Hacking GATEWAY 3.2.1 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

Drona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I messed up the first time I didn't install Cia in sysnand.
So I restored my system settings by installing EUR TitleID for MSET (I used 3DNUS).
Everything was fine ,Super Stable 3d,data management blah blah were back again.
I installed NVRAM again with Zelda.
I booted into Gateway SysNand mode by holding B,X etc
I started Devmenu imported mset cia.
I can launch exploit via DS profile, no problems,but I still don't have "good" system settings (stable 3d etc) in emunand.
I did something wrong ?
Maybe it's because I didn't unlink emunand-sysnand ?

Okay I understand now.I have to set up Emunand BEFORE downgrading System Settings on Sysnand if I want to keep N3DS specific settings in EMUNAND.

lol I'm having a conversation with myself

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I understand now.I have to set up Emunand BEFORE downgrading System Settings on Sysnand if I want to keep N3DS specific settings in EMUNAND.

lol I'm having a conversation with myself
When you do the "Setup EmuNand" step, it takes a snapshot of your current sysNand, so yes. Alternatively, you can install the newer MSET into emuNand afterwards to restore the settings there, rather than restoring sysNand, setting up emuNand, and downgrading sysNand again.

Reactions: Drona

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can, but that would mean you own both a Sky3DS and a Gateway, which is sort of odd. I'm surprised at how many people seem to have both.

Reactions: Margen67

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah!
I'm sorry I didn't explain myself clearly.
I own a New 3DS Majora's Mask USA edition and a Gateway, so I'm set up.

I have this friend who went to spain and bought a Majora's Mask there (9.0) but could not find a a single copy of CN or OoT to buy. I also have this other friend who has a Sky3DS and I thought on using the third friend's Sky3DS to help the second friend and install the NVRAM for him.

Almost like a good Samaritan thing, right LOL

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must use the Sky3DS with Cubic Ninja to install the mset and blue card fix CIAs, not the NVRAM. Once you have done that, you can then use the blue card to install the NVRAM, so you can give the Sky3DS back.

You *can* also use the Sky3DS to install the NVRAM, but you don't have to. The whole point of the mset and blue card fix is that you have a second method to install NVRAM that doesn't require a rare game or Internet access.

Installing the mset and blue card fix is once only, which is why you can give the Sky3DS back. Installing the NVRAM is every time you play a DS game (although some people have gotten lucky and found they don't always need to).

Gateway made it complicated by not making it clear that
-- The gateway menu option for NVRAM and the blue card are two ways to do the same thing, and
-- mset and blue card fix need to be installed to SysNAND.

sangweb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you boot into sysnand with gateway? need to insert another micro sd card for the 3ds? I can't seem to boot to sysnand, only able to get into emunand.

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you boot into sysnand with gateway? need to insert another micro sd card for the 3ds? I can't seem to boot to sysnand, only able to get into emunand.
Using Gateway 3.2.1 launcher.dat, when launching exploit hold left shoulder button, on launch select gateway mode press and hold b, then press a, when it asks press x and you have loaded into gateway sysnand.

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-