Android Full Speed NDS Emulator Coming to Android!!!

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
May I ask why this emulator doesn't like the Tegra 2?
I want this so damn much on my LG O2x. Finally, a way to play TWEwY on Android(although the controls probably won't be too good). Nevertheless, I wish luck towards the project.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This emulator is a freggin miracle! I just finished playing a bit of Chinatown Wars and New Super Mario Bros Wii. There's some sound lag on my tab and the occasional "controls wont respond" moment but I'm in heaven. I have one wish for the next update and that for this emu to have the ability to hide the Android status bar. It's in the way when I play the emu in Portrait mode.

D

Deleted-236924

So where are the save files saved at?
I placed my .sav of the same name as the rom in the same folder, but it didn't work.
So I went in the app's data folder and tried placing the save file in the savestate folder, but it didn't read it either.

Hmm... It seems like the save files are stored in sdcard/Android/data//com.dsemu.drastic/files/backup/ and are using the same save format as DeSmuME.

Although when I copy my raw .sav file from DeSmuME and rename it to .dsv, it does not read it.
Save file is supposed to be in the right format, unless DraStic uses some weird format, but in any case I'd like to be able to import my save file from DeSmuME and play that. :/

Edit: Weird, when I drag & dropped my .dsv save file directly from DeSmuME, it worked.
The save file DraStic gave me when I saved in-game was exactly 256KB while my save file from DeSmuME was 512KB (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)

Deleted member 318366

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little cautious paying $7.99 but with all the positive reviews I'm seeing I might actually give this a try :) besides, I need something faster than dsoid and nds4droid.

D

Deleted-236924

Mobile phone ports of NDS games are being released on the iPhone, but never released to Android?
No problemo!

It would be pretty cool if NiFi emulation being implemented was possible. It wouldn't be able to communicate with real NDS systems, but at least you'd be able to play multiplayer with other people who are using DraStic.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mobile phone ports of NDS games are being released on the iPhone, but never released to Android?
No problemo!

It would be pretty cool if NiFi emulation being implemented was possible. It wouldn't be able to communicate with real NDS systems, but at least you'd be able to play multiplayer with other people who are using DraStic.
Emulating NiFi/the WiFi chip isn't feasible. (according to Exophase)

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah an APKS used to play NDS games illegally. retard
You can very easily back up and play your own DS games, and some non-DLDI homebrew. There's no reason to download a cracked APK if you've purchased the full version, unless you specifically need an older version for your device.

Also, it's pretty obvious you're the same guy who posted the link, bit here and on the DraStic forum.

Reactions: BortzANATOR

StrawBerryGum

Trophies
XP
Country
You can very easily back up and play your own DS games, and some non-DLDI homebrew. There's no reason to download a cracked APK if you've purchased the full version, unless you specifically need an older version for your device.

Also, it's pretty obvious you're the same guy who posted the link, bit here and on the DraStic forum.

Think whatever you want man.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1