Hacking Four new people paid off by Nintendo in the HackerOne program

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Which is where my extent ends. You're still tied down to the agreement you took. It won't bring you any real trouble unless you break the law.. Of course.
Exactly. Kind of strange when you think about it. It's only electronics that kind of lock down like this. It's not like for example your car suddenly will stop if you didn't buy the autherized tires.

Reactions: Kioku

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then why are you crying about how people should be put down for literally trying to save a console?
When in the eternity have I said something like that?! I was saying that they may have just prevented homebrew. I absolutely hate piracy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You made me laugh with that post, thanks.
While you are laughing, would you explain when in the hell I started the arguing?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Which is where my extent ends. You're still tied down to the agreement you took. It won't bring you any real trouble unless you break the law.. Of course.
If it's like the 2 past generations, you can switch between accepting and not accepting the agreement at any time :)

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If it's like the 2 past generations, you can switch between accepting and not accepting the agreement at any time :)

Ladies and gentlemen, your bad joke of the day! D:

I kid, I kid. :3

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
When in the eternity have I said something like that?! I was saying that they may have just prevented homebrew. I absolutely hate piracy.
FnfwcwU.png

YWWkmNE.png

JQYttVP.png

nASbPBE.png

WWozNI8.png

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No, it was on the WiiU too (the eeprom is rewritable, but only from an already hacked console, not an external programmer, nobody publicly tried, and 5.5.2 doesn't come with a new kernel/bootloader anyway)

EEPROMs can be reprogrammed so it's technically not a measure to prevent downgrading.
That is, if the EEPROM in the Wii U is a stand alone chip that can be soldered off.

I know very little of the Wii U tho ;/

Reactions: Deleted User

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about you buy a decent Android phone, a Moga Controller, and a micro-usb (or whatever port your phone has) to HDMI cable. BAM! You have the OG Switch. Not to mention, you can use it to stream PC games, play GOOD Android games/ports (Terraria, Minecraft, Bully, Portal, Half-Life 2, Deus Ex, GTA, etc.), use emulators (most older consoles are compatible, including the Nintendo DS), AND you would be able to watch movies and TV on it (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, or Kodi). Not to mention, you can buy a smartphone with decent specs for less than the Switch....

D

Deleted User

EEPROMs can be reprogrammed so it's technically not a measure to prevent downgrading.
That is, if the EEPROM in the Wii U is a stand alone chip that can be soldered off.

The EEPROM is an electronically erasable (rewritable) chip, so yeah in theory you could take it off.
IIRC it doesnt hold any info on title versions, that's something else, but I could be wrong

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

It's integrated in the CPU...
(Not technically impossible, but harder than adding the SD slot to a wiimini!)

Reactions: Deleted User

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
No you don't. Since you like emulators and rom-hacks. Both are piracy.

No... No they're not... Not entirely. Emulators are just the program.. Illegally acquired ROMs.. That is piracy.

ROM Hacks can be applied to your own private dumps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 55 gallons my bad lol