Gaming Games that can "Save" Vita!!

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you actually think my thread will decrease Vita sales?
People would not watch reviews , would not see games , would not see comparisons and will not buy Vita just because of THIS THREAD?
I'm sorry but I guess I don't need to live on this planet anymore , I'm going to Mars.
No, think about it. Why should people care when everywhere they look someone is talking about of how much the vita is failing? People who say a system is dead are literally creating bad PR.
You aren't responsible alone but you are part of the problem. Sony should advertise their system more but it seems like they don't bother outside of Japan.

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
Very bad short term memory you have boy.
You wrote :
"Now, go on with your life and stop visiting the Vita board if it is such a failure. The amount of time your spend here hating can be spent on appreciating something on another board that you do like."

How could these lines respect my opinion in any way? You're asking me to get out of this board and not to give my opinion , that's what you actually said.
There is actually no way a person would write it after reading the first lines of my thread , you're here to write your opinion on my thread , you can write GO AHEAD , BUT you don't have to bother with my opinion , simply because that's mine.
And as I said 80% of the people are not satisfied , I did not say it without any reason.
Consider the world of portable gamers , now Vita didn't even sell 20% of the 3DS sales ,
that clearly means that 80% of the portable gamers bought 3DS instead of Vita because they weren't satisfied with it and found 3DS a better machine , I hope you got my point.

Once again, we already know what you think and that is okay. No one can force you to like the Vita and I don't intend to force you too. Yes, you are right. I cannot force you off this board and I don't intend to either. I used the wrong wording and for that I apologize. I am just wondering: What do you gain from making people mad in this thread? Because you have pissed off people and they seemed to have pissed you off on several occasions as well.

Are you suggesting that because Vita did not sell 20% of what the 3DS has sold that means many people did not get satisfied with their Vita? There are several factors to this:
1. The 3DS being the successor to the DS, which is the world's second most selling gaming system of all time after the PS2.
2. The fact that the mobile market is massive right now. Many casual gamers are contempt with gaming on their mobile phone.
3. The Vita has a more niche selection of games.
4. The fact that Nintendo has a wide selection of 1st party franchises that sells like butter. Children and adults alike see Mario and want to get in on that stuff.

There are many, many reason why the Vita has failed to sell well. Yes, you are right. It lacks games to pull in a large audience. But it is not the only reason. If you really scrape the surface you are prone to find a large number of surprises and that's part of why I like the Vita, it has opened me to a bunch of series I have never heard of or even thought I would play before.

Haseeb_BSAA

Game Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Once again, we already know what you think and that is okay. No one can force you to like the Vita and I don't intend to force you too. Yes, you are right. I cannot force you off this board and I don't intend to either. I used the wrong wording and for that I apologize. I am just wondering: What do you gain from making people mad in this thread? Because you have pissed off people and they seemed to have pissed you off on several occasions as well.

Are you suggesting that because Vita did not sell 20% of what the 3DS has sold that means many people did not get satisfied with their Vita? There are several factors to this:
1. The 3DS being the successor to the DS, which is the world's second most selling gaming system of all time after the PS2.
2. The fact that the mobile market is massive right now. Many casual gamers are contempt with gaming on their mobile phone.
3. The Vita has a more niche selection of games.
4. The fact that Nintendo has a wide selection of 1st party franchises that sells like butter. Children and adults alike see Mario and want to get in on that stuff.

There are many, many reason why the Vita has failed to sell well. Yes, you are right. It lacks games to pull in a large audience. But it is not the only reason. If you really scrape the surface you are prone to find a large number of surprises and that's part of why I like the Vita, it has opened me to a bunch of series I have never heard of or even thought I would play before.

What? I made people mad at this thread? I swear I only gave the list of 10 things I wanted from Vita and that's all!
I didn't intend to make people mad either , its not my fault if they do so.
I'm sure I'm gonna have to remove this thread if this things keeps on.

