Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Completely Redesigned

https://3ds.guide/

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure you have a bittorrent client, i.e uTorrent

I would recommend something else with less bloat and ads, like tixati.

Grammar note. I.e. means id est, or "it/that is" it pretty much is an equal sign =

Here it would have been more appropriate to write E.g., exampli gratia "for the sake of example", because you are giving him an example of one among many torrent clients.

I hope this wasn't annoying or pedantic.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I would recommend something else with less bloat and ads, like tixati.

Grammar note. I.e. means id est, or "it/that is" it pretty much is an equal sign =

Here it would have been more appropriate to write E.g., exampli gratia "for the sake of example", because you are giving him an example of one among many torrent clients.

I hope this wasn't annoying or pedantic.

Thanks for the grammar lesson, I was about to go to sleep but, man, I still learned something. Regarding tixati, I think I'm gonna try it out. You're right about uTorrent, it's really full of ads so I disable it every time I install it to different PCs.

Reactions: x65943

damage9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Great tutorials! Just perfect.
But I have a doubt: After waiting over 1 hour for the Waithax (new3ds 11.1) successufy work, I tryied to boot the Safehax, but It freezed. I turned the 3ds off, and tryied to boot Safehax again, but all I got is a red message of something missing. Do I have to wait for WaitHax again, before trying to boot SafeHax? Both Hax must be booted without turn off or reboot the 3DS?

Last edited by damage9,

Lisl1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a stock N3DS XL on OFW 11.1.0-34U.
I want to install CFW on it what are my options?
As far as i understood i have to do a hardmod and then follow this instruction here.
But where do i go from there? What is Decrypt9, Luma3DS, ctrtransfer and what is it all used for?
I can't see any clear chronological order on https://3ds.guide and i just don't know enough to downgrade yet.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a stock N3DS XL on OFW 11.1.0-34U.
I want to install CFW on it what are my options?
As far as i understood i have to do a hardmod and then follow this instruction here.
But where do i go from there? What is Decrypt9, Luma3DS, ctrtransfer and what is it all used for?
I can't see any clear chronological order on https://3ds.guide and i just don't know enough to downgrade yet.
Go to 3ds.guide it's really easy to get a9lh on the latest fw now

Lisl1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Go to 3ds.guide it's really easy to get a9lh on the latest fw now
Sorry but your post doesn't answer anything.
Is there a chronological order I have to follow?
always following the bottom link on the guide page I get: Homebrew Launcher (Soundhax) -> Decrypt9 (Homebrew Launcher) -> 2.1.0 ctrtransfer
Is this the right order? At which point I have to install EmuNAND?

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but your post doesn't answer anything.
Is there a chronological order I have to follow?
If I click through the guide I get (always following the bottom link on the page): Homebrew Launcher (Soundhax) -> Decrypt9 (Homebrew Launcher) -> 2.1.0 ctrtransfer
Is this the right order? At which point I have to install EmuNAND?
If you just click through the guide chronologically, it will install a9lh+luma.

It doesn't install emunand because it's kind of pointless now. You have brick protection from a9lh and can update to the latest fw because of native_firm write protection.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't there used to be an OTPless method for n3DS users so that you could avoid downgrading to 2.1? What happened to that?
OTPless had a slightly higher chance of bricking, and ctr transfer is very safe - so now everyone just gets the OTP.

OTPless was a thing before the ctr transfer replaced downgrading.

Last edited by x65943,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

cadaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone can help... I'm stuck at section IV restoring system... not sure what is wrong, I hold start and the power button but still goes to the home screen. .. what gives? Is it that I need to restore NANDmin.bin? And if so where am I supposed to find it ... thanks please be kind.lol........ I of now updated my system back to new and will try this on a later date.

Last edited by cadaver,

cadaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update. ... thinking that I updated and it looked like I did I wanted to do a fresh start and do the guide again. System said I was on 11.xxxx again and format system then SD card ...... Guess I have a brick because all I get is the power up lite and it goes away and nothing. .. damn

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update. ... thinking that I updated and it looked like I did I wanted to do a fresh start and do the guide again. System said I was on 11.xxxx again and format system then SD card ...... Guess I have a brick because all I get is the power up lite and it goes away and nothing. .. damn
By "format SD card", do you mean formatted on a PC? If so, you removed arm9loaderhax.bin. Restore it from the Luma3DS distribution.

cadaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I format the system and it made me watch the how to do BS and then I took my SD card out and format that in the PC .... soon what now?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I format the system and it made me watch the how to do BS and then I took my SD card out and format that in the PC .... soon what now?
Redownload Luma3DS and extract arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of the SD card.

EDIT: You'll probably also want to set up payloads like Hourglass9. This is covered on the Luma3DS wiki and https://3ds.guide/ . Then possibly do a NAND backup with Hourglass9 and save it somewhere safe.

Last edited by GerbilSoft, , Reason: +NAND backup

cadaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thank you for your advice .... I'll look into this tomorrow since I'll need to sleep and look if I made a paperweight or a new project with the LCD screen yay.

Lisl1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I saw this tutorial on youtube yesterday, where he installed A9LH without a hardmod?
What's the difference to the version on 3ds.guide and why is everybody using hardmod when you can accomplish CFW without one?

Audino

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I saw this tutorial on youtube yesterday, where he installed A9LH without a hardmod?
What's the difference to the version on 3ds.guide and why is everybody using hardmod when you can accomplish CFW without one?

3ds.guide has more detail and is frequently updated. Please don't follow youtube guides

geopis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi everyone . i am very excited with new one guide of plailect .
Before a long time i have had follow Plailect's 1st guide with aureinand for installing A9LH in my New 3ds XL (my current fw 10.7.0-32E with a9lh) . Now i want to update it to newer version lua and A9LH but without lose my games and saves. I have the nand backups from 9.0.0 and sd files before a9lh installed and nand backup from 10.7.0 and sd files after a9lh installed . ( The most games i have installed after from a9lh installation )

The question is:I must follow the Plailect's quide from the start or i can bypass a few steps from the guide ?

Best regards George!

Last edited by geopis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol