Hacking Games don't work together on R4i Gold

claudiovc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First of all, I don't know if this is the right place for this or if it has already been answered, and sorry again for the English!

Well, i got a NDSi with a R4i Gold. I know, it sucks. The cover shows www.r4-pro.com, the site doesn't exists and finding a firmware that works took me a whole day. Its a v1.33 firmware and I have no idea how i found it. Any suggestion here would be nice, although this is not the main problem.

After installing the firmware and extracting a few roms I realized that that just one title was recognized (Zelda Spirit Tracks). After re-installing the firmware and re-formating the SD a dozen times i found out that other two roms also worked (two Mario games). So I deleted all the other roms and left just the three that worked, but when I turned it back on, just Zelda was working! Then I erased Zelda and Mario worked. Then I put Zelda back with the 2 Mario's and Zelda stops working! Well, I think you got the point...does anybody know how can I fix it?

I'm extracting the roms on the root of the SD (if I extract them in a sub-folder they just disappear when I connect the R4!).

Any help/suggestion would be apreciated!
Thanks in advance.

mathyuowns

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
You Have 2 Choices

1. Use The R4 Wood From :http://filetrip.net/f23051-Wood-R4-v1-19.html
(Edit R4 Link To latest)

2: Use Ysmenu :http://filetrip.net/f23165-YSMenu-for-R4-Clones-6-42.html(Recomended)

Then You should be able to put games into sub folder eg. games,music w.e cause its not good for the sd card
yaynds.gif

claudiovc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the replies!
Mathyuowns, I'll try the YSMenu and Wood and come back with the results.
Rydian the MicroSD is a Kingston 2gb I used on my cellphone, never had any problem with it. I believe its original =D

urbon

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The genuine r4ids gold's website should be www.r4ids.cn
Have an attention before you buy.
Only this one is supported by WOOD R4.

claudiovc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I bought it from internet, and I had no idea there were so many different "versions" of R4i before, Urbon. I'll keep trying all the 'workarounds' but I'm probably buying a Acekard later. By the way, does anybody know if I can trust Lightake.com?
Thanks.

urbon

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
claudiovc said:
I bought it from internet, and I had no idea there were so many different "versions" of R4i before, Urbon. I'll keep trying all the 'workarounds' but I'm probably buying a Acekard later. By the way, does anybody know if I can trust Lightake.com?
Thanks.

The genuine one can be get here:
http://lightake.com/detail.do/sku.R4i_Gold...Si_DSi_XL-34731

There are so many kinds of "r4i gold", the reasons are:
1.R4 is gone
2.R4i gold is the first one to break V1.4 last year
The genuine one's website should be www.r4ids.cn.
That's all.

claudiovc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, just plugged my R4 and got the message "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button....". It was working before and now it just stopped working! Weird, because I get the error even without the MicroSD. If I'd have to buy another one, should I pick the Acekard2i or the "genuine" R4i (both from Lightake)?
Thanks in advance

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
claudiovc said:
Well, just plugged my R4 and got the message "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button....". It was working before and now it just stopped working! Weird, because I get the error even without the MicroSD. If I'd have to buy another one, should I pick the Acekard2i or the "genuine" R4i (both from Lightake)?
Thanks in advance
If I'm not mistaken, that error message means your R4i Gold isn't 1.4.1 compatible.
I'd go to the website on the card first and see if there's a firmware update.

claudiovc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I forgot to mention, my DSi shows 1.4U, I havent updated it. I would understand if I had, but it just stopped working. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

claudiovc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks guys, but it didn't work.
I have tried all kinds of firmwares...tried starting without the MicroSD, and instead of the usual "Loading..." screen, I got the "An error has occurred...". Again, I didn't update my NDS.
I suspect my R4i is gone, maybe shorted out. =/
Thanks again for all the help.

thurman86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IF your R4 says www.r4-pro.com then you got the cart. The actual cart says r4ids.cn on it. If you go to the R4ids.cn site and click where to but it will give you a list of sites that you can get the real one from. I just got mine today, updated the firmware and has been working fine.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thurman86 said:
IF your R4 says www.r4-pro.com then you got the cart. The actual cart says r4ids.cn on it. If you go to the R4ids.cn site and click where to but it will give you a list of sites that you can get the real one from. I just got mine today, updated the firmware and has been working fine.

That's not how it works, there are at least 8 different R4i Gold named carts.

claudiovc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'll revive this topic because I think I just found what happened to my R4i Gold.

First of all, it was an Acekard clone. The problem I had before the card bricked - i guess - its the same annaly reported on this topic:
http://gbatemp.net/t274155-acekard-black-screen-some-games
I could put some games in the SD, play them just fine, but if i would put some more, some of the games that were working would stop working. Thats not the main evidence that the R4i Gold from r4i-pro.com is actually a Acekard, but the fact that I was able to run Akaio on it. Akaio is supposed to run on Acekards only, is it correct?
So I remember that I tried to run Akaio on my card and it started updating and i canceled it...so thats why I got the black "An error has occurred...." screen. I know its stupid but by that time I had no idea what was that update or that it could brick my card. I didnt even know what was Akaio, I was trying all the firmwares of the internet in my card to see if i some of them worked.
rolleyes.gif

I know its not the right section, but does anybody know if flashing it on a DSLite or DSi with older firmware i can get it working?
If its not possible Ill just throw it away =P
Thanks and sorry for the english.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
claudiovc said:
I'll revive this topic because I think I just found what happened to my R4i Gold.

First of all, it was an Acekard clone. The problem I had before the card bricked - i guess - its the same annaly reported on this topic:
http://gbatemp.net/t274155-acekard-black-screen-some-games
I could put some games in the SD, play them just fine, but if i would put some more, some of the games that were working would stop working. Thats not the main evidence that the R4i Gold from r4i-pro.com is actually a Acekard, but the fact that I was able to run Akaio on it. Akaio is supposed to run on Acekards only, is it correct?
So I remember that I tried to run Akaio on my card and it started updating and i canceled it...so thats why I got the black "An error has occurred...." screen. I know its stupid but by that time I had no idea what was that update or that it could brick my card. I didnt even know what was Akaio, I was trying all the firmwares of the internet in my card to see if i some of them worked.
rolleyes.gif

I know its not the right section, but does anybody know if flashing it on a DSLite or DSi with older firmware i can get it working?
If its not possible Ill just throw it away =P
Thanks and sorry for the english.

Just trash it and get a real acekard, or a wood r4i gold from r4ids.cn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz