Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Destian said:
My settings are correct. Official channels all look fine.

There is no way that 590x332 banner images can look right in 16x9 unless they are "smushed" beforehand, which none of the images in this thread are. Are you sure you're not just overlooking the stretched images? Take a ruler and measure a disc on your television both horizontally and vertically. If you're actually in widescreen you should have different measurements.

EDIT: I've actually made a WAD but I'm afraid to test it. If anyone is confident in their ability to recover from banner bricks and wants to give it a shot let me know.
tongue.gif

How in gods me did you work that out ?

590 divided by 36.875 = 16
332 divided by 36.875 = 9.003

Therefore the proportions of 590:332 are the same as 16:9 ..... how can they looks smushed if the propertion doesnt change ?

quim69 said:
QUOTE(Destian @ Nov 19 2008, 11:20 PM)
There is no way that 590x332 banner images can look right in 16x9 unless they are "smushed" beforehand,
590/332=1.78 (1.78:1 = 16x9 widescreen).

I have just seen a 2nd channel that had the wrong AR whilst testing though, so there are at least a few bad ones. =)

Yeah, I understand why you would think so, but you're both forgetting the fact that there is a panel added at the bottom of the screen with the Wii Menu and Start buttons. Add this and you're no longer at 16x9.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Naah - they are all based on pretty much the same system , but with different images attached - some have slightly different tweeks added in like Force Pal and Force NTSC and some autoboot - but all of that is described in the 3rd post and i try to keep it up to date with new things added.
Basically its just different looks in the end, but they all use the loader in pretty much the same way.

Golfje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

a little question, how can i remove a installed backup channel ???

Can i use the wadinstaller or a other programm

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golfje said:
Hey guys,

a little question, how can i remove a installed backup channel ???

Can i use the wadinstaller or a other programm

Yeah, just load the Wad Manager, select the wad you used to install it and press - instead of +.

I have a question as well. Can anyone tell me if there is a max number of colors that can be used in a banner? Max image size? The banners in the wads seem to have less colors than the banners that are actually posted here.

magic12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Destian said:
34nlgzr.png

This banner should look correct on a 16x9 display if anyone wants to put it into a channel and test it. I know it's very bland, but I just want to see if it works before I spent any more time on it. I'm tired of channels getting stretched out on my television.

Make sure you can recover from a banner brick if you want to test it. The size should be correct, but I'm not sure what else can cause a banner brick. Any help with this would be great so people with 16x9 TVs have something to use. Thanks.

Should like like this on the actual 16x9 television:
242vgud.png

yes you are right its just like original disc channel

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destian said:
I have a question as well. Can anyone tell me if there is a max number of colors that can be used in a banner? Max image size? The banners in the wads seem to have less colors than the banners that are actually posted here.

To answer my own question, when using the TPL Converter in given in the banner changing thread, the number of colors is greatly reduced. Is there a predefined color chart? It kills gradients.

EDIT: ...and to answer my own question again, RGB565 kinda sucks.

EDIT AGAIN: Though the original Nintendo Disc Channel doesn't seem to have much trouble with the gray gradient at the bottom. Hrmm.

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bin01 said:
@Destian
Why dont u insert a gif image to make it look like the actual disc channel? i mean a spinning disc
I'd love to, but as of now Team Twiizers are the only ones who know how to animate. We can't even change the banner dimensions at this point (someone made a tool that allows that, but hasn't released it).

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shadowmoses said:
the homebrew channel is not a animated gif , it's some code to produce 3d effects: like the bubles and everything on screen, like the channel title font.

This way no matter if you have a 16/9 or 4/3 tv, it's perfect on screen.

http://hackmii.com/2008/05/the-elusive-banner/
Nod, I didn't actually mean that it was a gif, just that no one else has figured out animation yet (or at least no one has done so publicly).

Just to update, "smushing" the graphics does work fine and is pretty simple. I guess that will have to do until (if) the banner tool is released or until someone else figures how to insert different image sizes (I cannot imagine this is incredibly difficult for people who know how to code.).

Robotic Earthlin

Trophies
XP
Country
Noob question: If I already have the beta, will I need to install a new cIOS for Gamma? Or can I just download one of these and install it without doing anything else?

Robotic Earthlin

Trophies
XP
Country
zerof said:
You need the new cIOS.
Can I have a link to a .wad version of the new cIOS installer? For some reason, .dol cIOS installers do not work on my Wii. They either freeze or don't detect any button input.

There seems to have been a working download here, but the link is dead now.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found a working one here.

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBackup v0.1

Using Wiigator 0.3 Gamma.

This is designed for Widescreen televisions and will not look right on 4:3.

I've tested it and everything was fine, but I don't recommend installing this or any WAD if you're unable to recover from a banner brick.

242vgud.png

*This isn't exact, but it will do for now. On the actual channel the Wii disc is clearer and the gradients are removed and replaced with solid colors (the tpl file format we're using does not allow for true gradients). I'll update the preview image and add the other preview images later on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1