Where to download the latest G6 Lite software for Windows from?

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Somehow my G6 Lite came back to life and has been working perfectly on all my GBA Systems for days now.
I figured I'd get rid of some stuff I have on it and install new things, but I quickly realized I don't have nor do I know where to find the software for it anywhere
It was this janky looking software but very simple to use where upon plugging the cartridge itself in your PC through its USB Dongle you'd use the software to add and remove games from the cart itself, then flash the whole thing.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow my G6 Lite came back to life and has been working perfectly on all my GBA Systems for days now.
I figured I'd get rid of some stuff I have on it and install new things, but I quickly realized I don't have nor do I know where to find the software for it anywhere
It was this janky looking software but very simple to use where upon plugging the cartridge itself in your PC through its USB Dongle you'd use the software to add and remove games from the cart itself, then flash the whole thing.
No where sadly since I don't see them on anymore linfoxdomain

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks!
I hope it doesn't mess up again, my GBAs both the micro and SP are in dire need of new batteries, for years I was using my PSP and now my Vita as my GBA but I felt like playing on original hardware recently and was surprised to see the G6 Lite working :)

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks!
I hope it doesn't mess up again, my GBAs both the micro and SP are in dire need of new batteries, for years I was using my PSP and now my Vita as my GBA but I felt like playing on original hardware recently and was surprised to see the G6 Lite working :)
Let's just hope for the best, also glad to see that your G6 Lite still works after all these years.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Let's just hope for the best, also glad to see that your G6 Lite still works after all these years.
I'm going to see if I can copy games to it tomorrow
a few years back around 2019 IIRC I made a topic here saying it died and sure enough it was dead, it would freeze up, not boot at all, I cleaned it and what not to no avail and this week it has worked like a charm. Too bad I own most of the games I have on it original so I want to get rid of those and add some stuff I don't have.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to see if I can copy games to it tomorrow
a few years back around 2019 IIRC I made a topic here saying it died and sure enough it was dead, it would freeze up, not boot at all, I cleaned it and what not to no avail and this week it has worked like a charm. Too bad I own most of the games I have on it original so I want to get rid of those and add some stuff I don't have.
I have the previous one g6flash and omg takes forever to flash anything to it already way past that have EZ-Flash Omega DE best one on the market o boy

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So Windows reads the G6 Lite just fine, but G6 U-DISK Manager crashes as soon as I select a drive.
I'm using Windows 8.1 on this PC and haven't had any problems.
Compatibility mode doesn't work either, I tried a bunch of settings and nothing.
Post automatically merged:

I shouldn't have inserted the thing in a windows 8 machine, I forgot all about that.
You see trying to use the U-Disk Manager even if it works messes the flash cart up on anything above Windows XP, you need to have an actual desktop PC with Windows XP now to reformat it to whatever format it required and then re-flash the thing, not even virtual machines would do.
I guess that's how I fixed it all those years back but I forgot all about that and now that I messed it up again I remember but it's too late now lol
Jesus.

Last edited by Shinigami Kiba,

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Windows reads the G6 Lite just fine, but G6 U-DISK Manager crashes as soon as I select a drive.
I'm using Windows 8.1 on this PC and haven't had any problems.
Compatibility mode doesn't work either, I tried a bunch of settings and nothing.

I shouldn't have inserted the thing in a windows 8 machine, I forgot all about that.
You see trying to use the U-Disk Manager even if it works messes the flash cart up on anything above Windows XP, you need to have an actual desktop PC with Windows XP now to reformat it to whatever format it required and then re-flash the thing, not even virtual machines would do.
I guess that's how I fixed it all those years back but I forgot all about that and now that I messed it up again I remember but it's too late now lol
Jesus.
Guess it's time to ebay search an xp laptop

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guess it's time to ebay search an xp laptop
ebay won't ship anything to Macedonia, but there's plenty of old laptops and pcs here. But I'm pretty sure you weren't supposed to use laptops otherwise I would've installed XP on that one Netbook I have back then.
Dammit now I can't play DrillDozer, Metalgun Slinger and Blender Bros on real hardware anymore because I dunn broke it again and they were all on there working just fine.
I should go to my aunt's and see if one of my old XP computers is still there which I doubt, last time I fixed it with that one IIRC now.

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ebay won't ship anything to Macedonia, but there's plenty of old laptops and pcs here. But I'm pretty sure you weren't supposed to use laptops otherwise I would've installed XP on that one Netbook I have back then.
Dammit now I can't play DrillDozer, Metalgun Slinger and Blender Bros on real hardware anymore because I dunn broke it again and they were all on there working just fine.
I should go to my aunt's and see if one of my old XP computers is still there which I doubt, last time I fixed it with that one IIRC now.
Why not laptops u know at the time laptops was not a widespread thing like now as they mentioned to be a bissness machines

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't remember why it wouldn't work on a laptop
I know it had to be an old XP Machine, even a virtual machine wouldn't work
and when this happens, like what I did now where it boots up but freezes on the inital verifying screen, you had to reformat the thing with some specific tool maybe and in a specific format either eFAT or was it FAT32.
I'm trying to find the topic about it here, when I do I will repost the info someone here gave me in this one for people to know.

Found it!
Apparently you CAN use a virtual machine, but not a laptop.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-g6-l...t-it-and-i-need-help-now.352322/#post-4729678
Tho I'm sure someone at one point also said you can't use a virtual machine either but I will give it a shot with VMWare and I JUST removed VMWare the other week because I wasn't using it much anymore lol jesus :)

I was able to delete the internal memory on the GBA itself, so that's a good thing.
But the G6 Lite said to now format it on PC using the MP Utility Maintenance Tool.
Now if you guys could help me track that down, I don't think it came with the G6 Installer
I will reinstall VMWare and see if I can get this up and running again.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so much
how do you find this stuff?
Hopefully I can fix this in the VM if not I'll have to track down one of my old PCs if I still have them

After extensive testing for about an hour I'm happy to report the G6 Lite is back to normal, it works flawlessly.
Thanks for all the support and I'm sorry I was unable to find anything online myself.

The process to fixing this is rather simple once you get all the software you need
tho I did have to install the universal USB Drivers even on Windows XP SP3, but that was a nonissue for me as everything worked smoothly after that and I've installed many a driver manually on 95, 98 and XP.

Here's hoping my G6 Lite has a few more years in it

It was alive and well for over an hour and then it wasn't lol
It does the same thing as before now, it boots up, but gets stuck on the Processing Data part.
Strangely enough this is what it did years back too and it somehow fixed itself or I fixed it but now it's gone bad again on its own.

I suspect whenever a game saves it goes bad, tho why I don't know.

I should probably buy a new flashcart whatever is good nowadays that's going to last.

I'm just trying out different things
so I got it working again by rebuilding the database/memory without having to reformat the thing.
It appears there's some sort of corruption going on inside the cart after it saves progress, so you have to do a memory check and rebuild the memory every time to get it working.

In conclusion
I won't be playing anything serious since clearly saving is a problem, but at least now I have somewhat of an idea of what's potentially causing this. I guess the cart ran its course it did serve me well for over 10 years back then.
Seems I bought it around 2007ish if forum posts I'm looking up are any indication :)

• Love
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you want to go with a better flash card, then I would suggest an EZ-Flash Omega.

Overall, I'm glad that everything works out just fine for you, and that's all that matters. If you want to know where I get the software from, then go to: https://linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse