Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried the guide again, but this time I started from Part 4 - Getting the OTP. I was a bit afraid due to the false positives that OTPHelper gave during the validation steps (regardless that one of the hashes matched, but it all turned out fine in the end. Goodbye emuNAND.

Question. Is it safe install the FBI.cia and then inject the original hs.app that was dumped from emuNAND... back into the final CFW SysNAND? I ask because I just think it looks ugly having it in H&S and since I have everything organized by folders I would just place the FBI.cia in my corresponding folder. I mean, if it was ever neecessary, FBI could just be injected back in... correct?

Edit: One other thing. In the final steps "Finalizing setup":

6. Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version using system settings

It should already be updated to the latest since emuNAND gets updated during Part 3 (EmuNAND), so the step could be removed. :)

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

Buttsnake

"Mods please close this thread"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had an error when downgrading my emunand (Validation Stage 1: FAILED" and "Validation Stage 2: FAILED)
and I followed your troubleshooting guide and manually compared the .tmd files and saw that it was a false error, does this mean that if I had restored sysnand from the downgraded emunand and it gave me an error when validating it, does that mean that this is a false error as well?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did the a9lh and I'm on updatedsysnand now. I just want to know, because I currently used a 16GB sd card for this, but lately, I am planning to upgrade to 32GB. So do I just have to copy the contents to the other SD?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question, I have a JP N3DSXL(currently using Reinand) and I want it to switch to al9hax. Can I still region change my emunand after installing a9lhax?

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
Hash check fails that are false alerts will (of course) mismatch on both validations. If a (false) TMD mismatch occurs on EmuNAND validation and not on SysNAND you're copy is almost definitely incomplete (there's a vanishingly small chance its corrupted in an extraordinarily unlikely manner instead) and you have new issues to worry about.

Last edited by Elaugaufein,

captainlouie

Trophies
XP
Country
I got stuck at Part 2 step 6 because I couldnt save the shortcut for Homebrew channel. Just after the end of Part 1 i saved it and it worked. But after i eject the sd card and put other files into it, that down dpad shortcut stops working. It doesnt boot homebrew channel. Thanks in advance for replies.

naaiil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You can, but you won't be able to access the eShop for that region.
i already have 'switched emunand', so i need to restore after a9lh installed or i need start from beginning again to switch my emunand? (process switch emunand not a9lh process). can you give me the detail process?
sorry for my english..

thanks..

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i already have 'switched emunand', so i need to restore after a9lh installed or i need start from beginning again to switch my emunand? (process switch emunand not a9lh process). can you give me the detail process?
sorry for my english..

thanks..
You can try placing a NAND backup of the region changed emuNAND on the root of your SD card called "NAND.bin". The A9LH installer will restore to your sysNAND and install A9LH over it/after it. So your system will be a different region and have A9LH installed.

pre10c

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There seem to be reports of bricks caused by cakes, is this true? And can this tutorial be followed with aureinand instead?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1