Gateway 3.0 problem with games.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by beanman25, Jan 11, 2015.

1. beanman25
    OP

beanman25 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2008
    United States
    So I'm on 9.2 and haven't done anything in terms of downgrading. Omega Ruby works fine, but are saves attached to .3ds files? I formatted to exfat and every other game isn't working. I've tried fantasy life (hangs at Nintendo 3ds loading screen), anpanman, and theatrhythm which all say game card was removed.

Am I doing something wrong?

2. Gamemaster1379

Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 5, 2008
    United States
    United States
    Gateway puts .savs to the root of your big SDcard whenever you play ROMs in gateway mode. The only exception to this is certain card2 games where the save is stored inside the ROM (Pokemon games are all card2).

Perhaps your SD card is fake?

3. beanman25
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2008
    United States
    That makes total sense. Perhaps I should try more games. I got the card from amazon. Its a Kingston 8gb if that matters. But it had the amazon frustration free packaging so I can only assume it's official.

4. beanman25
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2008
    United States
    I've tried 4 cards and the only game that always works is omega ruby. Anpanman and fantasy life loaded up one time, but give no card error every other time.

5. nyder

nyder GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2014
    United States
    How are you formatting these cards? Windows format? Panasonic SD formatter? You doing 4k sectors? 8k sectors? 32k sectors?

I have a 16gb fat32 card formatted with I think 4k sectors, running fine. Hopefully by the end of next week I will get my 64GB card and will then do some tests on it with different sectors & stuff.