Games with OP optional late/postgame bosses

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by leafeon34, Nov 9, 2018.

1. leafeon34
    OP

leafeon34 My profile picture is ugly

Sep 30, 2014
    Greece
    Elysium
    I finished Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst. Madara was a weak piece of shit, didn't have to concentrate (much) to beat him. Kabuto took days to defeat. My strategy to defeating him was to keep a safe distance and hit him with fireballs and Amaterasu. I wouldn't attack him at close range because if he hits me I need to substitute out. These substitutes are best saved because he enters periods of temporary invincibility where he launches some powerful and difficult to avoid attacks. He's caused many players a lot of trouble.

So what games have really tested your skills with optional bosses?

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    Dark souls.
    Lords of the fallen.

AtsuNii likes this.
  3. Laghum

Laghum Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Metroid Other M has a really hard boss after the main game. I probably needed four or five tries for it. Was challenging, but not unbeatable.

In Xenoblade Chronicles (the first one for the Wii/now N3DS) there are several optional superbosses >lvl 100. Although I love that game, I've never been able to beat those :unsure:

4. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAPerm

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    Final Fantasy VII. I remember there was a boss toward the end that was hard af to defeat. Also, I believe that there were other bosses that gave you special materia and/or weapons. One of the best games EVAR!!!

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Final Fantasy VII has some pretty hard optional bosses.
    But FFX takes the cake. There's a ton of optional bosses that I can't beat even with every character's sphere grid maxed out (not filled in all the blank spaces though)

Edit: Also, can't forget about this fucking guy:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Nov 9, 2018
  6. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    Tales of Xillia 2 EX Dungeon is nuts, you need to be well prepared or you won't last more than 2 minutes. on top of that you need to complete certain tasks in order to advance.
    here is a good explanation of how it works.

7. lcie nimbus

lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    Animus: Stand Alone.

it's more or less Dark Souls on mobile, but the optional bosses, like Morgan the Champion, Lyrius the Spared, Dust, The Rifthound and The Gatekeeper are an insane test of skill.

8. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Final Fantasy VIII, Ultima Weapon. A fun boss, but you can make him a pushover if you use Squall's limit break a few times :creep:

What makes him so annoying though, is his light beam attack, so have Revive with you.

Last edited by the_randomizer, Nov 10, 2018
  9. medoli900

medoli900 Open the Benzenes Gates

GBAtemp Patron
    medoli900 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2013
    Lavender Town
    Jevil in Delta Rune. While not as hard as Sans, he's still a league of his own.

The one that I really can't deal with is the giant Cactuar in FF XIII. That thing is freaking OP.

10. Catastrophic

Catastrophic Perfectly Normal

Apr 28, 2012
    Somewhere
    Can't say "hard optional bosses" without mentioning Kingdom Hearts. I spent a good deal trying to beat Sephiroth as a kid or beating all of the data battles in Kingdom Hearts II. :P

I found Jevil not that hard actually. You'll die a couple of times trying to figure out his patterns but you'll be done with him in a jiffy.

As for turn based RPG superbosses, I hate them. Most of them have more to do with grinding than skill.