Homebrew FretFury

Moonlite

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
THANKS FOR THE CRITISM i have a question for charting are we using substained notes yet?

becuase im making my first chart so its not great

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, I don't think so. They just want to get the bugs out of the game before adding in more advanced things. Stick with just using chords and single note. No HOPOs, star power, or held notes.

Also, are you going to put up your avatar. I want the world to see my work.
laugh.gif

Moonlite

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
penguindefender said:
Um, I don't think so. They just want to get the bugs out of the game before adding in more advanced things. Stick with just using chords and single note. No HOPOs, star power, or held notes.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i tried but its not going up so wat ill do is put it in my sig

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should not be that hard. For mine all I did was upload it to image shack and copy the link it gave me to the little avatar thing in your profile settings.

Moonlite

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
penguindefender said:
It should not be that hard. For mine all I did was upload it to image shack and copy the link it gave me to the little avatar thing in your profile settings.

i did that too

Musturd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, sorry I wasn't on until now!
First of all: the funniest post of the day goes to Alex for the phrase
QUOTE said:
Okay it's the same
When comparing the mid to the charts
Second of all: Awesome guitar thingy with my avatar, Moonlite, that wins the give me a present award for the day.

Anyway, I'm just going to post this, and edit it for my long summary of what's happening today. So check here for an edit soon.

EDIT:
OK I have the source code and don't take this the wrong way wazmo, but the code might have to be 75% rewritten, due to the lack of support for mp3 files and the way the song is made. I also kind of don't like the lack of for loops, and arrays
wacko.gif
; it still works as is, but it's ridiculously hard to make a minor tweak. I need wazmo to explain some of his code to me, so I'm waiting for a PM from him.

.chart file issues:
It would be great to just support .chart files straight up. Since I might have to rewrite the playing code, I will try and support them. The thing with the chart files is that it stores notes at certain milliseconds which would be hard to implement (I might be able to make a function like waitMSecs(1000) or something...) I'll fool around.

previous glitches/bugs:
I'll fix the "while all four notes held, and you strum you hit the note" bug right now, and hopefully finish it tonight. Everything else, as far as I know, needs to be reworked before it can be fixed if that made sense... (wazmo may know how to fix them, though)

Your Homework:
Find me the source code for Guitar Fun!! I know wazmo found it, (if you read this post please send it to me), I can't find it. I want to look at it. Maybe it will give me ideas, even if it didn't give wazmo any.

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Musturd said:
OK, sorry I wasn't on until now!
First of all: the funniest post of the day goes to Alex for the phrase
QUOTE said:
Okay it's the same
When comparing the mid to the charts
Second of all: Awesome guitar thingy with my avatar that wins the give me a present award for the day.

Anyway, I'm just going to post this, and edit it for my long summary of what's happening today. So check here for an edit soon.
I was comparing the mid to mid changed to txt, which is obviously the same.
And yeah, would it be possible to read those files, the .charts?

Moonlite

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2 things one on topic one not but is needed for the topic

1. i finished my first chart but its not great

2. does anyone kno an audio convertor that supports cda files
and if yur wondering why this is partly on topic me and my band made a song this year that i want to put in

Musturd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OH GOD!
I just was looking through the code and saw that wazmo didn't distinguish chords from other notes
wacko.gif

It will take me a bit o' time to fix the 4 notes held bug now...

I think I'm going to have to do a rewrite before I can fix that bug
hate2.gif

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, do I need to make the note and frets in a top-down style or not? I don't want to make them if they will not be used. Thanks.

Moonlite

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
penguindefender said:
So, do I need to make the note and frets in a top-down style or not? I don't want to make them if they will not be used. Thanks.

@penguindefender

leave it i mean theres no point i think it looks gudd with the angled look instead of top becuase it will look like a ring plus you worked on the angled ones and had to change it so many times that is would be disapointment to not use them

@musturd
thanks for the convertor

@alex

when i opened my chart file on notepad it came up with something weird (charts on my desktop and im on my laptop so i wont post wat it looks like til tomorow)

@fret fury staff(wazmo,PD,alex,musturd,etc)

keep up the gudd work this is an amazing project

@fret fury supporters(including me)

this project has the most supporters ive seen and you also help out by wanting to be part of the team so gudd job to you

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah alex, I'm not sure what you were talking about either. Do I need to make a new font for something? I don't really know how to make fonts. I just draw.
laugh.gif

davislim

Trophies
Website
davis91lim.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
Senegal
great work for all of you....i've tried the nogrip version...i hav juz one suggestion though.....can u change the button to X=green Y=red B=yellow A=blue???? i not used to the button of urs of green n red swap from mine...

mayb in no-grip version...hav a few button combination in the option list for people to choose from...

eldhand

Trophies
XP
Country
I saw before that penguindefender had done something awesome. And that is the fretboard is moving, but why is it not in v.1.1?

Moonlite

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
eldhand what were doing first is getting the bugs out the making it read songs then well put the graphics in and whatnot

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, what did I do that was awesome?

EDIT:whoever posts next gets the 700th post. There is no prize or anything though.
laugh.gif
Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy::blush: +1