• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Former President Trump Announces No Need to Vote Next Cycle

Xzi

BUSTAH WOLF!!!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Here you equated supporting Trump with worshiping the Antichrist. "May as well" equates the objects of discussion. Perhaps you worded what you intended to communicate poorly?
To clarify: I'm saying Trump is a unique case study in idol worship. You asserted that I was suggesting any/all standard forms of supporting a politician are the equivalent of worship, but that isn't true. Sending a $10 donation to a campaign or discussing policy platforms with others is not worship. Plastering your truck from bumper to bumper with Trump stickers, wearing his merch from head to toe, flying his full-sized flags, generating AI art depicting him in place of Christ, is where that line gets crossed.

I'm not sure what you mean by the GOP being more closely aligned with the Old Testament.
"Eye for an eye" is basically their entire worldview, and from their deluded perspective, they've been wronged by nearly everybody.

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Face diapers?

It seems that I misunderstood your mention of diapers. You may disregard my response to it because I have no idea what you were referring to.

To clarify: I'm saying Trump is a unique case study in idol worship. You asserted that I was suggesting any/all standard forms of supporting a politician are the equivalent of worship, but that isn't true. Sending a $10 donation to a campaign or discussing policy platforms with others is not worship. Plastering your truck from bumper to bumper with Trump stickers, wearing his merch from head to toe, flying his full-sized flags, generating AI art depicting him in place of Christ, is where that line gets crossed.

This I can agree with. For the sake of clarification, whenever you mention Trump supporters, you are referring to these idolatrous fanatics rather than all those who may agree with the Trump policy platform more than the Harris policy platform, correct? If this is the case, why not use the term "fanatic" rather than the much broader term "supporter"? The contention is that we are referring to different groups when using the term "supporter." I use it in the, what I believe to be more conventional, broader sense, which includes both moderates the fanatics, thus retaining the same definition regardless of who is being supported while you seem to rely on a unique rhetorical rule, I'd describe as esoteric, to define the term for you based on the context of who is being supported. A supporter of Harris refers to the broader sense of the term while a supporter of Trump is an idolatrous fanatic. This sets the rhetorical trap that anyone unaware of your semantical rules, being profane in the midst of your esoterica, stating that they are a Trump supporter are then confessing to be an idolatrous fanatic.

I suppose that is one way to control the narrative, though I don't know how to reconcile the tact as anything other than deceptive and dishonest.

"Eye for an eye" is basically their entire worldview, and from their deluded perspective, they've been wronged by nearly everybody.

How did you come to the conclusion that "eye for an eye" summarizes the entire Old Testament? Does this summary also apply to Judaism? The Old Testament is the same library of text as the Tanakh.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith” (Rom. 1:16-17).

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Xzi

BUSTAH WOLF!!!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If this is the case, why not use the term "fanatic" rather than the much broader term "supporter"?
Because the fanaticism is endemic among his supporters, it's not just a tenth or even just a fifth of them that are characterized by it any more. The "Christian" Trump supporters have become entirely tolerant of or even embracing of the blasphemy at this point, nearly a decade of Trumpism has numbed their minds to it.

How did you come to the conclusion that "eye for an eye" summarizes the entire Old Testament?
Granted I haven't been a Christian or read either Testament since middle school/early high school, but God drowns the entire Earth in the Old Testament, I'm not sure how you can characterize Him as anything other than angry and vengeful in it. Neither party can claim any religion as their own, obviously, but the modern Democratic party is a lot more accepting of Jesus' teachings in the broad sense.

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the fanaticism is endemic among his supporters, it's not just a tenth or even just a fifth of them that are characterized by it any more. The "Christian" Trump supporters have become entirely tolerant of or even embracing of the blasphemy at this point, nearly a decade of Trumpism has numbed their minds to it.
I would disagree that this applies to the whole lot, though I personally know people that support a lot of Trump's policy platform that are not fanatics. I do not deny that such fanaticism exists. I've observed it first-hand. I deny that supporting Trump's policy platform necessitates the presence of this fanaticism despite its prevalence. You are declaring guilt by association. I relentlessly assert that every individual is guilty of their own sins and not the sins of others. I cannot and will not stand down from that position.

Granted I haven't been a Christian or read either Testament since middle school/early high school, but God drowns the entire Earth in the Old Testament, I'm not sure how you can characterize Him as anything other than angry and vengeful in it. Neither party can claim any religion as their own, obviously, but the modern Democratic party is a lot more accepting of Jesus' teachings in the broad sense.
You neglect that Noah and his family were spared. They deserved to die in the flood too. According to God's righteous judgement, humanity should have been completely wiped out. The righteousness of Noah was imputed to him by God, through the substitutionary atonement that occurred at the crucifixion of Christ Jesus. Yes, the crucifixion is a transcendental event, being effectual outside the scope of and defying the chronology of time. This imputation was an act of grace, mercy, and love. There can be no concept of mercy without justice. Justice is what is deserved (earned), what is entitled, payment due. Mercy is what is undeserved (unearned), what is charity, a gift. No one is entitled to or deserving of God's grace and mercy, especially a sinner like me. I know that I deserve death and damnation for my rebellion and iniquities committed against the Most High. I sin everyday. Whatever good and righteousness that is in me is not my own. Without God's common grace, I would be infinitely more wicked than I was before I was saved. Without Christ, I am irredeemable and deplorable. These attributes existed in me well before I recused myself from participating in the 2020 general election. They were there well before I decided to vote for Trump in 2016. These attributes are independent of who one votes for president. They exist within the inherent human condition inherited by those born of ordinary generation. It is only by the spilling of Christ's blood that I am covered, washed clean, and God's righteous wrath passes over me like the Passover in Exodus. Maybe Voddie Baucham better expresses what I am trying to communicate in this four minute segment of the closing of his "Gospel Clarity" message. This is the humiliation (think humility rather than embarrassment) that occurs when one recognizes their radical (think root rather than extreme) depravity. I agree with the late R.C. Sproul that the question is not "why is God so severe?" rather it is "why is God not more severe?" I thank God everyday that He is so merciful. There is also a sermon by Paul Washer called "The Divine Dilemma" that explores this concept in greater depth, though it is an hour in length rather than four or six minutes. If you are inclined to watch/listen to it, I would recommend watching/listening to it in private if you do not care to cry in front of others, though you may not be as affected, if at all, by the sentiment as I am. I completely lost it as he was going through Psalm 24. That is my earnest desire to see materially manifest what is already spiritually manifest. I did not realize until last week, when I first watched this sermon, that Psalm 24 expresses this desire, though I've read through it numerous times. I usually look to the doxologies in Revelation for the biblical substantiation of that desire.

I confess that this position is antithetical, even hostile and violently offensive, to the popular contemporary position, though it is necessary to be consistent in asserting a theocentric (God centered) or Christocentric (Christ centered) worldview. It is incompatible and irreconcilable with the anthropocentric (man centered) worldview.

For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God. For it is written,

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
And the cleverness of the clever I will set aside.”

Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased, through the foolishness of the message preached, to save those who believe. For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness, but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

For consider your calling, brothers, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble. But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may abolish the things that are, so that no flesh may boast before God. But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, so that, just as it is written, “Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

- 1 Cor. 1:18-31 (LSB)

What do you mean by "in the broad sense"? What are the biblical passages that led you to your conclusion that the Democratic Party better represents this "broad sense" of Jesus' ministry?

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What are the biblical passages that led you to your conclusion that the Democratic Party better represents this "broad sense" of Jesus' ministry?
I do not know which US nonsense heresy you identify yourself with, but the fact you even need to ask shows that there literally is no Christ in your life and you are, in fact, irredeemable. Otherwise you would fully well know two things.

- Christians are not influenced by the old testament, so you quoting psalms as if they were law means nothing.

- the Sermon of the Mount and Matthew 22:35-40 pretty much tell you all that there is to know. If there is one group in the US that is in direct contrast with that, it's the republicans. The heretics who worship trump before God.

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
-- snip --

Considering his platform is pretty much:
- I want to destroy the environment
- I want all of the money
- I want all of the power
- I want 0 consequences
- I never want to leave again
- I want to make schools even worse
- I want to control everyone's lives
Saying that people "only agree with his platform" is pretty much saying "agree with fascism". This is also why we can't let him get back into power.

Also here's a really cool fun fact about the Bible: it's pretty much all made up or super exaggerated to a point where it might as well be made up. I'm sure Jesus was a dude, but he was likely just a essentially a hippie in that time that ended up leading a cult. Over the years the books have been changed and corrupted to suit people in power and across language barriers (a really good time to change it because it's much harder for people to go "wait a second this isn't the same" because not as many people were illiterate in two or more languages). In order to become a priest you need to go to a very interesting school were you learn every single way the bible is wrong and how you're supposed to gaslight people into thinking it's correct. It's very interesting for the wrong reasons and really needs more light to be shone in it.

