Homebrew Emulation GameYob, a gameboy emulator for DS

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the saves folder is hardcoded I would suggest find a way to save the save states and save files to the directory where the rom image is stored this should help with save files

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the saves folder is hardcoded I would suggest find a way to save the save states and save files to the directory where the rom image is stored this should help with save files

Saves are supposed to be stored with the rom. It's just that I've seen a handful of bugs where they're stored in the wrong directory. One occurs after selecting a border (actually this only affects save states). The other may occur when using "arg loading" (I haven't really checked).
Anyway, it's something to look out for with your save issues... No wait, I mixed you up with ShadowOne, disregard

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What arguments are you referring too by the way?

Some launchers, like wood R4, can use arguments to launch gameboy games directly, bypassing GameYob's file chooser.
Edit: wait, you were the one who showed me that. It can be referred to as argument loading.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The copy of NeoDs I have came with it's source code. If I install the DS devkitpro can you give me a hand with the file browser and the fact that rom's need to be stored in the root of the SD card I prefer having a file structure rather then files all over the place. The root of my sdcard is a mess right now due to all the homebrew and the 28 neogeo roms I have

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So here's something for your debugging notes. v0.5.2 does load and save battery saves and savestates properly when loaded with arguments here's what my folder looks like just in case I confused you a bit
/Roms/GBc/
Pokemon crystal.gbc
Pokemon crystal.sav
Pokemon crystal.ys0

TheElf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, first post here

I bought a NDS Lite some days ago, because i found a R4 card in a second place for nothing

I never use a NDS before, thats why im sorry if some of my questions are too newbie !

I have a question, is about if there is a way to use custom borders for each game? in the GB emulator for GBA I remember i made custom GBA roms with GB rom+border... something like this? or better, a option in the INI?

I check the INI but did not see nothing

By the way I found some games not working

Prehistorik Man - Hangs after titus logo

Genjin Collection - When you select a game, reset

Bonks Adventure - have slowdowns compared to original GB

And for last, I want to say thank you, for this great emulator, and I hope get better and better

Thanks

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I bought a NDS Lite some days ago, because i found a R4 card in a second place for nothing

I never use a NDS before, thats why im sorry if some of my questions are too newbie !

I have a question, is about if there is a way to use custom borders for each game? in the GB emulator for GBA I remember i made custom GBA roms with GB rom+border... something like this? or better, a option in the INI?

And for last, I want to say thank you, for this great emulator, and I hope get better and better

Thanks

Welcome :)

Per-game configurations will probably come with the next release, whenever that will be. Then you'll be able to give each game its own border. Currently it's not possible.

The bugs have been noted, I'll investigate eventually.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So here's something for your debugging notes. v0.5.2 does load and save battery saves and savestates properly when loaded with arguments here's what my folder looks like just in case I confused you a bit

Ah, good. I was concerned because the file chooser goes back to the "lameboy" directory, but apparently argument loading is working properly.

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thanks

:nds:
Welcome to gbatemp :)
:nds::nds::nds::nds::nds::nds:

TheElf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

Thank you all for great welcome, for sure I will check this forum often since today, and hope I can help others too

Drenn, thank you, for your fast reply and amazing work

Custom borders will be a great option in a future GameYob, thanks for work on it, and, well, like you say, next release will be whenever that will be :lol:

I will check often for news

One thing, since next week I have a looongg trip, I put all GameBoy and GB color rom collection in my SD card

My idea is to test every game I can in the flight times... if I found errors, games than dont work... is Ok to post?

And by the way, I have something like 900-1000 original GB and GBC games, then when in home, I can check if some problem is in original game or not, if this help in something

Thanks

Reactions: Boriar and PROTOBOY

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Custom borders will be a great option in a future GameYob, thanks for work on it, and, well, like you say, next release will be whenever that will be :lol:

Ah, are we on the same page? GameYob already supports custom borders, I was just saying it can't assign them to individual games.

One thing, since next week I have a looongg trip, I put all GameBoy and GB color rom collection in my SD card

My idea is to test every game I can in the flight times... if I found errors, games than dont work... is Ok to post?

And by the way, I have something like 900-1000 original GB and GBC games, then when in home, I can check if some problem is in original game or not, if this help in something

Thanks

Knock yourself out ;) I like to know which games have problems. Github already has a bunch of compatibility reports though, so you could check there before making duplicate reports.

TheElf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh sorry my mistake, yes, I know about custom border support, I was talking about individual borders for each game

sorry my mistake, my english is not very good

Perfect, I understand, I will try all games I can, and if I found problems, I will check github not to double post same problem again!! hope I can find something that help you

Thanks

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I just tested the version "GameYob v0.5-4-gd6f2" and I saw that Resident Evil Gaiden still have the same bug from earlier builds.

When the text messages appears on the screen, the some words of the texts make a small movement, similar of a jump, following the level of the music.

So please, can you fix this in the next build??

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I just tested the version "GameYob v0.5-4-gd6f2" and I saw that Resident Evil Gaiden still have the same bug from earlier builds.

When the text messages appears on the screen, the some words of the texts make a small movement, similar of a jump, following the level of the music.

So please, can you fix this in the next build??

Maybe. I did investigate a while ago, and it seems to be a low-level timing bug which causes it. I haven't figured out yet exactly what part of my timing is inaccurate.

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe. I did investigate a while ago, and it seems to be a low-level timing bug which causes it. I haven't figured out yet exactly what part of my timing is inaccurate.

I played some games with this build, I only play with full screen(since when I had GBC I had to use screen lens due the small GBC screen), by the way I tested some games with border and all worked great.

The game Tennis.GB (with Mario is the judge) now runs okay, doesn't have anymore the missing sprites bug.

I like GameYob very much.

:nds: Thanks for keeping this amazing work :):nds: .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy