Homebrew Emulation GameYob, a gameboy emulator for DS

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried playing Sagaia on Gameyob and it just white screens when I boot it. Lameboy it was messed up graphics or something. Either way, it doesn't work on this emulator.

Reactions: Drenn

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Drenn, Chishm has a video player that is split into 2 parts one nds file is the File Browser and the other one is the video player he has also made the source code available I can't get the filemanager to work properly I can browse my sd-card no problem but when I select a video file it states "cannot find file fat0:/tuna-vids.avi" I can put a video file in the root of the sd-card and the file browser still doesn't load it but if I load the tuna-vids.nds file instead of the included file browser I can load the video file located at "fat0:/tuna-vids.avi"

what I want to know is if there is a way to fix the file browser or even fix the main executable to contain the file browser.

ipwndeveloper

Trophies
Website
gb4iphone.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Drenn, Chishm has a video player that is split into 2 parts one nds file is the File Browser and the other one is the video player he has also made the source code available I can't get the filemanager to work properly I can browse my sd-card no problem but when I select a video file it states "cannot find file fat0:/tuna-vids.avi" I can put a video file in the root of the sd-card and the file browser still doesn't load it but if I load the tuna-vids.nds file instead of the included file browser I can load the video file located at "fat0:/tuna-vids.avi"

what I want to know is if there is a way to fix the file browser or even fix the main executable to contain the file browser.
Wrong Forum, heads up. I will PM you instructions to get it to working.

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
Why is the game not paused anymore when entering the gameyob menu? And why is menu triggering the original scaling?

user64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why is the game not paused anymore when entering the gameyob menu? And why is menu triggering the original scaling?
He's using both processors on the game screen when you are scaling the image. If you want to also render the menu, you can't scale at the same time.

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I prefer not to interrupt the flow when opening the menu, but that's just my opinion. Also, what user64 said. My scaling methods are a bit unorthodox.

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
I see, thanks for answering. So going to normal screen size is necessary. But triggering the menu with pause is still optional, there is no big reason for it.

I would like to ask to change the game state to pause when opening the game menu. Reason is, I have found myself countless times accidentally activating the menu and then losing a live or a whole game, as then I could not control the game action anymore because the controls are gone, but the game was still running. And there is no other way to assign the menu to keys, you either use L or R or X/Y, because all other buttons are used by default.

I know this is kind of lamenting on a high level on minor details :) But if there is no bigger reason for it, maybe it could be changed back.

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see, thanks for answering. So going to normal screen size is necessary. But triggering the menu with pause is still optional, there is no big reason for it.

I would like to ask to change the game state to pause when opening the game menu. Reason is, I have found myself countless times accidentally activating the menu and then losing a live or a whole game, as then I could not control the game action anymore because the controls are gone, but the game was still running. And there is no other way to assign the menu to keys, you either use L or R or X/Y, because all other buttons are used by default.

I know this is kind of lamenting on a high level on minor details :) But if there is no bigger reason for it, maybe it could be changed back.

Alright, just 'cause it's really quick to do, there's a new key "menu/pause" in the latest build.

Reactions: Tiger21820

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Say if you need to pause quickly so you don't make any mistakes in a game and you would be able to exit by tapping instead of pressing a button then pressing more buttons to be able to exit. The nes, snes,and genesis emulators all take after this function it makes everything very fluid in operating the emulator

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Say if you need to pause quickly so you don't make any mistakes in a game and you would be able to exit by tapping instead of pressing a button then pressing more buttons to be able to exit. The nes, snes,and genesis emulators all take after this function it makes everything very fluid in operating the emulator

I think I see what you mean, but that would require an overhaul of the menu which may or may not happen. Anyway, I think it's more "fluid" for it to be button-based since you don't have to switch between buttons and stylus.

Opinions on that?

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Small update to the border pack, with some new pokemon borders from peacefigher. A few of the names were changed, so you may want to delete the folder before extracting the new archive.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I see what you mean, but that would require an overhaul of the menu which may or may not happen. Anyway, I think it's more "fluid" for it to be button-based since you don't have to switch between buttons and stylus.

Opinions on that?
Yes actually you can make menus with buttons big enough for a thumb take a look at nesDS and SNEmulDS 0.6 the touch screen has buttons big enough for someone's thumb and every button on the main menu of the touch screen is a menu button

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok enough is enough...

It's been four times... FOUR F@CKING TIMES that my Pokemon saves are erased by the Autosave feature (and with different builds). The first time I load the game after a new build, it loads fine, but after that it erases the god damned save file as if there was no data at all.

It's getting on my nerves because I completed both Crystal and Yellow two times, and the other two I was at Saffron Inc when it happened!

PLEASE HAVE MERCY!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4