Hacking Games not working on YSMenu

Jeptioak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using YSMenu on an R4i Gold PRO 2020, which is the yellow one. I am using this on a hacked New Nintendo 2DS XL on the latest firmware.

I was trying to play the Spanish version of Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call, but when I use YSMenu to load it, it either...
(A) ...gets stuck on a white screen on startup
(B) ...freezes if I stay on the title screen for too long
(C) ...freezes on a random point in the opening animation

It will also freeze on the opening cutscene for the Spanish version of Inazuma Eleven.

However, when I use the R4 menu, I can play those both just fine, but then I have to use the menu with no folders and a timebomb. Could someone help?

Jeptioak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I used that YSMenu. Honestly, I'm assuming that it was a lack of beta-testing since the games are the Spanish version. However, the first three Professor Layton games run fine, two of which are the Spanish version.

Jeptioak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the delay!
The SHA-1 checksum hashes are the same as the one in the no-intro database. I checked both El profesor Layton y la llamada del espectro and Inazuma Eleven.

Reactions: Zense

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry for the delay!
The SHA-1 checksum hashes are the same as the one in the no-intro database. I checked both El profesor Layton y la llamada del espectro and Inazuma Eleven.
My guess is that you need an Anti-Piracy patch for them to work. Twilightmenu++ should come with them if they exist and are necessary. They are .ips files that if you're NOT using twilightmenu++ you can apply them yourself using an ips patcher. If you have twilightmenu++ on your flashcard you won't have to do anything and the games should just play afaik.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Jeptioak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AP patch didn't work, nor did Twilightmenu++.

I had a hunch that it wouldn't, as Spectre's Call uses an infinite puzzle loop as an AP method. My problem were the random but frequent crashes.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
AP patch didn't work, nor did Twilightmenu++.

I had a hunch that it wouldn't, as Spectre's Call uses an infinite puzzle loop as an AP method. My problem were the random but frequent crashes.
In what way didn't Twilightmenu++ work? Were you able to boot into it?
According to the B4DS compatibility list, which is the one for flashcards, Prof Layton and the Last Specter / Specter's Call should work fine on a flashcard.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...dz_f7b5jiuyMv2x6e_jY_nyHSc/edit#gid=860616020

Last edited by Zense,

Momoro

The Dark One
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In what way didn't Twilightmenu++ work? Were you able to boot into it?
According to the B4DS compatibility list, which is the one for flashcards, Prof Layton and the Last Specter / Specter's Call should work fine on a flashcard.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...dz_f7b5jiuyMv2x6e_jY_nyHSc/edit#gid=860616020

Yes, but what about the Spanish versions??

Personally, I prefer the English versions of games, as it is my first language. Japanese versions of games like Pokemon Soulsilver are fun to read, (and sometimes google translate..) but the English versions are my life and blood :D

Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Pink and Blue = Harley Quinn
Trophies
Website
www.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I am using YSMenu on an R4i Gold PRO 2020, which is the yellow one. I am using this on a hacked New Nintendo 2DS XL on the latest firmware.

I was trying to play the Spanish version of Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call, but when I use YSMenu to load it, it either...
(A) ...gets stuck on a white screen on startup
(B) ...freezes if I stay on the title screen for too long
(C) ...freezes on a random point in the opening animation

It will also freeze on the opening cutscene for the Spanish version of Inazuma Eleven.

However, when I use the R4 menu, I can play those both just fine, but then I have to use the menu with no folders and a timebomb. Could someone help?
It does not work Inazuma Eleven 1, 2, 3 (both Jap, Eur, Pat), Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2011 - Over the Nexus (both Jap, Usa, Eur, Kor, Pat), Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals, Call of Duty - Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3 - Defiance (both Usa, Eur, Pat)

I tried patching with .ips but does not work either.

Last edited by Isso_Non_Ecxiste,
Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Call of Duty - Black Ops
The Spanish/Italian version works.

Modern Warfare 3 - Defiance
This is very bad news. I'm playing the 5 DS episodes in order, and the last one I think is the best. Are you sure the US version doesn't work?

P.S. Indeed, the European version crashes at random points in the game menu, sadly.

ripicca.gif

Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Trophies
Website
www.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Brazil
The Spanish/Italian version works.

This is very bad news. I'm playing the 5 DS episodes in order, and the last one I think is the best. Are you sure the US version doesn't work?

P.S. Indeed, the European version crashes at random points in the game menu, sadly.

View attachment 280415
After I've experienced that Black Ops gave me crashing after some point, I tested all Call of Duty games for nds, including Modern Warfare 3 - Defiance, and I noticed these last 2 games gave me crash. So, I got Mordern Warfare : Mobilized instead. I played Mobilized a little and I got no problem. Also, if you look at usrcheat.dat you don't see an (AP Patch or AP Fix code) and this is good, because the game is not protected against piracy. I'm also playing Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2009 - Stardust Accelerator, IMO it's much better than Reverse of Arcadia.

I also remind that I had problems with USA version of some games, like Okamiden and Blue Dragon - Awakened Shadow, and I had to take the European version.

Ooooooooohhh, I also experienced problems with Shin Megami Tensei - Devil Survivor 2.

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tested all Call of Duty games for nds, including Modern Warfare 3 - Defiance, and I noticed these last 2 games gave me crash
The (US) version of MW3 Defiance works. However, you need to disable the DMA option in the YSMenu game menu. I did all the initial tutorial/ training and it never crashed. It seems unlikely to me that it will crash later in the game. I'm waiting for others to test it more thoroughly. Maybe he'll prove me wrong. 😉

Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Trophies
Website
www.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Brazil
The (US) version of MW3 Defiance works. However, you need to disable the DMA option in the YSMenu game menu. I did all the initial tutorial/ training and it never crashed. It seems unlikely to me that it will crash later in the game. I'm waiting for others to test it more thoroughly. Maybe he'll prove me wrong. 😉
I think training mode is OK, but story mode gives you crash after some random point. I cannot confirm if it is true.

I tried running "problematic" games with disabled DMA option, but it did not solved the problem... I tested it with Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2011 - Over the Nexus.

Last edited by Isso_Non_Ecxiste,

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think training mode is OK, but story mode gives you crash after some random point. I cannot confirm if it is true.
By "initial tutorial/training" I meant the introductory chapter of "Story mode". If you can't confirm that it crashes at random points, how can you say that? Where did you read that?
However as soon as I have time I will try it out more carefully.

Note: I must correct myself. I couldn't reload the save, and the one time it did load it, then crashed. Too bad!!!

Last edited by Nikokaro,

Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Trophies
Website
www.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Brazil
By "initial tutorial/training" I meant the introductory chapter of "Story mode". If you can't confirm that it crashes at random points, how can you say that? Where did you read that?
However as soon as I have time I will try it out more carefully.

Note: I must correct myself. I couldn't reload the save, and the one time it did load it, then crashed. Too bad!!!
I used to test this game, but I cannot confirm what problem is it because it was about 3 months ago, and I don't remind what thing caused trouble with this game.

Oh, I told you this game had issues with YS Menu... Really bad... Hope the owner fix those bugs as sooner as he/her can... Idk if he/she is male or female, lmao.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol