Gaming Found a Nintendo 3ds Dev System with an unknow game ? "3D Challange"

SirKelly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay so I bought a lot of 37 3DS systems for just 475 Bucks as they all needed fixing ( asd I love to have that as a hobby ) but I soon noticed after 5 systems that they were all Kiosk Units and got a bit of a fight with the guy who sold them to me as he meant that he bought them off a guy on a fleemarket in April and I tryed to expain to him that they were probably ones used in stores and just were destroyed after they were used ( Just toren the upper screen off ) and well there were 5 3ds ones and 32 3ds xl ones and well the xl ones nothing special but the original little ones all blue but of 1 of them well then it didnt looked the same way a the others and wanting to get ready to send them back to the seller as I noticed a little thing that there backpannel has been WAY different and expectet it just to be a Japanese version of the 3ds but then saw the date of 2010 ... I pulled the Motherboard out and put it into another system and well there was a broken screnn so I just expectet that somebody f up while installing a coustom firmware ( As I somestimes get there systems ) almost wanting to throw it into the defictive pile as I thought it strange that the background color wasnt blue but black so I put it into another system ( On of mine ) and there it was a DEV MENU and well going though this stuff trying not to screw something up I was very cautius and found a unnamed title called "3D Challange" and I cant find anything to this name on the web / I dont think this game has been dumped yet does anbody have any idea what it is / or if somebody has heard about it allready :)

Last edited by SirKelly,

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshots and/or video for proof.

And if it is real, could you past the .cia over at a certain iso site?

SirKelly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-07-07 at 22.04.35.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-07-07 at 22.04.35.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,675
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-07-07 at 22.04.42.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-07-07 at 22.04.42.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,624

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, please dump it. Since it hasn't been released, would it still be against GBATemp rules to post it in this thread?
Yes, it's still copyrighted material. OP can dump it and post it on that [chaos/iso] site and tell us the thread name do we can download it ourselves.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Since it's a dev unit, the game could be something in developement by a third part sw house. But from the title probably it's only a project to experiment with Unity for 3ds.

Dumping the CIA and umpacking it could give some hints on the developer identity.

SirKelly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DUMMMMMMP ITTTTTT.
I second this!

It's best to preserve rare pieces of software like this.
Dude, please dump it. Since it hasn't been released, would it still be against GBATemp rules to post it in this thread?
First of all : How ? Second : Just from the lenght of the "Game" it feels like something that should have been shipped with the 3ds in the h0ome menu or was used to show of the 3ds on E3 or Gamecom or something ( AS it has arround 5 stages and can be finished ( If yu want to speedrun it ) in about 1 mintue and the whole thing has a "Nintendo" feel to it really polished
Since it's a dev unit, the game could be something in developement by a third part sw house. But from the title probably it's only a project to experiment with Unity for 3ds.

Dumping the CIA and umpacking it could give some hints on the developer identity.

and the dev unit is a original Model 3ds from 2010 ( Probably a Pre Production one ) So I dont know if it even can handle Unity ( And as It was probably found in Germany / or maybe Europe I dont think that a company over here would make the Japanesse )

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all : How ? Second : Just from the lenght of the "Game" it feels like something that should have been shipped with the 3ds in the h0ome menu or was used to show of the 3ds on E3 or Gamecom or something ( AS it has arround 5 stages and can be finished ( If yu want to speedrun it ) in about 1 mintue and the whole thing has a "Nintendo" feel to it really polished

and the dev unit is a original Model 3ds from 2010 ( Probably a Pre Production one ) So I dont know if it even can handle Unity ( And as It was probably found in Germany / or maybe Europe I dont think that a company over here would make the Japanesse )
Well, you could always ask for help. There's bound to be at least a few users here that have hacked a dev 3ds.

After it gets hacked, you can just use a program to extract the app into .cia format.

Reactions: BLOCKMINER3000

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-