Now you gave me reasons to buy a 3DS , here are reasons to buy Vita :

1.Vita is much more powerful than 3DS
2.Vita has better and more features than 3DS
3.Vita is a Sony's console who's Playstations are world widely popular for their stability and dopeness.
4.Vita has a better resolution , larger screen and better display
5.The fact that the mobile market is massive right now. Many casual gamers are contempt with gaming on their mobile phone. (Same applies to 3DS too)

Seriously dude? 5 big advantages over 3DS and still not even 20% of 3DS sales?
I hope you got your answer what is the reason of poor sales.

No, think about it. Why should people care when everywhere they look someone is talking about of how much the vita is failing? People who say a system is dead are literally creating bad PR.
You aren't responsible alone but you are part of the problem. Sony should advertise their system more but it seems like they don't bother outside of Japan.

Now you've mentioned it by yourself "everywhere they look someone is talking about of how much the vita is failing" hahaha , I'm not the only one.
Its not PROBLEM its OPINION.

What you're saying is just like justifying a bad person , or justifying a crime.
People have complete right to say what is WRONG and what is RIGHT , that's how world works , you have to know that.

Anyways , I'm going to Mars soon , I'm sick of Earth.
Ploto has again come solar system as well.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I am slowly beginning to think that this thread has lost all of its discussion value. This isn't a "convince Haseeb_BSAA to like the PSVita" thread, Haseeb knows better what he likes and what he doesn't like, this is about the games that could "potentially save the PSVita", meaning a wishlist. Let's get back to that topic rather than flaming each other, otherwise the thread will be treated as exhausted and shall be closed.

Haseeb_BSAA You were warned on several occasions - don't double-post. What are we supposed to do with you? Use the Edit function, that's what it's for.

Haseeb_BSAA

Game Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I am slowly beginning to think that this thread has lost all of its discussion value. This isn't a "convince Haseeb_BSAA to like the PSVita" thread, Haseeb knows better what he likes and what he doesn't like, this is about the games that could "potentially save the PSVita", meaning a wishlist. Let's get back to that topic rather than flaming each other, otherwise the thread can be treated as exhausted and shall be closed.

Haseeb_BSAA You were warned on several occasions - don't double-post. Now you're quadruple-posting, what are we supposed to do with you? Use the Edit function, that's what it's for.

Ok I'll keep that thing in mind from next time :D

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now you've mentioned it by yourself "everywhere they look someone is talking about of how much the vita is failing" hahaha , I'm not the only one.
Its not PROBLEM its OPINION.

What you're saying is just like justifying a bad person , or justifying a crime.
People have complete right to say what is WRONG and what is RIGHT , that's how world works , you have to know that.
I never said you are the only one...
Sure you have the right to say your opinion, I clearly stated that before but... what are you getting from it? Nothing. You're not helping by spreading bad PR.
And believe it or not but at my school I am the only guy with a Vita and I often get asked why I own a vita since the system has no games because they heard a lot of people talking about it having no games.
I met so many people that confuse my Vita with a simply bigger PSP because they don't expect anyone to own a Vita. When I show some games to people at school who are interested even if they know "lol vita has no gaems" they are surprised by the amount of games I can show them. No one is bitching about if the games I showed them are AAA or Japanese weaboo or Indie. Heck we even start some conversations about how awesome The binding of Isaac is and how cool it is to play it anywhere on the go. Especially with PC gamers who also like Indies.
You see a pattern here? People don't know how many games the Vita have. And thats because everyone thinks the Vita is dead thanks to the Internet and Sony not advertising the Vita at all (and memory card prices) thanks to Sony not doing well financially. Really they have to bet on a winning horse and so far the PS4 is the console that might save their ass.

I am slowly beginning to think that this thread has lost all of its discussion value. This isn't a "convince Haseeb_BSAA to like the PSVita" thread, Haseeb knows better what he likes and what he doesn't like, this is about the games that could "potentially save the PSVita", meaning a wishlist. Let's get back to that topic rather than flaming each other, otherwise the thread will be treated as exhausted and shall be closed.

Haseeb_BSAA You were warned on several occasions - don't double-post. What are we supposed to do with you? Use the Edit function, that's what it's for.

