g6 lite help

clore482

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My g6 lite bundle came today with passcard. When I plug the g6lite USB flash drive into my computer, I cannot open the Removable Disk, nor can I drag .sys files onto it. I tried this on two computers, and it still doesn't work. I'm no computer expert, is there any way I can get this to work? Thank you!

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
facing outward as in the sticker side is seeable right? hmm....

have you tried other sorts of USB storage things? such as an mp3 player? and those work just fine?

kingeightsix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well, unplug the USB dock and unplug the G6 Cart from the USB dock...
if you're on win98, install the latest drivers for the G6...
if not... FIRST, plug the G6 Cart to the USB dock. SECOND, plug the USB dock to the PC. a blue led (the one supo's talking about) should shine and your windows should detect a whole bunch of crap and install the drivers needed. after it's all done, you should be able to access your G6 through 'My Computer > Removable Disk'.

if all else fails... smash your head against the screen, go crazy... so crazy that you might just trick yourself into thinking that it's working!

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
another thing to mention is that if you're using a usb extension cable (because your usb ports on your computer are recessed and don't allow the G6's usb burner to plug in completely), to make sure that it's compatible.

as stated prior, when you plug the usb burner into your pc, with the G6 already inserted, the blue LED on the usb burner should light up. if it does not, then you don't have a "good" connection between the G6 and your pc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1