ROM Hack Game Center CX : Arino no Chosenjo 2 (New Start?)

Popz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Happy birthday Aaron, I'm so happy this project reached its end, it's just wonderful. All of you translators, programmers, testers and so on, thanks for your marvelous work on this game. It may seems to be quite an obscure game for some niche fans, but boy it means a lot for them.
And thanks again to you Aaron.

joek0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything is looking good Aaron. I really hope you buy a copy of the strategy guide for this project. Also, is anyone willing to help me with the strategy guide after the patch is released. Aaron is asking me to help put it together.

Happy Birthday Aaron! Have some fun today.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Happy Birthday, Aaron.
May the years to come be filled for you with happiness and exciting new experiences.

cake3.jpg

- a virtual cake, but it's better than nothing :P

And btw Windows XP/7 is evil-looking in its Japanese version (why the kanji??)

If you don't mind some off-topic chat about something completely unrelated to the project at hand, but is fan-translation scene big in Japan? (I mean, as in people taking English-only games and translating it there)

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to play this in English as it should've been. This is coming from someone who played the entire game in Japanese save for the last go-round.

Aaron Chmielowiec

Wielder of the 4 sacred cheeses
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Ah, ah, ahhhhh.....

Achoo!

http://www.gccxpatch.com/

(I just finished the final sanity check on the Adventure Games (both of them) from beginning to end. I hope this works for you. Remember to use the exact version of XDelta needed; older/other versions may have problems)

Enjoy! I hope this works for you.
Edit> I like how FileTrip says I have over 100 downloads in about 17 minutes. Haha. *sniff* God(tm), I hope this works.

P.S. This is ongoing in that aligning the text for the game/optimizing display is a *very* slow and tedious process. It could take months just doing that. Overall though this should be a relatively minor point, I hope.

*If* the patch works for you and you enjoy it, and if I were the only one working on this I would ask if anyone had paypal donations to send but I guess that wouldn't be appropriate. Feel free to send me messages and mail, though. (My contract ends at the end of August so I'm trying to find clients; I run my own business but 0 regular clients = 0 regular income. Hit me up if you have some random IT/translation or related project in mind.)

joek0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see you finally release it! Every please enjoy it!

I am going to try and finish my Wizman FAQ from GameFaqs ASAP.

zoinkzoinkzoink

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Woo hoo!

I've been lurking in this thread for a long time, patiently watching the amazing results progress.

Many many thanks for the excellent work!

Calitar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooray! This is awesome! Thank you so much. I just started it up and have been laughing like a little kid and going "It's in English!"

I did find an error in the first challenge text though. The description says "case" instead of "cast".
1xhbLt5.png

Again thank you so much. This has made my day/week/month/year

Sludge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aaaand the sites timing out :P Well, I guess I'll play it sometime tomorrow. Thank you for all the hard work you put into making the translation Aaron, and happy birthday!

moisessdm

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you, guys. I've been following this topic for all this months and waiting with expectations for this patch. Thanks for all hard work. You are awesome!!

Aaron Chmielowiec

Wielder of the 4 sacred cheeses
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Wow that was fast and unexpected! I had just figured it would be fixed in a bigger update. Thanks!

Fortunately I remember the challenge text is in arm9.bin. A quick hex edit, recompile and build was all it too but then I had to update the patch, upload it, update the download link, etc.

There are spacing and positioning issues with the Adventure that I hope are relatively minor but that is going to take a long time to tweak and perfect on-screen so that will probably be in patch 1.1 or whatever I call it.

Maybe I should give them code names like Ubuntu does.

RGC2 Patch - Brazilian Batman release.

Etc.

Reactions: fedprod and Calitar

Calitar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found some more stuff.
First is rather minor. Shouldn't this be "America" instead of "American"
RyXalgQ.png

This may be difficult to fix but Arino just called me "He" instead of "She" (could workaround by using singular "They")
JeTRYRv.png

The controls bar at the bottom (forget what you called that) is still in Japanese when looking at the instructions for Cosmic Gate
3cjS0Ij.png

What are those symbols at the end of the possible answers?
THgdiQd.png

Reactions: AndrewRoks1998

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1