Okay back to topic then.
What I wished for the PSV would be a proper Monster Hunter. A Proper RPG from square (not necessarily Final Fantasy) and localizing games like Phantasy Star Online 2/ Nova, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth and God Eater 2.

Haseeb_BSAA

Game Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I never said you are the only one...
Sure you have the right to say your opinion, I clearly stated that before but... what are you getting from it? Nothing. You're not helping by spreading bad PR.
And believe it or not but at my school I am the only guy with a Vita and I often get asked why I own a vita since the system has no games because they heard a lot of people talking about it having no games.
I met so many people that confuse my Vita with a simply bigger PSP because they don't expect anyone to own a Vita. When I show some games to people at school who are interested even if they know "lol vita has no gaems" they are surprised by the amount of games I can show them. No one is bitching about if the games I showed them are AAA or Japanese weaboo or Indie. Heck we even start some conversations about how awesome The binding of Isaac is and how cool it is to play it anywhere on the go. Especially with PC gamers who also like Indies.
You see a pattern here? People don't know how many games the Vita have. And thats because everyone thinks the Vita is dead thanks to the Internet and Sony not advertising the Vita at all (and memory card prices) thanks to Sony not doing well financially. Really they have to bet on a winning horse and so far the PS4 is the console that might save their ass.

Okay back to topic then.
What I wished for the PSV would be a proper Monster Hunter. A Proper RPG from square (not necessarily Final Fantasy) and localizing games like Phantasy Star Online 2/ Nova, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth and God Eater 2.

Oh well , why people didn't start to dislike 3DS on internet if you think that's the problem? Why only Vita?
And advertising has absolutely nothing to do with the sales.
I mean , seriously you can ask ANY GAMER in the world , he/she will be aware of Vita and its features.
Even non gamer people know that!

Do me a favor and stay to the topic for now.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh well , why people didn't start to dislike 3DS on internet if you think that's the problem? Why only Vita?
The 3DS initially bombed, y'know - reception was lukewarm at best. It started selling after it received a considerable price cut and a few high-profile releases. If it kept selling at $249 like it used to, I can guarantee that I and probably many other users would not give two f*cks about it.
And advertising has absolutely nothing to do with the sales.
It has everything to do with sales - corporations pay mountains of cash for good advertising, it's the driving force of sales in all consumer-centric industries.
I mean , seriously you can ask ANY GAMER in the world , he/she will be aware of Vita and its features. Even non gamer people know that!
I know of instances when people just kept calling it a PSP. Not everyone is aware of the PSVita, not everyone is familiar with the PSVita's library, and even when they are, they'll go by what they read on the Internet, and what they read on the Internet is "PSVita haz no gaemz lelele" even though it has plenty. The reason why they're getting this message and this message only is because the advertising for the PSVita is awful and practically non-existant.

Haseeb_BSAA

Game Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
The 3DS initially bombed, y'know - reception was lukewarm at best. It started selling after it received a considerable price cut and a few high-profile releases. If it kept selling at $249 like it used to, I can guarantee that I and probably many other users would not give two f*cks about it.
It has everything to do with sales - corporations pay mountains of cash for good advertising, it's the driving force of sales in all consumer-centric industries.
I know of instances when people just kept calling it a PSP. Not everyone is aware of the PSVita, not everyone is familiar with the PSVita's library, and even when they are, they'll go by what they read on the Internet, and what they read on the Internet is "PSVita haz no gaemz lelele" even though it has plenty. The reason why they're getting this message and this message only is because the advertising for the PSVita is awful and practically non-existant.

You won! -_-

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that one of the big reasons the Vita isnt doing well outside of japan is because of poor marketing. Most people dont even know what a Vita is.

Also, Japan's influence and culture have people gaming together all the time. Its quite a bit more rare for people to game together casually here in the US or other parts of the world.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
vita fucked up cos sony ditched it.

if they ran through and released 5 titles.. say a metal gear, a god of war game etc, the system would be fine but they honestly just don't care.

