Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I don't know if this has already been asked, but is there a way to confirm that EMUNAND 2.1 was successfully unbricked before we flash it to SYSNAND?

I've seen a lot of threads where people flashed the supposedly unbricked 2.1 EMUNAND and got a full brick on SYSNAND. Can we boot the 2.1 EMUNAND before flashing it?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've followed many, many, many guides here from downgrading a newly purchased N3DS XL, to installing menuhax, emunand, then downgrading again to get my otp, then installing a9lh, etc, etc and everything worked perfectly first try. Sold that 3DS for a small profit, bought a new one, and tried following this guide from the get go.

That said, the link I followed in the OP is the most convoluted piece of shit I have ever tried to follow in my life. I've done everything from Dreamcast, to PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, Wii U, DSi, 3DS, you name it. But never, ever, in my life have I had such frustration, rage and failure from a guide before.

I'm deleting everything. Formatting my SD & sysnand. Starting from the tried and true guide from wurstpostole to get this heap of crap sorted out. Then will use other means to get my otp again and install a9lh. But I cannot, and will not recommend the tutorial outlined in the link followed in the OP to anyone.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I've followed many, many, many guides here from downgrading a newly purchased N3DS XL, to installing menuhax, emunand, then downgrading again to get my otp, then installing a9lh, etc, etc and everything worked perfectly first try. Sold that 3DS for a small profit, bought a new one, and tried following this guide from the get go.

That said, the link I followed in the OP is the most convoluted piece of shit I have ever tried to follow in my life. I've done everything from Dreamcast, to PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, Wii U, DSi, 3DS, you name it. But never, ever, in my life have I had such frustration, rage and failure from a guide before.

I'm deleting everything. Formatting my SD & sysnand. Starting from the tried and true guide from wurstpostole to get this heap of crap sorted out. Then will use other means to get my otp again and install a9lh. But I cannot, and will not recommend the tutorial outlined in the link followed in the OP to anyone.
Wow, seriously? It links every file you need (so no one has to go hunting and maybe get the wrong file by mistake) and is completely step by step, not missing anything. I followed it and had no problems whatsoever.

Reactions: Just Passing By

ad1gjm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
need your help. I'm on AuReiNand A9LH & I really want use GW now. Already put firmware90.bin (from A9LH - n3ds) to rei folder. when boot to AuReiNand A9LH hold "L" button it shows "an error has occured. Hold down the power button to turn off the power. then turn it on and try again. For help, visit support.nintendo.com". what does it means? how to fix it

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
need your help. I'm on AuReiNand A9LH & I really want use GW now. Already put firmware90.bin (from A9LH - n3ds) to rei folder. when boot to AuReiNand A9LH hold "L" button it shows "an error has occured. Hold down the power button to turn off the power. then turn it on and try again. For help, visit support.nintendo.com". what does it means? how to fix it

Do you have a 9.0-9.2 emuNAND or sysNAND?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, seriously? It links every file you need (so no one has to go hunting and maybe get the wrong file by mistake) and is completely step by step, not missing anything. I followed it and had no problems whatsoever.

Never had any issue with any other guides. Tried this thing and had to backtrack on several steps over and over and over & still ended up with squat.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Never had any issue with any other guides. Tried this thing and had to backtrack on several steps over and over and over & still ended up with squat.
Maybe you had strange starting conditions or you missed a step somewhere? If you are going to format everything anyway, you may as well start again, now with a stock device and then you have the starting conditions expected, and nothing should go wrong.

ad1gjm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Do you have a 9.0-9.2 emuNAND or sysNAND?
before install arm9loaderhax.3dsx I have sysnand 9.2 & emunand 10.6
after install arm9loaderhax.3dsx my sysnand become emunand 10.6 running smoth and work perfectly. I dont know where's the other nand now. confuse :wacko:

ibricked3dses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I found the reason of the massive bricks everywhere (only on N3DS). That guide instructs the people to reboot immediately after the 2.1 patched firmware restores on OTPhelper. I think that right after flashing the patched firmware you should eject the SD card and then press start to reboot AND WAIT before you manually reboot.
I can't confirm this method until I get my hardmod finished, though..

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you had strange starting conditions or you missed a step somewhere? If you are going to format everything anyway, you may as well start again, now with a stock device and then you have the starting conditions expected, and nothing should go wrong.

Already tried that before posting my rant, lol. Way too long and far too many steps with many details missing. Wish I would have written them all down, but in some parts it's almost like a bad English translation or that the guide maker isn't a native English speaker.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already tried that before posting my rant, lol. Way too long and far too many steps with many details missing. Wish I would have written them all down, but in some parts it's almost like a bad English translation or that the guide maker isn't a native English speaker.
Out of curiosity, what's missing and what was confusing?

Reactions: Quantumcat

hiten

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Someone on other thread recommend using SafeSysUpdater to check the downgrade pack before downgrading.

Do I need to use SafeSysUpdater before downgrading?

nickthedick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
just follow the guide step by step
dont look left and dont look right
do as written
it worls fine then
neede to learn it the hard way too

but a Little question aside

has anybody who used this guide the issue that the gamecartslot doesnt work anymore?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto