploit via a NDS flashcard if you want....nothing else has changed and its not a "required" step

as for the people who have the perma exploit, its looking likely that it stems from the use of flashcardtimewarp.cia, so you will probably want to install that too while installing MSET as it will also allow you to use the bluecard on the n3DS too so assuming that is what causes the exploit to stick its a win-win situation....although im sure someone will think otherwise as its "not the proper way"...its because they are special

cynique

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
It's okay, if you're a kid or not, you can swear here. Internet anonymity knows no bounds.

i am an adult believe or not.Saying micro sd's i used were useless not equals to swearing in my book i dont think i ofended or insulted anyone and thats what the meaning of swearing but i guess there are a lot of child/childish here.I promise i wont swear here again(fingers not crossed).But if you have a problem with ''s'' or ''f'' words or else refering to swearing i suggest you should ignore me or look closer to this thread and i am sure you will see there are much more dangerous types when it comes to morality

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am an adult believe or not.Saying micro sd's i used were useless not equals to swearing in my book i dont think i ofended or insulted anyone and thats what the meaning of swearing but i guess there are a lot of child/childish here.I promise i wont swear here again(fingers not crossed).But if you have a problem with ''s'' or ''f'' or any letter refering to swearing i suggest you should ignore me or look closer to this thread and i am sure you will see there are much more dangerous types when it comes to morality

I didn't mean to offend, and crappy SD cards do equate to swearing in my book because it's money burned haha. I hear in some countries that STD's are the preferred method of name calling rather than swear words.

tNB

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I have a 4.5 o3DS I play roms on with gateway and a 9.2 N3DS.

Do I still need to buy OoT to use the gateway on the 9.2 N3DS?

Is it actually safe to update the N3DS now?

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Do I still need to buy OoT to use the gateway on the 9.2 N3DS?

Cubic Ninja or Zelda Ocarina of Time (or a Sky3DS) is still required as an entry point for the N3DS, as long as it's running a firmware between v8.1-v9.2.

Is it actually safe to update the N3DS now?

Don't update the N3DS above 9.2. All of the (currently released) exploits won't work. Nintendo patched them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you