Reactions: Haseeb_BSAA

war2thegrave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games are irrelevant. The Vita has just fallen into a niche and that's how it's going to be.
Better marketing might help, but it's going to be an uphill battle trying to sell an upscale portable
gaming machine to a demographic that is now satisfied with the mediocre drivel they can dowload
for free and play on their phones. Once you discount the die-hard Nintendo fanboy demographic that will stick with nintendo to the bitter end, there really isn't anyone left to effectively market to.

After witnessing what can only be described as one of the sloppiest years of AAA gaming rehashes in recent memory,
I'm a bit disturbed that people think that what the Vita needs is more of it.
Are people so jaded that they won't buy any games unless they have a recognizable franchise, developer,
or publisher associated with it?

The Vita is a fantastic system with a strong library of mostly good to high quality games.
Just because most of it's library is unknown, or that much of it isn't exclusive doesn't mean that it's not worth owning.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The reason why I got a Vita was because of the so called 'weeaboo' games, I just bought one this summer, but I already have bought around 10 games (most of them JRPG's).

Some of the 'crappy' games I'm currently waiting are:

- Criminal Girls Invite (not here yet);
- Fantasy Hero: Unsigned Legacy (can't wait for it);
- Toukiden Kiwami (I'm holding myself from buying the first one since this will be a revision like the Monster Hunter ones with new content);
- Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (I hope it gets localised);
- Soul Saga (seems quite interesting even though it's indie).

Some games that I'd like to see on the Vita:

- Persona 5 Portable (I like my games on the go, then again, if I get a PS4, this will be possible too);
- Suikoden 2 (a remake would be great, heck, even a new game in the series would be fine, I just need more Suikoden games);
- Final Fantasy IX (a remake with nice graphics would be sweet, IX is deffo my fave FF together with IV);
- A Super Robot Wars OG remake (in the style of the PS2 one would be great, sadly the PS2 one didn't get brought over to begin with sadly):
- Thousand Arms (a remake would make me drool, without a doubt it's my favourite JRPG for the PSX);
- Dragon Quest VIII (it's on androids, why not put it in the vita as well?);
- Wild Arms (a real Wild Arms, not in the likes of the PSP one);
- .Hack (either a remake of the PS2 ones, or a new one. Sadly I doubt it'll happen given what happened with the PSP one).

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
The vita does not have enough exclusive games. end of story really. even if they were to market the vita, they have little to market it with apart from games which were released 2 years ago or japanese/animeish titles.

everyone trying to pretend its due to the shitty free to play games and people not appreciating good games on the go are kidding themselves as the 3DS as the success to the back up the effort nintendo has put into its library. its not like theres a cult of nintendo fans who will always buy their system (hello wii u). nintendo put effort into supporting a system with a myriad of first party games and reaped the rewards whilst sony just decided to cut their losses and make it into the indie station.

i quickly tried to list games from meteoritic scores 100-80 EXCLUDING non-exlusives like pc indie ports and ports in general etc.

exclusives
OOT 3D
Cave Story
FE:A
ALBW
Super Mario 3D World
Pushmo/Crashmo
Pokemon Y/X
Pokemon Saphire/Ruby
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Persona Q
Luis Manshion
Bravely Default
Mario Kart 7
Super Smash bros
Etrian Odyssey IV
Kid Icarus
DKCR 3D
Shing Megami Tensi IV
Pheonix Wright Dual Destinies
Mario and Luigi dream team
Prof Layton and the Miracle Mask
Resident Evil Revelations
star Fox 3D
Entrain Odd Millineum girl
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Layon vs Phoenix wright
MH3 Ultimate

vs

Persona 4 Golden

Velocity 2x
LBP Vita
Tearaway
FFX
Sine Mora
Gravity Rush
BlazeBlue
Ys:Memories of Celeceta
Uncharted
Soul sacrifice
Disgaese
Dangon ronpa 1
dangon ronpa 2
kill zone

The difference is huge. I'm sured I missed out a few games and included a few unfairly but man its very obvious which company cares about their console and which is resigned to losing this gen's portable competition. The vita does have some excellent games but looking towards 2015/2016, the future looks bleak for any good exclusive games coming out which is honestly very neglectful of sony.

its ashame as the hardware and OS are far more superior on the vita. i hope in the future i do end up playing it more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1