Freebird - Switch Clock Speed Control Sysmodule

This is a sysmodule/service for Atmosphere and ReiNX that uses IPC's to communicate with its companion NRO, Freeset. This allows you to use any clock speed I've found on the Switch. The only restriction I have put in place is that you must be plugged into an official charger or docked if you are crazy enough to want to use the highest two GPU clock speeds. I am leaving it completely up to you to choose what clock speeds you want to use. Be careful.

2019070911351400-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

Intructions:
  • Atmosphere: Copy over the contents of the zip and reboot your system to load the module. Open Freeset and use that to send over the clock speeds you want.
  • ReiNX: Create a folder in your ReiNX folder named titles if there isn't one. Copy the titles folder from the atmosphere folder to ReiNX/titles. Open "010000000000C235" and move the boot2.flag to the same directory as the exefs.nsp file. Reboot and freebird should now be working on ReiNX.

X turns freebird's clock setting feature on and off. Remember to turn this off before putting your system to sleep. I'm working on it™, but it will cause and require you to fully shutdown and restart your Switch if accidentally left on. When on, freebird will check and set the clocks if they don't match what you choose. When turned off, your clock speeds will be reset and no longer forced.

A sends over the clock speeds shown/chosen from the menu. Up and down change the currently selected option, left and right change speed.

If I missed anything, don't be afraid to ask. I'm open to suggestions too.

I'd like to thank @taggen86, @nabelo, @mathew77, @vanraz86, and @Kirby567fan for taking the chances and testing it. Thanks guys!

Download link: https://gbatemp.net/download/freebird.35566/

Last edited by JK_,

YlwHrt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok sorry that was too low effort.
How am i ignorant exactly, i did testing, i showed my results.
Also you do know being open source doesnt mean unsellable, you do know that you can buy source access to stuff like unreal engine.
Also do i hear a hint of condescension "its hilarious to think im competeing with a closed source project"
Also why exactly should freebird respect homebrew clocks, homebrew devs shouldnt be syncing things to cpu clocks for timing, this isnt 1980.

Moved because i took to long with the edit
Never said that. ReiNX is based on an OLD Atmosphere release, also, ReiNX only uses some parts of Atmo, ie there is no such a thing like the custom crash report on Rei,
Reinx uses some parts of many sources, but so does atmo, but the implmentation of the cfw itself, not the sysmodules or sigpatches is original, sysmodules like fsmitm and stuff like sig patches are not the cfw.

Last edited by YlwHrt,
Reactions: Shibbro

AliciaBurrito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw reiNX is based on Atmosphere, as every single free CFW out there. Please, stop
This is completely irrelevant to bring up, so mods feel free to delete this:
The only code that Rei forked from Atmosphere would be the optional sysmodules. The base CFW itself is not derivative. Feel free to verify yourself, the source code is freely available.

Regardless, this is not the point and is completely off-topic discussion.

Crusatyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never said that. ReiNX is based on an OLD Atmosphere release, also, ReiNX only uses some parts of Atmo, ie there is no such a thing like the custom crash report on Rei,

And Atmo should utilize some parts of ReiNX, ie a stable overclock.

In all seriousness though. There's enough of a difference between the two CFW that they are similar yet distinctive. You won't see ReiNX users ever having trouble setting it up. Everything just goes in the ReiNX folder and it's subfolders. It's all Atmosphere users who rely on an sdfiles package to get themselves up and running. Your average user isn't going to know how to edit the multitude of ini files and navigate around file flags to get shit working. Did you ever think about that? Atmosphere is Dev-oriented. It's not made for you or me. Custom Crash reports are a thing, but they are meant to help devs. They aren't going to prevent you from getting banned by Nintendo, they aren't some end all be all to keeping yourself safe, they are used, plain and simply, for you to send a file to the homebrew dev when you open up an issue on their github page because their shit keeps crashing. ANYWAY, ReiNX has more in common with hekate than it does with Atmosphere, and if you vetted the code you'd realize that.

Ignorance is Bliss.

AliciaBurrito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think you are right.

About the beta @JK_ postet some messages above, that works just great, no problems so far (i didn't oc the cpu, just GPU @460 and ram @1600)
Keep in mind that the GPU at 460MHz is slower than the docked speed, so if you are using it docked be sure to not bottleneck yourself.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is sad, ridiculous, fruitless, and any other negative adjective you can think of. Rather than acknowledge it as a bug in Atmosphere, the tables are turned on ReiNX with no solid evidence. How is this useful to anyone? It doesn't matter if you call it a bug or a feature, this is very clearly something that ReiNX can do and Atmosphere cannot do, end of discussion. I don't see anyone from the "ReiNX side" (I use quotes because for lack of a better term, these are the people who are more familiar with ReiNX) bashing on Atmosphere for lacking this feature. Instead I see them trying to get to the bottom of this in order to help better Atmosphere. ReiNX has never undermined Atmosphere or its work. Even some of the features Atmosphere has over ReiNX are mentioned in the guide with workarounds that don't involve switching CFW. They never once stated such things as creport were "bugs". Isn't one of the points of FOSS is so people can work together to improve a project together? Just admit there is just one thing ReiNX is capable of doing that Atmosphere cannot and we can all move towards porting a solution to Atmosphere. There is no reason to make it harder than it sounds.

