Kupo
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I guess my initial theory was inevitable. Just as I was about to be convinced that the g6 lite is a great replacement for my g6 3rd gens before, my card is corrupted. I started out trying animal crossing and thought it was too cutesy for my taste. Removed the game from the cart and proceed to play Castlevania.....after playing for about 30 minutes I wanted to switch to Ouendan to wake me up a bit. But in between I wanted a cigarette break so I shut the ds off. When I went back to play there were no games showing. I thought to myself crap....so I plugged the card into the reader and wala, nice bunch of ascii symbols for all files and names I couldn't read. The real bad part is I have lost a lot of saved games that I had for super mario, castlevania, and ouendan.....other things I don't really care much about anyways. This goes to teach 2 lessons, back up often and prepare for the worst. I will now contact realhotstuff to return the g6 lite since my m3 lite is on the way nehow. It was like my g6lite was crying for attention or something since it knew the m3 lite was coming. Maybe I'll get another supercard lite with the credit I can get or something.....this time black. =) I guess even after preaching all the safety procedures to treat the g6 lite, it can die out of nowhere.....definitely liked the build of my g6 3rd gen much better. You DO get what you paid for.

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, sorry to hear that dude. Did you keep your original G6 3rd card as a back up? If so at least you have that to hold you out until you recieve your M3.

This corruption thing really has me wondering if some people just got bad boards/chips in their cards. I feel lucky that I haven't had a single problem with my G6L (especially since I purchased it from psxbox and an exchange situation would be a big pain in the ass).

tama_mog

Kupo
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have no problems holding out, I got 2 spare supercard lites and a m3 lite coming in the mail (not to mention both my original g6 3rd gen cards) so that's not really an issue.....main point is the saved games I guess....but it's nothing life threatening. I'm not so convinced of the bad boards/chips theory.....it's more like the type of components they used to slash the price of the g6 3rd gen down to g6 lite that has always worried me....and now I see why. Good luck to you guys with the g6 lites....backup saves often, you never know when it'll hit apparently.

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My and my friends have a few g6 lites of our own (don't ask).

Both of our 1st generation chinese g6 lites have died. One doesn't even boot other than the green text in gba mode, the other is extremely unstable and most of the time freezes at touchpod menu with nothing displaying on bottem screen. 2nd gen chinese g6 lite is just fine, no problems whatsoever. English g6 lite (i assume this is 3rd gen? or maybe 4th if they made another chinese one or jap) which is so far the highest build quality and it's just great.

Following all the safety stuff, the safe format stuff, all that good stuff, staying on newest firmware, staying on 4.0, all that. It didn't really make a different for the first gens. They're crap and die for some reason or another. I'm hoping to get a response from Danny to replace one but it's been weeks without response.

tama_mog

Kupo
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been using only 1 g6 lite, and that's the english g6 lite that I purchased just 2-3 weeks back.....so yeah it's the new generation, even came with the black casing. I think there are issues with the g6 lite that the m3/g6 team aren't addressing formally....but oh well, what's done is done, I'm just not using a g6 lite anymore.

hornetx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i've got an english g6 lite for about a month and i've not had any problems. I've been using it for a solid few hours a day and it seems to be holding up fine.

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Defrag has done nothing.
It says no need for defragment and the report says one fragmented folder and nothing else. Even though there is no folder in there, and that fragment exists no matter how you format it. Maybe the GBA stuff has something to do with it.

Anyway there's no surefire way to fix a real corruption and Danny refuses to believe that my g6 lite is broked. He asked who my retailer was and to return to them but i said hopebuy which is not an official one and.....boy it's gonna get messy.

inter4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RyuKakashi I have the same probelm as you and Danny told me to return it to the retailer.Nothing worked and even formatting with MPU was useless.The problem is that it curropted with out any reason since i always used remove hardware,and the curroption happenned on its first day with me.I guess i was unlucky and got a faulty G6.I bought it from hopebuy and I will return it this week.

tama_mog

Kupo
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
maybe they just have a defective batch that blows up out of nowhere like a ticking time bomb.....or they're all ticking time bombs with different clocks....many ways to look @ this but bottom line is it's apparent to me the quality control on the g6 lite isn't as tight as it should be and the qualities of my prior g6 3rd gens were better.

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you use the G6 Loader program to take the AC rom off your cart?
Did you "safely remove hardware"?

tama_mog

Kupo
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Read my first post, I've been a long time advocate of the typical procedures to handle a g6 in general since I see so many new guys mishandling g6 lites (a lot more entry into the market since the price drop). Everything is done as it should, I know the procedure darn well ever since using a g6 3rd gen. It was completely random. This is apparent because everything was fine until I turned off the DS to go have a smoke break and came back to plug into the usb reader and wala, corruption.

tama_mog

Kupo
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is what happens to people who think they're too mature for Animal Crossing. Let it be a lesson to you all.

...word is bondage...

That's pretty funny....I think.
sleep.gif
Anyhow, there is no real point to this post except to make people aware of a potential problem that I've always questioned. Take my post with a grain of salt because who knows, maybe most people's g6 lites are working just fine and run into no problems. I'd be glad to hear that because I've always thought the g6 is a great product line, their latest offering has just disappointed me personally. I just hope g6 lites aren't a ticking time bomb like I'm hypothesizing.

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bet you're pretty happy that you held onto your G6 3rd carts now. I know many people who sold their old gba size G6 carts and planned on getting the new lite one instead.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I've got an english G6L & had corruption the first day. I thought it was from transferring files from my mac to my pc with it. Maybe it was... My symptom was undeletable files, couldn't kill them on the pc or the mac. I used the G6 formatting utility and haven't had a problem since.. knock wood... but I noticed last night that I had the dreaded cracked hinge on my DSLite, so I'm wondering wtf else will go wrong. They just don't make 'em like they used to, whaddaya gonna do...

I know...

OUENDAAAANNNNN!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1