Homebrew GameCard Installer saying every game I try is corrupt

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case this might help anyone: After posting above that things seemed to work, I later discovered that games would only launch when selecting "Fusee" in Hekate (rather than "CFW (sysMMC)", "CFW (emuMMC)", or "Stock")--otherwise I continued to receive the "corrupt" message. I was told to investigate my "Hekate_IPL.ini" (in the "bootloader" folder), from which I learned that the other 3 launch options were all trying to load "fusee-secondary.bin", which apparently seems to have no purpose (at least for launching directly). I never set it to do this, so this must have been a default either from Hekate or SDSetup.com.

I was told to simply edit "Hekate_IPL.ini" so that it launches "fusee-primary.bin" instead.

I should note: I haven't retried this with a title installed by Gamecard Installer, since TotalJustice recommended using NXDumpTool.

On an unrelated note: can anyone recommend/link a method to setup emuNAND by copying existing sysNAND? Apparently certain games require a higher firmware than I have, and I'd like to do it without enabling AutoRCM or risking blowing fuses by accidentally booting OFW.
You can always just patch the games to work on lower firmware: https://gbatemp.net/threads/renxpack-repack-nintendo-switch-nsps-to-work-on-lower-firmwares.535614/

Jinx_Dojo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hi BigOnYa; thanks for the suggestion!

I've also been told to try NSC Builder, but both seem to require keys from the *newer* firmwares (so renaming my "prod.keys" won't work). I'm guessing sharing those here is not allowed, but is there possibly a way to extract them from the original (physical) gamecard that I have? It has the firmware update, so logically must have the keys, correct?

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the exact same problem as the other posters here.

This is what happens:

I open up NX Dump Tool, I rip the game as an NSP dump, but I get the error "Unable to start software" when I select the game I dumped after installing it with Goldleaf under "fusee" boot method.

When I try to install the NSP using Goldleaf with emuNAND, I get a "Invalid NCA" error and the game never installs.
Are there some steps I am missing? I noticed if I boot from Fusee in the pre-boot menu, the game will start but often tell me I have a corrupted game.

When I boot into CFW (emuMMC) I just get the "Unable to start software". Also, what's the difference between those two selections (emuMMC and the fusee icon option) anyway?

Any ideas on how I can install my game carts? Is it the whole sigpatch thing? I thought I installed it right; downloaded ITotalJustice for HOS 13.0.0 and AMS 1.1.1, and dragged the folders to the root of my SD card. Is there something else I need to do to enable sigpatches?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the exact same problem as the other posters here.

This is what happens:

I open up NX Dump Tool, I rip the game as an NSP dump, but I get the error "Unable to start software" when I select the game I dumped after installing it with Goldleaf under "fusee" boot method.

When I try to install the NSP using Goldleaf with emuNAND, I get a "Invalid NCA" error and the game never installs.
Are there some steps I am missing? I noticed if I boot from Fusee in the pre-boot menu, the game will start but often tell me I have a corrupted game.

When I boot into CFW (emuMMC) I just get the "Unable to start software". Also, what's the difference between those two selections (emuMMC and the fusee icon option) anyway?

Any ideas on how I can install my game carts? Is it the whole sigpatch thing? I thought I installed it right; downloaded ITotalJustice for HOS 13.0.0 and AMS 1.1.1, and dragged the folders to the root of my SD card. Is there something else I need to do to enable sigpatches?
Depending on your hekate_ipl.ini file, emuMMC is most likely booting Atmosphere via the FSS0 option which is Hekate's own method of launching Atmosphere. The fusee option uses fusee to launch Atmosphere. Your issue is that the patches you downloaded are incomplete. Get the latest patches from this thread instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q