Hacking Gamucube Backup Loading Error 1235

Salax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the CompleteSoftmodGuide to getting Gamecube backups running. However, whenever I try to load one of my burned DVDs, I get an error. In rungcbackup it tells me that there is no DVD inserted, and in NeoGamma it says "DVD err(1235), inquiry". Does anyone know what's going on?

Sorry I keep making all these help threads. I'm not as stupid as I seem, really!
rolleyes.gif

Salax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
Do Wii games work ? If not you have a D3-2 Drive. Try installing cMIOS. You need good quality DVDs.
I don't know, I haven't burned any. I use the original disks/USB loader for Wii games. I did also try cMIOS, and that got me the same error. It could possibly be the DVDs, I'm using some HP ones I found.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"DVD err(1235), inquiry" ???

That's bad. Which cIOS do you use? That's a command that should be independent from the inserted disc. Also how old is your Wii?

Salax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waninkoko's cIOS 249... r15 I think. I got my Wii Christmas 2007 or 2008, I don't remember.

Salax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
cIOS rev15??? And you try to use that with NeoGamma? Sorry, can't help you
It's still not working on rev19, so don't give me that.

Of course, r19 could be another one of these horrible, never to be used cIOS that are apparently obvious but that I've never heard of.

D

Deleted User

I think you may need cMIOS as well if you keep trying And no matter what you do dles not seem to help it means you may have the new drive. So go get cMIOS and set gamma to run off of that.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry, but cIOSrev15 is really out of question.

I still say it looks like a more serious problem than no cMIOS installed. Do retail games work in NeoGamma? Wii game backups? Is the disc a DVD+R?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe you want to try NeoGamma R9 beta 5. This one doesn't do the inquiry, but still tells where the read error happens.

Salax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Maybe you want to try NeoGamma R9 beta 5. This one doesn't do the inquiry, but still tells where the read error happens.
QUOTEDVD Err(1162), Disk ID
I'm using a multi game disk, if that's significant to this error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)