Hacking G6 Real 16GB

teammate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have made a directory for DLDI and placed nesDS.nds and some .nes files on the root of the cart and replaced system folder:

Haruspex

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok time to post a quick little tutorial of what i did to run homebrew on G6DS Real.

1)Download the new loader from here (which includes the DLDI driver)

http://www.gba-nds.com/index.php?option=co...id=80&Itemid=36

Needs register in order to download, alternative you can download it from here

http://rapidshare.com/files/42365181/system.zip.html

or here

http://www.zshare.net/download/26500509c92984/

2)Find the file you just downloaded and extract it with your favorite archive app. Inside you will find the folder you will need called system

3)Connect the G6DS Real to the PC and replace entirely the old system folder in your G6DS Real card with the new one you just downloaded. Make sure to replace all the files.

4)Throw some DLDI compatible homebrew in your card (i put them in the root, but i assume that doesn't really matter) for example DSOrganize, nesDS, snesDS whatever. If the homebrew it isn't DLDI compatible i doubt that it will work.

5)Boot G6DS Real and once the touchpod menu loads press start, go to MyCard and select the homebrew file you want with A. You will get a screen with 2 options, ignore it and just press A. If all goes well the homebrew app will load after 4-5 seconds.

If that doesn't work i dunno what's going on.

Haruspex

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
thank for your tutorial btw the problem was the archive, in fact i have downloaded from gba-nds and all works fine! ehi teammate try to download from there http://www.gba-nds.com/index.php?option=co...id=80&Itemid=36

Good to hear, just to be safe i will edit my above post and i will upload the file i downloaded from gba-nds to rapidshare and zhare so people don't have to register in order to download.

Btw, if by chance you manage to run moonshell 1.71 please tell me how you did it.

Bergunzo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
NOOOO! it doesn't work again, it has worked one time with lameboy and now i ve re-tried but it doesn't work! if i format and reput the firmware inside, it doesn't work again.... grrrr i hate g6666666666666

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, people are sounding like they're having too many problems with this. I might wait for an official release on their site. Maybe it'll be different.

Bergunzo, have you tested any download play games? And is the calibration of the touch screen any better?

Oh...and also, you're saying you can't create a folder named Homebrew on your root, and put all your files into it? You have to put the actual homebrew files on the root itself? That kinda sucks. I hope they fix that.

YeeHaH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dldi working beautifully. yes I tried to put homebrew in a folder and they dont work. must be in root directory only at this stage.surely a newer release will rectify this problem. very excited to find an old favorite giana sisters works great...
biggrin.gif

Bergunzo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know, people are sounding like they're having too many problems with this. I might wait for an official release on their site. Maybe it'll be different.

Bergunzo, have you tested any download play games? And is the calibration of the touch screen any better?

Oh...and also, you're saying you can't create a folder named Homebrew on your root, and put all your files into it? You have to put the actual homebrew files on the root itself? That kinda sucks. I hope they fix that.

the calibration of the touch is the same of the previous release, and i can't test the download play but ahtin has sayed that the DP now work perfectly; btw this firmware sucks

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? I think this firmware is great. I just got around to trying it myself.

DLDI works beautifully. All the homebrew I've tried so far, has started, and saved perfectly. Very nice.

And the calibration is WAY better. The only button that is still off, is the NDS Game button in the top right hand corner. But since you have to scroll through My Card with the D-Pad anyways, you might as well just hit Start to get that button to work.

But all the buttons in the cheat menu, are dead on. The Select File, my Cheats folder, and the .xml's were all a pain in the ass to get to activate in the last firmware. Now, they are dead on. I am very pleased with this update. I'm actually going to start using my G6 Real now.

Oh...and download play really isn't a big deal to me, but I was just curious about it. If for some reason I ever need to have perfect download play, I'll just use my CycloDS.

linus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The g6 real 2GB version is supposed to be out, but I can't really find any sites stocking it. If someone knows a site, please do tell, I'd like to do some price comparision.

linus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

thanks for the links. i disgarded divineo earlier because i apparently misread it and thought you could only buy in bulk from there. but if they have the g6 real 2GB for $80 that sounds like a really good price.
does anyone have any experience with divineo? they seem to have shipping locations all over the world, but the g6 real 2GB will is only shipping from china.

the other link seems a little strange, that site has totally different prices depending on the currency you select.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: