GATEWAY 3.2.1 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by valyr, Apr 30, 2015.

1. blindseer

blindseer Past Generation Gamer

Jan 17, 2015
    United States
    Earth
    Seeing as the whitelist is from an early 3ds firmware, yes its compatible.

Margen67 and Blueie like this.
  2. Blueie

Blueie GBAtemp Regular

Apr 30, 2013
    Argentina
    Thank you :)

Margen67 likes this.
  3. Drona

Drona Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2014
    France
    Okay I understand now.I have to set up Emunand BEFORE downgrading System Settings on Sysnand if I want to keep N3DS specific settings in EMUNAND.

lol I'm having a conversation with myself

4. Typhin

Typhin GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    When you do the "Setup EmuNand" step, it takes a snapshot of your current sysNand, so yes. Alternatively, you can install the newer MSET into emuNand afterwards to restore the settings there, rather than restoring sysNand, setting up emuNand, and downgrading sysNand again.

Drona likes this.
  5. mvmiranda

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo
    Can I install the NVRAM exploit using a Sky3DS and a Cubic Ninja ROM?
    I mean, since the Sky3DS acts as an original cart, I can install the explit, right?

If so, I add the ROM and proceed as if I was using an original cart, right?

Thx!

Margen67 likes this.
  6. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    Yes, you can, but that would mean you own both a Sky3DS and a Gateway, which is sort of odd. I'm surprised at how many people seem to have both.

Margen67 likes this.
  7. mvmiranda

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo
    Yeah!
    I'm sorry I didn't explain myself clearly.
    I own a New 3DS Majora's Mask USA edition and a Gateway, so I'm set up.

I have this friend who went to spain and bought a Majora's Mask there (9.0) but could not find a a single copy of CN or OoT to buy. I also have this other friend who has a Sky3DS and I thought on using the third friend's Sky3DS to help the second friend and install the NVRAM for him.

Almost like a good Samaritan thing, right LOL

8. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    You must use the Sky3DS with Cubic Ninja to install the mset and blue card fix CIAs, not the NVRAM. Once you have done that, you can then use the blue card to install the NVRAM, so you can give the Sky3DS back.

You *can* also use the Sky3DS to install the NVRAM, but you don't have to. The whole point of the mset and blue card fix is that you have a second method to install NVRAM that doesn't require a rare game or Internet access.

Installing the mset and blue card fix is once only, which is why you can give the Sky3DS back. Installing the NVRAM is every time you play a DS game (although some people have gotten lucky and found they don't always need to).

Gateway made it complicated by not making it clear that
    -- The gateway menu option for NVRAM and the blue card are two ways to do the same thing, and
    -- mset and blue card fix need to be installed to SysNAND.

Margen67 and mvmiranda like this.
  9. sangweb

sangweb Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2008
    United States
    how do you boot into sysnand with gateway? need to insert another micro sd card for the 3ds? I can't seem to boot to sysnand, only able to get into emunand.

10. blindseer

blindseer Past Generation Gamer

Jan 17, 2015
    United States
    Earth
    Using Gateway 3.2.1 launcher.dat, when launching exploit hold left shoulder button, on launch select gateway mode press and hold b, then press a, when it asks press x and you have loaded into gateway sysnand.

Margen67 likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted