Gaming Found a Nintendo 3ds Dev System with an unknow game ? "3D Challange"

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So we've had things like this happen before when someone found the testing tools for the DS and then dumped them.
You can't post the dumped files on the Temp, they are still copyrighted to Nintendo. If you do dump them and post them elsewhere, be careful with covering your tracks. Nintendo didn't go after the dude who dumped the NDS testing tools and it would extremely unlikely that they would go after you. But it's better safe than sorry when dealing with kind of material.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we've had things like this happen before when someone found the testing tools for the DS and then dumped them.
You can't post the dumped files on the Temp, they are still copyrighted to Nintendo. If you do dump them and post them elsewhere, be careful with covering your tracks. Nintendo didn't go after the dude who dumped the NDS testing tools and it would extremely unlikely that they would go after you. But it's better safe than sorry when dealing with kind of material.
Nintendo did destroy a kids life by suing him for uploading New Super Mario Bros. Wii early

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo did destroy a kids life by suing him for uploading New Super Mario Bros. Wii early
That's a different story since it was an item that was eventuallygoing to be released.

This is a piece of software that was never going to be released by Nintendo in the first place. He'll be fine all long as they don't post it here (and hopefully makes a different username on that iso site when posting it).

Last edited by Garblant,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not to get off topic too much, but it was completely his fault for getting caught. This is still something worth learning from.
It's not actually that hard to cover your tracks, most the time a new username is all it takes. Although I do always suggest a proxy/VPN if you really want to be safe.

Last edited by The Catboy,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to get off topic too much, but it was completely his fault for getting caught. This is still something worth learning from.
It's not actually that hard to cover your tracks, most the time a new username is all it takes. Although I do always suggest a proxy/VPN if you really want to be safe.
that and tor browser I think it's called, which helps too, not to hard to hide your tracks, never said that, but just throwin that out there that nintendo could screw you up if they really wanted to

SirKelly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you watch did you know gaming extra ? :P
Well, you could always ask for help. There's bound to be at least a few users here that have hacked a dev 3ds.

After it gets hacked, you can just use a program to extract the app into .cia format.
Well Im not so keen on Hacking this one on one hand as I could f up and I dont want to destroy such an cool thing with a Hack
Yeah I can see that

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
First of all : How ? Second : Just from the lenght of the "Game" it feels like something that should have been shipped with the 3ds in the h0ome menu or was used to show of the 3ds on E3 or Gamecom or something ( AS it has arround 5 stages and can be finished ( If yu want to speedrun it ) in about 1 mintue and the whole thing has a "Nintendo" feel to it really polished

and the dev unit is a original Model 3ds from 2010 ( Probably a Pre Production one ) So I dont know if it even can handle Unity ( And as It was probably found in Germany / or maybe Europe I dont think that a company over here would make the Japanesse )
dev.3ds.guide

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What is the game about? What i'm thinking is it's supposed to be like Magic Eye or somethin' but i'm probably very wrong.

D

Deleted-379826

Yeah, what Jacklack said. dev.3ds.guide, it's super easy to follow too and you should be fine. You can also remove the hack right after as well, so it'll go back to stock. Preserving these rare things are always nice!

Reactions: WeedZ

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, what Jacklack said. dev.3ds.guide, it's super easy to follow too and you should be fine. You can also remove the hack right after as well, so it'll go back to stock. Preserving these rare things are always nice!
Yeah, what Jacklack said.
what Jacklack said.
Jacklack said.
intensifier_2.gif

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc kong posted his receipt to prove it was real so people would believe him then agreed puclicly to dump it.
most cracking groups keep a low profile irl for this reason. he tripped over every "don't" before they snagged him.
It's a shame, I remember him being a nice guy. I'd never trust the internet with my full personal info though or anything electronically identifiable.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
iirc kong posted his receipt to prove it was real so people would believe him then agreed puclicly to dump it.
most cracking groups keep a low profile irl for this reason. he tripped over every "don't" before they snagged him.
It's a shame, I remember him being a nice guy. I'd never trust the internet with my full personal info though or anything electronically identifiable.
That's literally what happened to him. He did everything you should never do and Nintendo found him in no time.
In this case, the most Nintendo could do is maybe see this thread. But even then it's doubtful Nintendo would give a shit. This isn't something they plan on releasing and thus isn't something they will cause any loses. This isn't that big a deal to Nintendo.
Of course, still cover yourself and be safe no matter what.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's literally what happened to him. He did everything you should never do and Nintendo found him in no time.
In this case, the most Nintendo could do is maybe see this thread. But even then it's doubtful Nintendo would give a shit. This isn't something they plan on releasing and thus isn't something they will cause any loses. This isn't that big a deal to Nintendo.
Of course, still cover yourself and be safe no matter what.
Then again, Nintendo did C & D many ROMhackers in the Pokemon scene. Though, that could be because they were using Ninty's IP...

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Then again, Nintendo did C & D many ROMhackers in the Pokemon scene. Though, that could be because they were using Ninty's IP...
Those were to things on top of The Big N's radar. This just appears to be a testing tool and it's doubtful to even see a DMCA sent out to anyone hosting the file.

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's still something different. This is unused software, like the amiibo test application "amiibo [?]".

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those were to things on top of The Big N's radar. This just appears to be a testing tool and it's doubtful to even see a DMCA sent out to anyone hosting the file.
I would sure hope, I would still advise a lot of caution though...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's still something different. This is unused software, like the amiibo test application "amiibo [?]".
Alright, that explains it...

Reactions: Garblant

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1