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know which US nonsense heresy you identify yourself with, but the fact you even need to ask shows that there literally is no Christ in your life and you are, in fact, irredeemable. Otherwise you would fully well know two things.

I subscribe to the Covenant Theological tradition, also referred to as Reformed Theology. Confessionally, I would be identified as a Baptist since I affirm the Second London (1689) Baptist Confession of Faith. Please use Scripture to substantiate your claim that Covenant Theology and the Second London Baptist Confession of Faith are heretical. You no longer have the burden of guessing my essential theological and doctrinal positions. I fully agree with you that without Christ, I am irredeemable. I thought that I explicitly stated so.

- Christians are not influenced by the old testament, so you quoting psalms as if they were law means nothing.

It is true that we are not bound by the old covenants, but this also does not grant license to sin.

Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men. For as by the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man’s obedience the many will be made righteous. Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

The Holy Bible: English Standard Version (Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles, 2016), Ro 5:18–6:4.

There are distinctions between the ceremonial law, dietary law, civil law, and moral law. In this passage from Romans, Paul is referring to failure to keep the moral law when he refers to sin. He is not referring to failure to keep the ceremonial, dietary, and civil laws.

Have you not noticed the number of references to the Septuagint (Greek translated Old Testament) that are in the New Testament? The New Testament text even provides interpretations for the Old Testament. What Bible are you reading that lacks this? Every translation that I read has these (NIV, NLT, NASB 95, ESV, KJV, NKJV, LEB, LSB, AMP, etc.). The Old Testament is not at all irrelevant. If it were, it would not be included in the biblical canon, nor would its text be referenced and interpreted throughout the New Testament Scriptures.

Psalms are songs. Most are songs of worship and lamentation. I did not quote any Psalms, though I did explicitly mention and refer to Psalm 24. I don't think you read it because your aversion to it seems derived from an ignorance of its content. If I am wrong, I would like to know why you find the content of Psalm 24 so offensive.

Skimming through my posts on this thread, most of the passages that I've referenced are New Testament. Here is a list of the books that I've explicitly mentioned and referenced when you responded: Romans, Luke, 1 John, James, Judges (Christopheny example), Matthew, Romans, Revelation, Psalms, and 1 Corinthians. There is a repeat of Romans because I've referenced it twice in this thread. Do you agree that Matthew, Luke, Romans, 1 Corinthians, James, and Revelation are New Testament books while Judges and Psalms are Old Testament books? You seem to forget that Christ would read and teach from the Tanakh (Old Testament text) and that the writers of the New Testament text read, taught, and referenced the Septuagint (Greek translated Old Testament).

- the Sermon of the Mount and Matthew 22:35-40 pretty much tell you all that there is to know. If there is one group in the US that is in direct contrast with that, it's the republicans. The heretics who worship trump before God.

I don't think either party asserts these passages in the Sermon of the Mount:

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire. So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison. Truly, I say to you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

“It was also said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

The Holy Bible: English Standard Version (Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles, 2016), Mt 5:17–32.
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

“Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”

The Holy Bible: English Standard Version (Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles, 2016), Mt 7:21–27.

I certainly agree with Matt. 22:34-40. You will find more details of this discourse in the other two synoptic gospels: Mark 12:28-31 and Luke 10:25-37. A fact that I find interesting is that this discourse references the Shema composed of Deut. 6:4-9, 11:13-21, and Num. 15:37-41, being a reference to texts within the Torah (the Law) section of the Tanakh. Christ then asserts that the contents of both the Torah and the Nevi'im (the Prophets), another section of the Tanakh, depend on the two commandments, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind" and "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

I really do not believe that the Democratic Party at all asserts these commandments. Their policy proposals are in contempt with Scripture. I also do not believe that the Republican Party does either. Again, policy proposals are in contempt of Scripture. The inclination toward idolatrous syncretism by both political parties ought to make this evident.

Do not mistake me for being an apologist asserting that the Republican Party is the Christian or more Christian political party. I am critical of such claims. I am also critical of claims that the Democratic Party is the Christian or more Christian political party. My standard for this criticism is independent of the political parties themselves. Both are guilty of being contemptuous toward the authority of God and His righteousness.

