1. Kugz

Kugz Member

SKY will be used for all my offline games on SYSNAND and to emulate OOT for the exploit. Gateway will be for online games and DLC :D

Miles54321, memomo and 72 others like this.
  2. rsc-pl

rsc-pl GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Is it only me, or Gateway 3.1 screwed activity log on N3ds?

:(
    I played many games.... but it shows only settings (all day?!)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Lucifer666 and 72 others like this.
  3. NeoShadow7366

NeoShadow7366 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    just like you i was downloading some things and when i opened it it took a moment for the screen to come back up then after that i booted a game up and the 3d was being very odd and wouldn't stabilize but a reboot fixed it.

4. memomo

memomo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Can someone confirm if I could use one GW for both old and new 3DS
    I mean are they share the same FPGA update or each console requires
    its specific FPGA update

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

the are the same

memomo likes this.
  6. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

United States
    At the moment I have 1 o3DS and 3 N3DS and 1 gateway. Working on all of them. :). (More on order)

If you install your games as cia on one system then you only need the GW inserted to run the exploit so you could have both systems running games at the same time. Realize all the GW is now is a DRM dongle and adapter for mSD, GW isn't going to make any money selling pirating software to pirates. :)

I haven't seen it discussed much here but I can confirm the 3.1 launcher works on the O3DS but you still have to run the browser exploit, OOT doesn't work for me on the O3DS and probably isn't meant to.

memomo likes this.
  7. Miles54321

Miles54321 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Noob question, can anything ever go wrong from installing .CIA files?? Like can it brick the nand potentially like .wad files can for Wii if done incorrectly?

8. DragonSky

DragonSky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    I had the same problem but on sysnand it was back all normal when I began playing with a gamecard.

9. 2Hack

2Hack HYPiavelli

Canada
    Yep, but in emuNAND, worst case scenario is that you format your SD card.

Just don't install cia's from sketchy sources.

guitarheroknight likes this.
  10. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Norway
    Why not buy a retail game and rip the header since you can?

MrJason005 likes this.
  11. thorasgar

United States
    I remember Cearp saying no. I supose there is if you obtained a malicious one say from a torrent. Hopefully you know the first thing you do after launching the exploit for the first time is make a Sysnand backup and store it in multiple locations.

You know where to go for such things, correct?

12. pedrobarca

pedrobarca Banned
    Banned

Well that's better than nothing. For me activity log hangs at loading screen on emuNAND new 3DS. Yes, Gateway definitely screwed up activity log.

13. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

well installing cia files to sysnand can be dangerous, basically only install stuff to sysnand that you got from a reliable source, it would be fairly simple to make a cia file that overwrites important firmware files effectively bricking sysnand

its easier to warn everyone not to do something than explain how or why it could go wrong if they blindly install anything they find into sysnand, all it takes is for one idiot to upload something with a nice name like say "OOT clean and legit rom (which doesnt exist), and instruct people to install it to sysnand on their nice new 3DS and it basically overwrites a key part of the FW.....so again, dont blindly trust random cia files to be installed to sysnand, if anything unbelieveable come up like "super duper CFW hax with all da roms.cia" do not run it until its confirmed legit/safe by someone with a hardware mod who can recover from a brick

iViperz, 2Hack, memomo and 2 others like this.
  14. Wekker

Wekker GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I have original 3ds xl, and the activity log of sysNand is showing a infinite loop while the emuNand activity log is normal. This started around Gateway 2.0

15. Lunatics

Lunatics GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Trying to figure out what to do. I have a pal N3ds xl, and o3ds my girlfriend has an o3dsxl. I've been wanting to get her a flashcart so she can play whatever she wants (preferably gateway) but I waited until something happened with the n3ds. I'm wondering if I should buy a SKY for myself to primarily use on my n3ds for my games offline as someone mentioned in this thread, then use that to emulate OoT and use my gateway when I want to play something online, then my girlfriend could use the GW card for anything she wants. My only concern is the 2 of us not being able to play games online together at the same time without 2 gateways. Do you guys think there's any chance of GW not needing another game on the n3ds ever or is this really my best/most cost effective way without buying another gateway and a pal version of OoT?

16. escherbach

escherbach GBAtemp Regular

3.1 was released 4 months after the the initial video claiming new 3ds support.

make of that what you will, the next exploit discovery is not a predictable thing

17. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

United States
    You can install .cia games on emunand and play them with just a single gateway cart

18. davhuit

davhuit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    So, through e-mail, Gateway said people who doesn't have the GW3D probably have fake cards, even when you confirm it passed all the tests they gave, and also that the same card on an old 3DS with a Micro-SD adaptator give the GW3D xD

I remembered them that on their teaser video, they had emunand and no GW3D, so it seems they made a video with a fake card !

And I don't really see the link between a fake card and the GW3D missing, as emunand is working perfectly fine even without the GW3D, seems they are a bit touchy with bugs when you report them xD

cearp and satel like this.
  19. Liberty
    This message by Liberty has been removed from public view by Vulpes Abnocto, Mar 16, 2015, Reason: Calm your tits.
    Mar 15, 2015
  20. Stiven Castillo

Newcomer

United States
    I'm guessing it's impossible to know when the hack will be compatible with Cubic Ninja? By the end of the month or even in April?

21. thorasgar

United States
    Wow then there sure are a shit ton of fake Gateways floating around from official resellers!

Can you post that email, would love to see it.

cearp likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Gateway, Arrived, Public