Game Center CX2 (retro game challenge) getting fan translation

shito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
The Game Center CX 2 / Retro Game Challenge 2 fan translation project, possibly the most important work of our generation, is now underway and has a web site!
Modeled after the Japanese GCCX2 hub, the site doesn’t have much content yet other than a single shot of Triotos’ translated title screen and the videos we shared before.
It does, however, reveal that the project is seven strong — coder Xvirus (Shiren the Wanderer DS 2 translation), four translators, GCCX expert and SCROLL publisher Ray Barnholt serving as editor, and Tiny Cartridge reader Ryuza working on the graphics and web site.
Now, let us all pray this is one of the few DS translation projects that actually sees completion.
[youtube]H4eC9876d9Y[/youtube]
source
project page

D

Deleted_171835

Retro Game Challenge (the first game) was great.
I found it really fun! I hope this translation gets completed!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is this thing? Base on the some what creepy face, this seem weird...
tongue.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HOLY CRAP YES.

I really enjoyed #1, and have been waiting for someone to start a project like this (I couldn't have done it myself, I'm not experienced enough).

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh, this is wonderful! I was looking for a Retro Game Challenge 2 just the other day and didn't find a thing. Now I know why.

At least this is going on, so that when I finish the first game there is a possibility I could move right on to the second.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved the show, then their game came out, and loved that too. I didn't get to play much of the sequel... but the translation is awesome! XD Can't wait to hear more on it--'cause Game Center CX is really an awesome, unique game.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JinTrigger said:
Um...what is this game and why is everyone so excited about it.

I wanna be excited too
It's a sequel to an awesome game. The first game came out worldwide, but didn't sell well enough, so they made the sequel for Japan only.
The original game was pretty much a compilation of new 8-bit-style games parodying/copying off of gameplay from actual popular 8-bit games.

Here's a review of the first game:
[youtube]WGEz6_3fEZw[/youtube]
EDIT: I just watched that video, and I'm willing to say that I kinda disagree with some parts of his opinion.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
JinTrigger said:
Um...what is this game and why is everyone so excited about it.

I wanna be excited too
It's a sequel to an awesome game. The first game came out worldwide, but didn't sell well enough, so they made the sequel for Japan only.
The original game was pretty much a compilation of new 8-bit-style games parodying/copying off of gameplay from actual popular 8-bit games.

Here's a review of the first game:
[youtube]WGEz6_3fEZw[/youtube]
EDIT: I just watched that video, and I'm willing to say that I kinda disagree with some parts of his opinion.

Now I am excited....

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Awesome! I loved the first one and even bought it. It's sad that the second one didn't get an official translation..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.