Hacking Gateway 3.1 Ultra Public Beta Has Arrived (EUR, USA, JPN)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 263,289
  • Replies 1,957
  • Likes 4

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I remember Cearp saying no. I supose there is if you obtained a malicious one say from a torrent. Hopefully you know the first thing you do after launching the exploit for the first time is make a Sysnand backup and store it in multiple locations.

You know where to go for such things, correct?

i said no? maybe :D
it depends on what CIA it is. in devmenu, if you select the CIA you want to install (don't run it) - it will tell you what type it is.
like, update patch, game, system... right?
if it is anything apart from system, basically it won't harm your device.
so, if there is a broken/bad CIA update for a game, it won't really do much, it installs to sd.
but system things, they install to NAND, so i could make a simple CIA that effectively bricks your 3ds. but you would know it would install to NAND, because it would say 'system', so you know it 'could' do damage.

nevertheless, if i uploaded a cia that would ruin your nand, if you have emunand it is not really a problem, you can just recreate it again or restore an emunand backup.
or a nandmod, you could restore sysnand if you installed to sysnand.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow then there sure are a shit ton of fake Gateways floating around from official resellers!

Can you post that email, would love to see it.

You misunderstood but as I wasn't enough precise with my previous message, it's also my fault :)

They didn't talked about the Gateway card being a fake, but the Micro-SD card. Some (Micro) SD Cards are sold as 64 GB for example, but in fact, you have a lot less free space than 64 GB, sometimes 8 GB or less.

But after my answer to them, which is here :

No, it's not a counterfeit one (scandisk extreme class 10, lifetime warranty, and it pass all the tests) and it seems lots of people have the problem. Just check Maxconsole or Gbatemp, the problem is reported by a lot of users.

This card never got any problem with emunand on the old 3DS with a Micro-USB adaptator, it always showed GW3D. It only happen on the N3DS.

It's not a big problem as emunand is working fine, it's just that the GW3D is missing, like in the teaser video, which made some peoples think the bug was already present during the video and didn't get fixed.
They replied with :

"We are looking into this issue right now."

Pretty weird, so. First, it was our (Micro) SD Cards and now, it might really be a random bug xD. I can understand lots of people ask them things without checking first if they can fix the problem themselves but it's not because lots of people do it that I'm also one of them... I made sure my Micro-SD Card was okay and also waited to see if other peoples had the same problem before reporting it to them -.-

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
You misunderstood but as I wasn't enough precise with my previous message, it's also my fault :)

They didn't talked about the Gateway card being a fake, but the Micro-SD card. Some (Micro) SD Cards are sold as 64 GB for example, but in fact, you have a lot less free space than 64 GB, sometimes 8 GB or less.

But after my answer to them, which is here :

They replied with :

Pretty weird, so. First, it was our (Micro) SD Cards and now, it might really be a random bug xD. I can understand lots of people ask them things without checking first if they can fix the problem themselves but it's not because lots of people do it that I'm also one of them... I made sure my Micro-SD Card was okay and also waited to see if other peoples had the same problem before reporting it to them -.-
to be fair they probably get a crap load of people who just buy fake cards complaining their "definitely legit" 256GB microSD doesn't work that they bought from ebay for $8....probably just default answer for micro SD problems is "fake card" as they hear it too often :P

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wouldn't buy a 256 GB for 8 dollars, personally xD

MSD_hc_sandisk_extreme_32gb.gif

Approximatively 33 dollars (in fact, 33 Euros, but whatever, conversion rate is not important in this example) so it make roughly 1 Euro (or Dollar, whatever) per GB.

Sent them the image xD

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fucking sold my OOT a week ago, thinking I'd never need it again, and now this happens. Why couldnt they have released the CN exploit first? I'm fucking bitter as hell. Fuck you Gatewait.

Why are you here, its not like they care. Isn't that waht the rest of you noobs are cursing and crying about? Then when there is a release you go create new usernames just to not look stupid.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's why I never sell any retail games. I have approximatively 30 games and never sold a single one.

Of course, it could make me get some more money, but if I need a game for any reason and that I sold it, I would lost a lot of money to buy it again :/

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I wouldn't buy a 256 GB for 8 dollars, personally xD

MSD_hc_sandisk_extreme_32gb.gif

Approximatively 33 dollars (in fact, 33 Euros, but whatever, conversion rate is not important in this example) so it make roughly 1 Euro (or Dollar, whatever) per GB.

Sent them the image xD
oh i wasn't saying your's was fake, im just saying they probably get the same "my microSD is not working" emails every day, so they probably just dismissed the report as "one of them" at first....now they have acknowledged the issue they will probably look into it :)

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I updated my N3DS to emunand 9.5 and my sysnand is 9.0
I then migrated my emunand from a 4gb card to my 64gb card.

Now where I'm stuck is how to install cia's on my 64gb microsd card with an N3DS XL?
Since I'm on 9.0, how do I install?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
So I updated my N3DS to emunand 9.5 and my sysnand is 9.0
I then migrated my emunand from a 4gb card to my 64gb card.

Now where I'm stuck is how to install cia's on my 64gb microsd card with an N3DS XL?
Since I'm on 9.0, how do I install?

The dev menu as a .3ds and then install it as a cia

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
oh i wasn't saying your's was fake, im just saying they probably get the same "my microSD is not working" emails every day, so they probably just dismissed the report as "one of them" at first....now they have acknowledged the issue they will probably look into it :)

Yeah, I know, was just showing the card in case someone else have the same and don't have the error, to check :)

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The dev menu as a .3ds and then install it as a cia

Thanks. I just put it on the wrong SD. When both the Machine and GW use Micro SD now everything is more confusing when following tutorials. Haha.

What do I actually put on my GW card? Ever? Seems like everything goes on the system SD card?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I just put it on the wrong SD. When both the Machine and GW use Micro SD now everything is more confusing when following tutorials. Haha.

What do I actually put on my GW card? Ever? Seems like everything goes on the system SD card?

The red card stores your .3ds / .3dz roms for the multi rom menu

Booga

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm new to this Gateway thing. I have an AU N3DS and an MH4U US version. Does Gateway 3.1 allow me to play the US cartridge?

I've heard of some save file compatibility issues previously. Is there anything I need to take note of?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to this Gateway thing. I have an AU N3DS and an MH4U US version. Does Gateway 3.1 allow me to play the US cartridge?

I've heard of some save file compatibility issues previously. Is there anything I need to take note of?
The save file issues are to complex to respond directly to. I refer you to the save data mega guide at the top of this sub. It really gets into detail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E