tev216

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mgs border.png
pokemon puzzle challenge border.png

here are some borders i made, for Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel, and Pokemon Puzzle Challenge.

Reactions: MannCo

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
used the way described in that tutorial... still didn't load.... how do I convert it from .txt to just .cht
Well windows is probably hiding the real extension from you... if you can tell it to not do that you'll be able to simply rename it to remove the .txt at the end. Unfortunately I'm not sure exactly where you can change that setting.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
In Windows 10 it's in the View -> Options -> Change Folder and Search Options, View -> then uncheck 'hide extensions for known file types'.

Bynniock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I made another template that includes 150%, now that it's supported:Template.png
Maybe not my best work ever, but I threw these together for myself so figured I might as well share them.
Huh. What kinda reference did you use? Some of these aren't very well centered: screenshot_1441635834.jpg
The possible scale mode names are "off", "125", "150", "aspect", and "full".
Full? Borders aren't visible when the screen is scaled on "full". A file with that name couldn't actually be used as a border... Also, wouldn't it be more convenient if gameyob scaled the border by itself if it didn't find a pre-scaled one, rather than asking the user whether to display with a method or the other? I don't understand the point of making these two things options.

Last edited by Bynniock,

FEAR_1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, my Pokemon Red sram saves are getting corrupted several times, there is anyway to fix? Yes, I'm waiting the "RED saved the game!" message, but the saves are getting corrupted anyway. The only way I found to retrieve my saves is using PikaSav editor and saving again.

D

Deleted User

Full? Borders aren't visible when the screen is scaled on "full". A file with that name couldn't actually be used as a border... Also, wouldn't it be more convenient if gameyob scaled the border by itself if it didn't find a pre-scaled one, rather than asking the user whether to display with a method or the other? I don't understand the point of making these two things options.
It's just there for completeness. All the scaling options can be specified, but not all are really needed.

Updated to 1.0.6:
  • Fix border scaling option text being too long. (thanks @FayneAldan)
  • Fix screenshots taking a long time.
  • Screenshots now only capture the current game screen.

bunny365

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just there for completeness. All the scaling options can be specified, but not all are really needed.

Updated to 1.0.6:
  • Fix border scaling option text being too long. (thanks @FayneAldan)
  • Fix screenshots taking a long time.
  • Screenshots now only capture the current game screen.
After all that excitement, my computer's probably going to BSoD from trying to discard, fetch, and pull so much on Git. (I'm FayneAldan on GitHub. I made this username when I was younger and I can't change it AFAIK.)

So, my Pokemon Red sram saves are getting corrupted several times, there is anyway to fix? Yes, I'm waiting the "RED saved the game!" message, but the saves are getting corrupted anyway. The only way I found to retrieve my saves is using PikaSav editor and saving again.
Did you happen to encounter a Pokemon named MISSINGNO.?

Last edited by Veho,

rikudawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine that isn't really into the homebrew scene isn't able to use GameYob. I've given her all the steps to set everything up and she's shown my pictures of her computer with what she's got in all the folders on her SD. And everything seems to be set up the exact same way as I have it. But she tells me that when she tries opening GameYob, it just goes to a black screen on top and red screen on the bottom. But she's tried launching other things from the homebrew launcher and says the rest of the things work. Is there any reason she would be having trouble opening GameYob?

bunny365

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine that isn't really into the homebrew scene isn't able to use GameYob. I've given her all the steps to set everything up and she's shown my pictures of her computer with what she's got in all the folders on her SD. And everything seems to be set up the exact same way as I have it. But she tells me that when she tries opening GameYob, it just goes to a black screen on top and red screen on the bottom. But she's tried launching other things from the homebrew launcher and says the rest of the things work. Is there any reason she would be having trouble opening GameYob?
This may happen when HB doesn't have enough RAM left to launch GameYob. Try restarting the 3DS entirely and go to GameYob from there.
EDIT: And by resetting the 3DS, I mean turning it off then not. NOT factory resetting.

FEAR_1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tell her to put this on the SD root: https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/boot.3dsx

Reactions: fmkid

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
I feel dumb, but I can't make pre-scaled borders work. When I change zoom border doesn't change, I tried with button and menu.
GameyobGBC_off.png
GameyobGBC_125.png
GameyobGBC_aspect.png

Does it only work with bmp?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/