WIP Freebird - Switch Clock Speed Control Sysmodule

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by JK_, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Solitario

Solitario GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2018
    Brazil
    is not working on firmware 8.1 ....

2. Cencil

Cencil GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2016
    Canada
    Same, when using the 8.1 "test" build my switch will crash every time I boot a game or into the Hbmenu.

3. XenoMonad

XenoMonad Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2019
    United States
    USA
    Hey I'm having trouble with the software. No matter what I do I can't overclock. It can't even detect what my clocks are on. Neither version works either.

4. XenoMonad

XenoMonad Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2019
    United States
    USA
    Is the dev working on this I'm having the same problem. The settings don't work, it says zero and crashes if I return after exiting...

5. DeeX

DeeX Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2018
    United States
    Is there a suggested CFW for this? I thought I read a while ago that this worked better on one vs the other.
    Thanks.

6. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    I have it working on atmosphere 0.9.1, seems 0.9.2 has problems with some sysmodules (for me at least)

Cencil likes this.
  7. DeeX

DeeX Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2018
    United States
    Gotcha...
    I cannot find the post but I thought it was something about ReiNX being the suggested one over Atmosphere.
    Regardless I'm just trying to figure which one to go with. I'm coming from SX OS.

8. Dichotomy754

Dichotomy754 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2018
    United States
    I'm a fan of ReiNX, it does everything I need and things have been running pretty stable for me. Atmosphere has a couple extra features some people might want though, such as emunand and a cheat engine.

9. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    There was an old issue with high CPU clock causing crashing in Atmosphere, but that bug has been fixed in recent Atmosphere versions. AFAIK that was the only difference between the two CFWs regarding freebird, so no difference now.

stick267 likes this.
  10. Goloki

Goloki Proud TX Suporter... LOL!

Nov 24, 2006
    United States
    Sorry to bump this thread, but I have a question. I use the USB and XCI features of SXOS a lot. I love dumping my games into XCI, putting them on my USB and forgetting about having to install them, since I use my Switch docked 99.9% of the time.

Is "overclocking", and thus switching to Atmosphere, worth losing the USB and XCI features of SXOS? Does it make such a profound difference? I've tried looking up some comparison videos, but they only show a few games (Zelda, Wolfenstein, Doom) that I don't play.

11. stewacide

stewacide GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2018
    Canada
    Depends on the game.

12. Goloki

Goloki Proud TX Suporter... LOL!

Nov 24, 2006
    United States
    Apart from those games, which are some that benefit noticeably from overclocking?

Or, in other words, will I see at least some improvemente across the board if I "overclock" my Switch? Or is it really useful for just a handful of games?

13. Rellik630

Rellik630 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2019
    United States

Assasin1990 likes this.
  14. Karoths

Karoths Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2019
    United States
    will this ever get worked on to stop crashing when you have a game launched and access homebrew via the album it only happens when i have freebird installed tested to make sure and sysclk doesn't cause it

15. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2018
    Russia
    Moscow
    Yeah, i tested it too.. Spent quite a lot of time on finding out what causes a hard crash after upgrading to 8.1 (too much time lmao). Hope it will get fixed on 8.1.0.

Last edited by bad361, Aug 17, 2019
  16. Huy98vn

Huy98vn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2017
    Vietnam
    It's not crashing for me (atmosphere 0.9.3/CFW8.1.0) but it's not working either, no performance boost at all. Hope it'll get updated soon

17. Kirby567fan

Kirby567fan GBAtemp Regular

Jan 6, 2018
    Morocco
    Try downgrading to atmosphere 0.9.2 it might be the problem.

18. shedeus

shedeus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2018
    United States
    @JK_
    Freeset 0.9.2 is working great for me (both nsp forwarder and from within hbmenu)! Unfortunately, there is a bug where when you access the hbmenu from within a game, AMS 0.9.3 crashes to a blue screen on many titles. It's not random though, it's specific titles that can access hbmenu just fine and others crash 100% of the time to blue screen.

I am on sysnand 8.1.0 with AMS 0.9.3

19. Kirby567fan

Kirby567fan GBAtemp Regular

Jan 6, 2018
    Morocco
    I have the same problem too.

20. link42586

link42586 GBAtemp Fan

May 9, 2018
    United States
    I really hope this gets updated or the assets needed to continue development get released because I really use this alot. And now it needs updated and no updates are coming so i'm sticking to 8.0.1 for now as 8.1.0 doesn't work. But eventually i'll need to update. This is A crucial time for this as it can and will get left by the wayside if something isn't done. i'mma hopin it gets the support it needs.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted