Hacking G6 Lite can't update

13ig13oom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
every time i try to update i get a I am now wiping your flash message and it does,then it tells me to reformat the card and try again. I have, multiple times, and I can't seem to change the firmware from 4.3. I have tried this 3 times in the past 2 days. I can't express how frustrated I am.
If anyone has any insight I would love to hear about it.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
What I understood from your words is that you are using MPutility (Maintenance Utility), and you have to do that Once or when problem occures with your card like it gets corrupted and such.

To update, you have to update your U-Disk Manager (that pc software which copies games to your card) AND your firmware, so its how its done:

Copy those two files from http://www.handheldsources.com/download/English%20V4.8.rar and copy them to root of your card and go to GBA mode and select G6 UPDATE icon.

THEN get the latest pc program: http://down.gbalpha.com/GBalpha/Softwares/...nager_V4.9e.zip
and install it, then with its shortcut on your desktop you can copy GBA or NDS roms to your G6.

Hope that helps.

13ig13oom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem I am having is that i can't see an "update icon"
that's why I had tried to do the manual update
is there something I'm missing, I just copy and paste right?

13ig13oom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry I can't seem to read, was pressing sel + start+ R +L that's the format the flash menu. now I have another problem, I get a 1 over the yes button and a 7 on the side. now that this is not a user related problem, I can have a better chance to fix it.

EDIT: the mouse thing still works

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
1) Copy those two files to ROOT of your card
2) Turn on your DS, press Y to go into GBA mode
3) on the second row, there is just one icon, select it with diagonal pad and select it.

have a look at FAQ:

GBA Console:
1)Put both "g6vervify.sys" and "g6loader.sys" files into the root directory of the G6 U-Disk drive.
2)Press A+B+sel+start simultaneously when the "green text" screen come out.
3)Click "yes" to confirm the update when the configuration screen come out.

NDS console:

1)Put both "g6vervify.sys" and "g6loader.sys" files into the root directory of the G6U-Disk drive.
2)Entering into GBA mode. (read "note" for details.)
3)Press A+B+sel+start simultaneously when the "green text" screen come out.
4)Click "yes" to confirm the update when the configuration screen come out.

and be sure to read http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=36554 too.

13ig13oom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the help, but it still does not come up(the icon)... just to let you know i have firmware 4.3a(came pre-installed). I have tried to use the old method and the results i have already reported. I have used flashed and not flashed DSes, that does not seem to matter. i have read the faq, and there is nothing more for me to consider, I just can't get it to update.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Would you explain more the problem? What happens when you see the green text and put the A+B+sel+start buttons? you know, you have to press them at once.

13ig13oom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, after hitting yes, I get a 7 over the yes button and a 1 on the left side. just to make sure: i have the files on the g6 lite, I can't get to the "updater" icon. so I think that my g6 can't see the files

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
a 7? what do u mean by 7?

those files should be in root of your cart, open your g6, dont go to any directories, just copy files there.

"you cant get to the updater icon", do you mean that stylus dont work? in GBA mode (which you go by pressing Y in main menu) you have to use Directional Pad on left side of your DS to move the arrow on screen and select the icon with "A" button (not a butoon, a button named "A")

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Do these steps and tell me where exactlty is problem:

Turn on your DS, Go to your G6 Menu, Press Y, After you see GAME BOY logo, wait untill you see a green text, press A+B+START+SELECT at same time, then press A to accept.

in this method, there is no need for that icon.

13ig13oom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am uploading the problem to you tube since you can;t seem to grasp what the problem is.

EDIT:LINK:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggSHVHuOPjs

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
sorry I cant use YouTube, my internet speed is so slow.

can you take a picture?

I tried updating myself but since mine is on latest, it shows another confirmation message.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
ok, next time use Macro mode on your camera to get pictures from these distances (its icon is a Flower).

--------

So what happens when you press A to accept it? it wont work?

13ig13oom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, it does a kida-freeze, it will respond to the directional pad, but it won't do anything else(even after 30 minutes). as i said before, there is a 1 over the yes button and a 7 off to the left. I have no idea what that means.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night