Free Update 2.0 for 'Cyberpunk 2077' goes live today

update 2.png

While Cyberpunk 2077 is getting the paid expansion Phantom Liberty soon, owners of the base game are receiving the free Update 2.0 today which revamps a number of the gameplay mechanics. The infographic below provides a glimpse of what this free update brings to players:

f48jewaxuaa4tik-jpeg.391566

CD Projekt Red also aired a new stream to showcase the new additions:

Update 2.0 is also native to the Phantom Liberty expansion so be sure to take a look at our full review in the link below!

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow:
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Official GBAtemp Review

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yoo they finally fixed the game after 3 years,so proud of this small indie company
I mean, they should get some praise for actually sticking with it and turning it into a game worth playing. 99% of AAA developers immediately move on to the next thing after releasing a stinker. Starfield is never gonna be any good without some big overhaul mods, for example.

Millertime2325

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, they should get some praise for actually sticking with it and turning it into a game worth playing. 99% of AAA developers immediately move on to the next thing after releasing a stinker. Starfield is never gonna be any good without some big overhaul mods, for example.
99% of AAA developers fix their games and then gamers with the attention span of a goldfish shower praise upon them for doing so. Star Wars Battlefront 2, No Man's Sky, Fallout 76, basically every Battlefield game since 4, Halo: MCC, and Street Fighter V, for example.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
The game was already great even with all the problems, now it's just amazing.
Respect for CDPR for not abandoning the game and respecting the players.

Reactions: Henx

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
99% of AAA developers fix their games and then gamers with the attention span of a goldfish shower praise upon them for doing so. Star Wars Battlefront 2, No Man's Sky, Fallout 76, basically every Battlefield game since 4, Halo: MCC, and Street Fighter V, for example.
You listed mostly multiplayer-focused and live-service games. And while performance/bug fixes are one thing, it's very rare to see a developer completely overhaul a bunch of core mechanics as well as sprinkle in a whole lot of QoL changes for a single-player title. Sure, it might convince a few more people to buy the expansion, but overall it's not much return for the time investment.

Reactions: Henx

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
GameFreak literally released DLC that made the fps worse and fucked up more of the stability, all after the Big N claimed they were going to fix the base games. So yeah, actually nice to see companies supporting their products, even 3 years down the line

Reactions: Henx and Xzi

Millertime2325

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You listed mostly multiplayer-focused and live-service games. And while performance/bug fixes are one thing, it's very rare to see a developer completely overhaul a bunch of core mechanics as well as sprinkle in a whole lot of QoL changes for a single-player title. Sure, it might convince a few more people to buy the expansion, but overall it's not much return for the time investment.
That's a fair point, though I'm not really sure how many other massively hyped single player games have shipped in the state that Cyberpunk did. You mentioned Starfield in your initial post - I haven't played it personally but the reviews seem to be pretty solid even if they're far from perfect.

I just really don't like where the state of gaming is right now - pretty much every release seems to have a horrendous launch, and then a few years down the line some patches come out and all is forgiven. It's like if someone smashes my windows and breaks in my house, but six months later decides to repair them. Like, yeah, great, thanks for doing that, but I'm still not happy about it haha.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That's a fair point, though I'm not really sure how many other massively hyped single player games have shipped in the state that Cyberpunk did. You mentioned Starfield in your initial post - I haven't played it personally but the reviews seem to be pretty solid even if they're far from perfect.
The issue with Starfield is that it plays things entirely too safe, it's just a remix of previous Bethesda titles (Fallout 4 meets Skyrim in space) with an extra helping of load screens, fetch quests, and empty procgen planets. Fewer bugs than you'd expect, but awful performance for dated graphics.

I just really don't like where the state of gaming is right now - pretty much every release seems to have a horrendous launch, and then a few years down the line some patches come out and all is forgiven. It's like if someone smashes my windows and breaks in my house, but six months later decides to repair them. Like, yeah, great, thanks for doing that, but I'm still not happy about it haha.
It depends on who the developer is and how much they've fixed/changed based on player feedback. Obviously everybody should know better than to expect that kind of treatment from EA/Ubisoft by now. No Man's Sky I bought at launch and refunded, but ended up buying on sale several years later because it was clear Hello Games was committed to living up to players' expectations.

