Hacking Gateway 3.0 problem with games.

beanman25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm on 9.2 and haven't done anything in terms of downgrading. Omega Ruby works fine, but are saves attached to .3ds files? I formatted to exfat and every other game isn't working. I've tried fantasy life (hangs at Nintendo 3ds loading screen), anpanman, and theatrhythm which all say game card was removed.

Am I doing something wrong?

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Gateway puts .savs to the root of your big SDcard whenever you play ROMs in gateway mode. The only exception to this is certain card2 games where the save is stored inside the ROM (Pokemon games are all card2).

Perhaps your SD card is fake?

beanman25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That makes total sense. Perhaps I should try more games. I got the card from amazon. Its a Kingston 8gb if that matters. But it had the amazon frustration free packaging so I can only assume it's official.

beanman25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried 4 cards and the only game that always works is omega ruby. Anpanman and fantasy life loaded up one time, but give no card error every other time.

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you formatting these cards? Windows format? Panasonic SD formatter? You doing 4k sectors? 8k sectors? 32k sectors?

I have a 16gb fat32 card formatted with I think 4k sectors, running fine. Hopefully by the end of next week I will get my 64GB card and will then do some tests on it with different sectors & stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?