Hacking GATEWAY 3.2.1 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

normal19

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I installed bluecardfix.cia via DevMenu_2x, but when I try to insert the blue card in the Home menu it just causes the whole system to freeze. The music still plays but the screen is frozen and I have to hold the power button to turn it off. The blue card itself still works in a o3ds I still have. What can I do to fix this?

Darklinkreturns

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use my N3DSXL so I'm a bit behind on anything for the O3DS regarding the gateway, but I just bought one for my little brother (who is on 9.2 sysnand). What are the current options for booting into emunand on O3DS?

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
I use my N3DSXL so I'm a bit behind on anything for the O3DS regarding the gateway, but I just bought one for my little brother (who is on 9.2 sysnand). What are the current options for booting into emunand on O3DS?
O3DS on 9.2? You're in luck. You can use web browser exploit to boot into GW mode and downgrade sysNAND back to 4.x (optional, but allows for offline method (MSET)). After that create the emuNAND and can update it to the latest 9.7 emuNAND which at the time of the post is working on O3DS but not on N3DS.

Darklinkreturns

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O3DS on 9.2? You're in luck. You can use web browser exploit to boot into GW mode and downgrade sysNAND back to 4.x (optional, but allows for offline method (MSET)). After that create the emuNAND and can update it to the latest 9.7 emuNAND which at the time of the post is working on O3DS but not on N3DS.

What are the drawbacks of downgrading sysnand to 4.x?

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
What are the drawbacks of downgrading sysnand to 4.x?
There are none as far as I know. But it makes it easy to boot into emuNAND. You'll be using emuNAND on latest version anyway. Before downgrading you can save a backup of NAND.bin so even if you wanna go back to 9.2 you can simply write sysNAND back using GW menu.
Although a full caution should be taken care of when writing anything to sysNAND, that including downgrading. Make sure you backup sysNAND bin file on several places as soon as you boot GW the first time.

Darklinkreturns

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are none as far as I know. But it makes it easy to boot into emuNAND. You'll be using emuNAND on latest version anyway. Before downgrading you can save a backup of NAND.bin so even if you wanna go back to 9.2 you can simply write sysNAND back using GW menu.
Although a full caution should be taken care of when writing anything to sysNAND, that including downgrading. Make sure you backup sysNAND bin file on several places as soon as you boot GW the first time.

I thought I read something about saves no longer being compatible if you downgrade to 4.5, but I could be mistaken

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
on 4.x sysnand, you can no longer load the saves from retail carts if they have been been played on a system with 6.x sysnand and after. If you only have o3ds, you need to reserve a system with at least 6.x sysnand to continue playing with those carts as before, either on sysnand or in classic mode. n3ds is able to backup/restore the 6.x retail saves with NTR 2.0, and the save backups can be used with the dumped cart image, BUT it cannot restore the saves to the cart in a format that could be loaded by a 4.x sysnand (since n3ds is post 6.x sysnand by definition)

pbsk8

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had to format my emunand because I was only booting into sysnand automatically all the time with ds profile on my new 3ds LL.

How can I do again the rom trick to update my emunand?

I used before majora mask jap to do it, but i dont remember now what buttons to press.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had to format my emunand because I was only booting into sysnand automatically all the time with ds profile on my new 3ds LL.

How can I do again the rom trick to update my emunand?

I used before majora mask jap to do it, but i dont remember now what buttons to press.
Hold up on the D-pad while you select "boot emunand".

Reactions: Margen67

shadyblack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got OoT and playing now Xenoblade Chronicles :lol: . Just noticed that it takes a while when loading your rom. And microSD mgmt in system settings is gone when you can transfer files wirelessly. I just restore my sysnand via GW menu or use 3DSNUS1.9 to download your MSET cia to get it back. If someone can make a homebrew for passing files wirelessly so that we can longer unscrew our NN3DS (like PSP's Adhoc file Transfer). Anyways cheers :lol:

Drona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I messed up the first time I didn't install Cia in sysnand.
So I restored my system settings by installing EUR TitleID for MSET (I used 3DNUS).
Everything was fine ,Super Stable 3d,data management blah blah were back again.
I installed NVRAM again with Zelda.
I booted into Gateway SysNand mode by holding B,X etc
I started Devmenu imported mset cia.
I can launch exploit via DS profile, no problems,but I still don't have "good" system settings (stable 3d etc) in emunand.
I did something wrong ?
Maybe it's because I didn't unlink emunand-sysnand ?

xneuromancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got OoT and playing now Xenoblade Chronicles :lol: . Just noticed that it takes a while when loading your rom. And microSD mgmt in system settings is gone when you can transfer files wirelessly. I just restore my sysnand via GW menu or use 3DSNUS1.9 to download your MSET cia to get it back. If someone can make a homebrew for passing files wirelessly so that we can longer unscrew our NN3DS (like PSP's Adhoc file Transfer). Anyways cheers :lol:

This has been done, search around for "mSDManagement_All_Regions.rar"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @pball79, here im mostly active in the chat btw