Would be nice if BG3 set the new standard for completeness at launch, but if others can keep getting away with doing less, that's what they'll do.

Last edited by Xzi,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm one of the apparent minority that had the ideal combination of pc parts that led to a great experience at launch. I think their biggest mistake was releasing it for last gen.

To be fair, the cross gen period in general has been a wet blanket smothering console gaming for the last few years.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
S
I'm one of the apparent minority that had the ideal combination of pc parts that led to a great experience at launch. I think their biggest mistake was releasing it for last gen.

To be fair, the cross gen period in general has been a wet blanket smothering console gaming for the last few years.
Same here, had no issues day one. I was on a old x79 system with a 1680 v2 xeon and a 980 ti then too, still never got any of the issues. I had lots of slow down stuttering and lost fps after the updates though. Now i am on a 6700xt and 5800x3d so it's all good, but still confused the heck out of me on a personal experience level.

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When they released the patch a year or two ago, I really could be bothered to go through all abilities, to redistribute my points (but stand by the decision they make to remove/allow reallocation was the right one).

Now it's suggest it's best to start a new game. I really don't feel like playing the update, free or not. Not looking forward to the dlc either.

The characters and story were pretty boring and lacked depth. The city I really, really do not like, lifeless and poor to navigate in a vehicle (it appears to have been built with abilities in mind, which was fairly well done).

It's taken too long for the dlc to release, I've lost all interest. Other developers appear to be waiting longer and longer with their content updates too.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's a shame most publishers or devs never allow for this.
I can only think of a few others - No Man's Sky is a major one, but there's also Final Fantasy 14 (which sucked so bad they literally annihilated the in-game world, which is still canon in A Realm Reborn or whatever the second-try's called. Good on Squeenix for doing something that epic, instead of merely shutting the original down and retooling it in the shadows, like most do).

Reactions: eternal and Xzi

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't the 2.0 update supposed to release in 2021? Good lord this game has not had an easy go at it. But credit where credit is due, it does appear that the game is finally in the state that people were hoping for when it first launched, so they do appear to have fixed it, eventually.
Post automatically merged:

It's a shame most publishers or devs never allow for this.
I can only think of a few others - No Man's Sky is a major one, but there's also Final Fantasy 14 (which sucked so bad they literally annihilated the in-game world, which is still canon in A Realm Reborn or whatever the second-try's called. Good on Squeenix for doing something that epic, instead of merely shutting the original down and retooling it in the shadows, like most do).
Supposedly Fallout 76 eventually became good as well.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
bwa hahaha the game is FINALLY playable
...As long as you have a PS5 or Xbox Series, or a decent recent PC.
If all you've got is a PS4 Pro, then not at all.

Why didn't they just scrap the old-gen versions and focus exclusively on next-gen? Even taking into consideration the next-gen was extremely hard-to-get for us customers, CDPR must've realised the abysmal state of the old-gen builds, so abandoning them could've been potentially viable. Sure, depending on when they scrapped the old consoles they wouldn't have had a lot of time left to polish the new, but that'd still be extra time nonetheless.

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...As long as you have a PS5 or Xbox Series, or a decent recent PC.
If all you've got is a PS4 Pro, then not at all.

Why didn't they just scrap the old-gen versions and focus exclusively on next-gen? Even taking into consideration the next-gen was extremely hard-to-get for us customers, CDPR must've realised the abysmal state of the old-gen builds, so abandoning them could've been potentially viable. Sure, depending on when they scrapped the old consoles they wouldn't have had a lot of time left to polish the new, but that'd still be extra time nonetheless.

imo they be dammed if they did or didn't.
Baclash for having it in because it reduces the work they could of done focusing on next gen
backlash for not having it bc it would be messed up not to allow xbox one and ps4 also to play and devs are just forcing people to get next gen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?