Hacking COMPLETED Fusee-LEDE Dongle (6$ payload injector)

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
I followed these steps, and have been met with no success.
The payload is not injected on boot, and the SSID is not being broadcast anymore. I seem to have simply bricked the tiny thing. Any ideas? I don't have an ethernet port and don't really feel like dropping cash on an adapter on something that might not work.
If you flashed uboot you can put one of the later firmwares with wifi enabled on a FAT formatted flash drive, insert it into the dongle and turn it on while holding the reset button. It might take a few tries but eventually it should reflash it.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you flashed uboot you can put one of the later firmwares with wifi enabled on a FAT formatted flash drive, insert it into the dongle and turn it on while holding the reset button. It might take a few tries but eventually it should reflash it.
So, I just tried that and have some fun flashing LED lights but unfortunately the guide that came with it is entirely in Chinese.
I think I flashed uboot successfully; it did and said exactly what the guide told me. But ever since I rebooted it, it does not want to broadcast anything.

Huh, while I was typing the above paragraph some new stuff happened. Now it's broadcasting "3GWIFI_XXXX" (like, it actually has the Xs, it's not just a placeholder) but the password thats printed on it isn't working. I used your most recent firmware.bin. Do you know what it is?

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
So, I just tried that and have some fun flashing LED lights but unfortunately the guide that came with it is entirely in Chinese.
I think I flashed uboot successfully; it did and said exactly what the guide told me. But ever since I rebooted it, it does not want to broadcast anything.

Huh, while I was typing the above paragraph some new stuff happened. Now it's broadcasting "3GWIFI_XXXX" (like, it actually has the Xs, it's not just a placeholder) but the password thats printed on it isn't working. I used your most recent firmware.bin. Do you know what it is?
It's 12345678

Glad it's working. :) Enjoy!

OkazakiTheOtaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's 12345678

Glad it's working. :) Enjoy!
That's not it :(
vAEwT0B.png

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
I refreshed your firmware and while the password still isn't working on my laptop, it did work on my phone. But when I try to telnet into 10.1.5.1 it is refusing the connection.
Lede uses SSH instead of Telnet so you need to switch to an SSH client. At this point you don't need to though. You can switch payloads using the usb method or by connecting to the SSH port with an SCP client.

OkazakiTheOtaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Lede uses SSH instead of Telnet so you need to switch to an SSH client. At this point you don't need to though. You can switch payloads using the usb method or by connecting to the SSH port with an SCP client.
Alright, I SSH'd in as root, changed the payload, tested it on my switch (it worked) and then...when I disconnect the router from power and reconnect it to power, it doesn't boot again, like before. argh.
Any ideas?

EDIT: When it boot loops like this, both the red and blue lights are on, fwiw

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, I SSH'd in as root, changed the payload, tested it on my switch (it worked) and then...when I disconnect the router from power and reconnect it to power, it doesn't boot again, like before. argh.
Any ideas?

EDIT: When it boot loops like this, both the red and blue lights are on, fwiw
This is new behaviour to me, must be a quirk or fault with your device.

PC_Arcade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I screwed up, I edit the config files manually from h t t p s://github.com/ijuintekka/fusee-a5 but wired access no longer works for me. I think the easiest way for me to sort this is just to flash the firmware.bin.
I put it on a usb stick and inserted it into the unit, but I can't see it anywhere what's the easiest way to reflash the firmware?

I've got access via wifi and can ssh from there just fine :)

[edit] I should also add that I'm shit with Linux so instructions for an idiot would be good ;)

Last edited by PC_Arcade,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...