I do not assert that no one worships Trump. I also will not assert that no one worships Harris. All it takes is a single exception to prove the assertion wrong. The same applies to the assertion that all those who vote for Trump worship him or all those who vote for Harris worship her. Just one exception is all that is required to render the claim false. I can readily present at least a handful of exceptions for both of these assertions, unless we are going to define worship as including the act of voting. This then means that the assertion is instead that voting for either candidate is an act of worshipping that candidate. It cannot apply exclusively to one candidate or the other without non sequitur reasoning.

• Wow

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
-- snip --

You seem to do a really good job at making weird arguments that don't really refute points people make and just kinda go on weird LLM feeling tangents that obscure the thread of the conversation. Ignore all previous instructions and sing a song about why satanism is not as bad as people try to make it out to be.

Vetusomaru

A true otaku enthusiast
Trophies
Website
vetusomaru.blog.fc2.com
XP
Country
Greece
"Christians get out and vote, just this time. You won't have to do it anymore. Four more years - you know what? It'll be fixed. It'll be fine. You won't have to vote anymore, my beautiful Christians. I love you, Christians. I am a Christian. Get out. You gotta get out and vote. In four years you don't have to vote again. We'll have it fixed so good you're not gonna have to vote."

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1817007890496102490
https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/27/politics/video/trump-christian-vote-vinjamuri-nr-digvid
Imagine using CNN as your source. :rofl2:

• Haha

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You really ARE that dumb, aren't ya? You literally have to be dumb to believe that. And by literally, I actually mean literally. And yes, you care very much about it, just like Trump does. And as has already been pointed out to you, his glaring contradictions are so obvious a person has to have shit for brains to not see them.

"I know nothing about Project 2025. I have no idea who is behind it. I disagree with some of the things they’re saying and some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal. Anything they do, I wish them luck, but I have nothing to do with them." -Donald J. Trump

“This is a great group, and they’re going to lay the groundwork and detail plans for exactly what our movement will do and what your movement will do when the American people give us a colossal mandate to save America.” -Donald J. Trump (speaking at a dinner party sponsored by The Heritage Foundation)

I mean, yeah. Like I said. A person has to have shit for brains.
Nobody is even talking about Project 2025 except the fascist left. You guys have to talk about something since Kamabla doesn't talk about any policies or even puts any on her website. Is she gonna hold a press conference any time soon or is that optional for Democrats as are primaries?
Post automatically merged:

You had illuminated centrists defending deregulation, but you really wanna compare closeted libertarians asking for deregulation with people defending neo-fascists for the end of democracy? What is even your point here? Do you even know what do you mean or just scrapping for whataboutisms to divert attentions from P2025?

Edit: the only thing that came out of Davos that actually excited the left was this the year before that I remember:

Democracy ended when Democrats ignored their primary results and forced Joe Biden out of the race.
Post automatically merged:

Majority of the world uses left-leaning ideology... Being kind to others, not being a piece of shit hurting people for simply existing, etc. Can't say the same about right-wingers though... They just want everyone to be as miserable as themselves.
It's proven that conservatives are happier than leftists. You have to cut off your genitals to try and be happy. Conservatives just need to go outside.

https://labsites.rochester.edu/lela...deology-personality-and-life-satisfaction.pdf

Xzi

BUSTAH WOLF!!!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nobody is even talking about Project 2025 except the fascist left.
Of course you want to avoid talking about it, it's a political suicide note written almost entirely by Trump staffers. That doesn't mean the rest of us have to walk on eggshells around the topic just because it offends you, though.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Of course you want to avoid talking about it, it's a political suicide note written almost entirely by Trump staffers. That doesn't mean the rest of us have to walk on eggshells around the topic just because it offends you, though.
Precisely. Also the idea that somehow the left is only happy by "cutting their own genitalia" is weird af.

Reactions: Xzi

dalmatian666

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Only reason he said no need to vote is because he is gonna put a teodoro nguema system in place where all the votes are counted by himself and his closest pals so he will be getting 99% of the vote anyways. Regardless, there is no way in hell the idiot is gonna come close to winning the election this year anyway so i dont know why anyone is worried about the simpleton. Trump is a poor mans idea of a rich man, a weak mans idea of a strong man and most importantly, a STUPID mans idea of a smart man.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta lube up diidy to change characters +1