Hacking GATEWAY 3.2 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

veekay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems the way they have everything written this is making you update the emunand and not the sysnand. At least following the directions that is what I did since my nands are unlinked, yet my emunand was modified instead of the sysnand

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BigBlueMenu doesn't seem to install it, however DevMenu.3ds worked for me, although i still can't get the exploit to boot the Gateway Menu

Here's what i've attempted:
1. Booted Gateway Menu 3.2 using OoT Exploit on n3DS XL 9.0
2. Installed NVRAM
3. Hex Edited the Physical Drive of my SD Card using Hex Workshop (Changed the first line GATEWAYNAND to FATEWAYNAND) to block emunand from opening (Worked fine, could tell by my cia's being missing and my theme was the same as my sysnand)
4. Ran DevMenu.3ds and installed the mset_eur.cia, Installed Successfully
5. Rebooted my n3DS and went into Nintendo DS Profile
6. Nothing proceeded to happen, opened as it would normally

this is a AUS N3DS XL, not sure if it makes any difference as the firmware is still 9.0.0-20E

seems like its "unfinished"

Make sure you go to settings and check if it doesn't say GW infront of the version number, because it could just create another emuNAND partition for you :P

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To people having install issues with devMenu make sure you have this version of the .3DS:
zZJMr5Il.jpg

Version: 0.15.8(r37904)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
BigBlueMenu doesn't seem to install it, however DevMenu.3ds worked for me, although i still can't get the exploit to boot the Gateway Menu

Here's what i've attempted:
1. Booted Gateway Menu 3.2 using OoT Exploit on n3DS XL 9.0
2. Installed NVRAM
3. Hex Edited the Physical Drive of my SD Card using Hex Workshop (Changed the first line GATEWAYNAND to FATEWAYNAND) to block emunand from opening (Worked fine, could tell by my cia's being missing and my theme was the same as my sysnand)
4. Ran DevMenu.3ds and installed the mset_eur.cia, Installed Successfully
5. Rebooted my n3DS and went into Nintendo DS Profile
6. Nothing proceeded to happen, opened as it would normally

this is a AUS N3DS XL, not sure if it makes any difference as the firmware is still 9.0.0-20E

seems like its "unfinished"
works fine for me on my AUS n3DS XL on 9.0.0-20E

Valfore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you to go to settings and check if it doesn't say GW infront of the version number, because it could just create another emuNAND partition for you :P

definitely didn''t have GW infront of it

HOWEVER, i got it to work

So i ended up starting the process fresh again after blocking emunand from booting
NVRAM install
Mset_eur.cia on gateway mode(no emunand)
Full power down of 3DS
DS Profile
AND BOOM! working fine :D

Reactions: Ra1d

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It seems the way they have everything written this is making you update the emunand and not the sysnand. At least following the directions that is what I did since my nands are unlinked, yet my emunand was modified instead of the sysnand
it will always boot to emunand if you leave emunand set up regardless of if its linked or not, just use a different SD card

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still not working for me... i went through the steps time and time again.. doing it over and over...

DS profile doesnt take me to GW

veekay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will always boot to emunand if you leave emunand set up regardless of if its linked or not, just use a different SD card

Ended up doing that. I think the instructions are pretty poor.

Anyone know what file needs to be installing to get the system settings back to 9.5?

JustPingo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh my god, that is great! No more 2 cards to carry!

But I'm wondering... Can I use the System Settings downgrade to have 9.x saves and MSET hax together on an O3DS? It's not written anywhere but it should work, no? Has anyone tried?

Valfore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
People stop worrying about losing the ability to calibrate 3D. You can just calibrate it while in emunand since emunand won't have the downgraded System Settings (assuming you downgrade it properly). Calibration settings can be independent on emunand. You only lose the ability to calibrate it while on sysnand.

dang, is this confirmed?, anyone else still got Super Stable 3D calibration in emunand?, seems like NVRAM installed onto my emunand due to the fact my SD card had emunand on it at the time, if this is the case, i could potentially download and install a n3DS System Settings cia for 9.5.0(for my emunand) correct?

veekay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dang, is this confirmed?, anyone else still got Super Stable 3D calibration in emunand?, seems like NVRAM installed onto my emunand due to the fact my SD card had emunand on it at the time, if this is the case, i could potentially download and install a n3DS System Settings cia for 9.5.0(for my emunand) correct?

Same thing happened to me. Just need to reinstall whichever 9.5 file is for the system settings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: