Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Completely Redesigned

https://3ds.guide/

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

bender

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Of course that makes sense.
But different devices (or better said: different operating systems/processing architectures) handle reading/writing processes different, one option can have an advantage over another option.
It's just fat32, which isn't the most advanced file system anymore ...
Just - is there a preference of the 3DS system, or the FW/CFW running on it ?
Anyways, thank you for your answers annson24.

I'm tending to use the 64k cluster size, it just doesn't hurt to be curious ...

botossi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry if I'm been repetitive with a really noob question, but every time i take the courage to install a9hl I got descorage by the tutorial :(
I have Sysnand 9.2 with RXTools installed. Of course my Emunand is my daily driver.

How can I install A9hl and make my Emunand my new Sysnand? Have menuhax installed and homebrew Channel running.

Again, sorry for being soo noob here....

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I'm been repetitive with a really noob question, but every time i take the courage to install a9hl I got descorage by the tutorial :(
I have Sysnand 9.2 with RXTools installed. Of course my Emunand is my daily driver.

How can I install A9hl and make my Emunand my new Sysnand? Have menuhax installed and homebrew Channel running.

Again, sorry for being soo noob here....

Just follow http://3ds.guide .
Read ALL the instructions, and everything will be smooth sailing. :)

Irenicus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, i'm stuck at the moment and even tho i searched around i couldnt find a solution to my problem.
I followed the guide but i'm stuck here
  1. Press (B), then select the “Health&Safety Inject” option
  2. Select the FBI injectable .app for your region
  3. Press (A) and confirm to inject
i'm unable to let hourglass see the FBI injectable. Also i couldnt find the fbi injectable 2.4.2 because there were no seeds so i downloaded the 2.4.7 injectable, but i dont think that's the problem

Edit

I guess i had to update the system

Last edited by Irenicus,

WiiKiing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I am having an error message when performing ctrnand transfer. Error says the file may be corrupt or modified. I have tried redownloading the file from different sources and still get the same message. is this due to the step of removing folder 0000098 being taken out of the guide or some other reason. Please help as I currently am unable to get to 2.1.

Marmotta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if I'm being a bit dense here, but (at least with New 3DS consoles) is it necessary to downgrade to 2.1.0? I've installed arm9haxloader on a bunch of consoles running 9.2.0.

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is nessesary, because there has been more bricks for the OTP-less method than the 2.1.0...

But if we're going to be completely honest, none of them are stable....

2xrsa causes a memory-heap overflow. OTPless? no.

The most brick-proof method is to grab OTP on 2.1, go back to 11.2, and install A9LH on 11.2 through the homebrew launcher...

Marmotta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, one more thing though. If I backup my NAND with Decrypt using the homebrew launcher on 11.2 with Soundhax, would I still need to get my OTP? Also, this is based on me not worrying about backing up any sort of game info that was on the 3DS beforehand.

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah.

Backup NAND, go to 9.2, do the 2xrsa, install A9LH (not a fan of this idea, but hey, at least its faster than ever before), restore backup, inject FBI, install FBI, inject H&S.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is a translation fail in french here https://3ds.guide/fr_FR/get-started
It says "pour vous assurez". Correct french is "pour vous assurer".

edit
There are others here https://3ds.guide/fr_FR/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax)
It says "SoundHax est compatible sur les versions comprises entre les firmware 9.0.0 et 11.2.0".
First, correct french is "compatible avec", not "compatible sur". Second, "firmware" lacks an "s" at the end.

edit
And step 7 isn't fully translated. It still says
« Go to /SDCARD, then play “<3 nedwill 2016” » and « This may take many tries ».

Last edited by Hayleia,

Hug0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I hacked my n3ds-xl with this tutorial, it was running on V11.2.0.35E and hack is seems to be working, but nintendo just released new software update(V11.3.0.36), should I update my n3ds? and what would happen if I update to that version?
thanks

Last edited by Hug0,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I hacked my n3ds-xl with this tutorial, it was running on V11.2.0.35E and hack is seems to be working, but nintendo just released new software update(V11.3.0.36), should I update my n3ds? and what would happen if I update to that version?
thanks
Since you installed custom firmware, the only thing you'll lose is Homebrew access for now. I'm not updating until a Homebrew solution is found on 11.3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455