Nastas95

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is sad, ridiculous, fruitless, and any other negative adjective you can think of. Rather than acknowledge it as a bug in Atmosphere, the tables are turned on ReiNX with no solid evidence. How is this useful to anyone? It doesn't matter if you call it a bug or a feature, this is very clearly something that ReiNX can do and Atmosphere cannot do, end of discussion. I don't see anyone from the "ReiNX side" (I use quotes because for lack of a better term, these are the people who are more familiar with ReiNX) bashing on Atmosphere for lacking this feature. Instead I see them trying to get to the bottom of this in order to help better Atmosphere. ReiNX has never undermined Atmosphere or its work. Even some of the features Atmosphere has over ReiNX are mentioned in the guide with workarounds that don't involve switching CFW. They never once stated such things as creport were "bugs". Isn't one of the points of FOSS is so people can work together to improve a project together? Just admit there is just one thing ReiNX is capable of doing that Atmosphere cannot and we can all move towards porting a solution to Atmosphere. There is no reason to make it harder than it sounds.
this is my last message about this offtopic. I used ReiNX, Atmosphere and Kosmos. I'm NOT going to say "this is better than that" and i never said that, what i can say is that, if Kosmos has some problems, i switch to ReiNX until that problem is fixed. I always did that and will always do that. After this, i'm not going to answer anymore about this Offtopic thing.

Howl_Wolfen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is there always drama in the nintendo homebrew community? It's honestly childish.
I just hope the dev of Freebird doesn't read this and go "you know what? Forget it"
Can't we all just act like adults and forget about the little cfw wars we've been having? Who cares what you use or what has which features. To each his own. So off-topic, it's ridiculous. It was funny at first to watch but now it's just plaguing this thread.

Now ,back on topic, I appreciate who ever coded the forwarder as getting into the album and into free bird every wake from sleep is annoying. So thank you for that

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
So what you're trying to say is atmo has been getting shittier? ;^)

In all seriousness, Reinx is my own original work with nwert's hwinit and the base of atmo's kernel extentions.. people that clearly know nothing about programming, shouldnt be speaking on this subject and spreading these baseless lies. It makes you look dumb.

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry just a newb question does this work on atmosphere or should i stick to reinx if i want to use this? Sorry very confused. I would love sxos support but i guess that is not possible. Thank you for this app. Reason for my confusion is it seems to work ok in atmosphere?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry just a newb question does this work on atmosphere or should i stick to reinx if i want to use this? Sorry very confused. I would love sxos support but i guess that is not possible. Thank you for this app. Reason for my confusion is it seems to work ok in atmosphere?

It works on both, though people have reported it been more stable on reinx

Reactions: Assasin1990

YlwHrt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cpu overclocking is janky on atmo right now

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
It would be nice if people would try to figure out why the CPU OC shit works on ReiNX and not on fusee/hekate instead of starting a CFW war and arguing about it for like 24 hours :unsure:
Welcome to the nintendo scene bud :)

(Im sure its because atmo tried to rewrite their hwinit instead of using nintendo's.. since nwert literally just copied every value from package 1 in his hwinit for obvious reasons.)

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is there always drama in the nintendo homebrew community? It's honestly childish.
I just hope the dev of Freebird doesn't read this and go "you know what? Forget it"
Can't we all just act like adults and forget about the little cfw wars we've been having? Who cares what you use or what has which features. To each his own. So off-topic, it's ridiculous. It was funny at first to watch but now it's just plaguing this thread.

Now ,back on topic, I appreciate who ever coded the forwarder as getting into the album and into free bird every wake from sleep is annoying. So thank you for that
I'm not interested in causing another shit storm. I'm gonna leave what I really think out of this. I will make an NSP for Freeset for the next release and the wake up thing was brought up by testers. It's an option now.

Anyways, thanks @AliciaBurrito for sharing your results with ReiNX. After checking it out for myself, I will be adding instructions to the OP for it tomorrow since it's late here.

Take it easy, everyone. I'm all for sharing results, even screenshots if you want. Arguing and pointing the finger at X, Y, and Z without anything to back it up, not so much.

pietempgba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not interested in causing another shit storm. I'm gonna leave what I really think out of this. I will make an NSP for Freeset for the next release and the wake up thing was brought up by testers. It's an option now.

Anyways, thanks @AliciaBurrito for sharing your results with ReiNX. After checking it out for myself, I will be adding instructions to the OP for it tomorrow since it's late here.

Take it easy, everyone. I'm all for sharing results, even screenshots if you want. Arguing and pointing the finger at X, Y, and Z without anything to back it up, not so much.
Make it a fowarder of course

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr