Free Update 2.0 for 'Cyberpunk 2077' goes live today

update 2.png

While Cyberpunk 2077 is getting the paid expansion Phantom Liberty soon, owners of the base game are receiving the free Update 2.0 today which revamps a number of the gameplay mechanics. The infographic below provides a glimpse of what this free update brings to players:

f48jewaxuaa4tik-jpeg.391566

CD Projekt Red also aired a new stream to showcase the new additions:

Update 2.0 is also native to the Phantom Liberty expansion so be sure to take a look at our full review in the link below!

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow:
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Official GBAtemp Review

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
hold up, what?
starfield is great, i've put like 150 hours into that game
how is it remotely similar to cyberpunk 2077
It is exactly what you would expect a Bethesda game on a twenty-year-old engine to be, for both better and worse. Too much fast travel required for organic exploration to be enjoyable, too few consequential player choices for the RPG elements to be enjoyable. Enemy AI is pretty much braindead. It's not "bad" per se, it's just very mediocre, and Bethesda is fine with that as a standard so long as it keeps bringing money in.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is exactly what you would expect a Bethesda game on a twenty-year-old engine to be, for both better and worse. Too much fast travel required for organic exploration to be enjoyable, too few consequential player choices for the RPG elements to be enjoyable. Enemy AI is pretty much braindead. It's not "bad" per se, it's just very mediocre, and Bethesda is fine with that as a standard so long as it keeps bringing money in.
Fast travel hasn't really bothered me. There's something workman-like about inputting the location I want to go, waiting for the trip, then getting my bearings and taking a look around, scanning for interesting planets and surveying them if I feel like it. I felt/feel immersed in the world where space travel is just... A thing you do.

Player choice... It's difficult to talk about my opinions on that without spoiling the endgame, which is by far the best part of Starfield. Suffice it to say, the exploration through interaction and observation are some of my favorite parts of Starfield, I don't think "player choice" holds water as a criticism of this game in particular, but I'd rather not talk about my reasoning there.

Enemy AI is fine. I do my best to avoid fighting where possible, but when it occurs, I'm challenged by the situations I find myself in and I have fun. That's all I really need from the game.

I've enjoyed this one. Frankly, I'm hopeful that I'll live to see Starfield 2, I think the weaknesses of this game are quite easily addressed in a sequel, and the way the universe will evolve from where it is now is almost certainly going to fascinate me. Certainly, I think the stronger points of this game are all in the world-building and the lore surrounding the way humanity came to be like this, I want to see the next step, and the next after that, too. It feels like a realistic future dystopia, which is a line I don't feel many pieces of fiction really land on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto