Hacking Forgot to wipe wifi settings prior to booting atmosphere...

raylgo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was making my emunand backup for the 2nd time and I got careless and didnt wipe wifi settings on sysnand prior to booting into emunand... Have I already tipped my hand to Nintendo? There were no NSPs installed on emunand and I took it offline straight away.

Does merely booting into Atmosphere result in a ban?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I was making my emunand backup for the 2nd time and I got careless and didnt wipe wifi settings on sysnand prior to booting into emunand... Have I already tipped my hand to Nintendo? There were no NSPs installed on emunand and I took it offline straight away.

Atmosphere itself shouldn't be detected but whatever extra modules and patches you had might be. But it's probably fine.

raylgo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I used the Kosmos Pack with a bunch of extra stuff on it though. Totally spaced out about the wifi settings. Guess only time will tell now...

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In the advanced settings for a Wi-Fi connection, it is possible to disable auto-connect so that a Switch unit will not automatically connect to it when it is nearby that access point. Disabling auto-connect on any Wi-Fi connection within range of the Switch unit is the least-drastic method of avoiding an automatic internet connection on startup, even with CFW. You'll keep your internet connection settings without having to wipe them.

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you should be fine. Just delete your WiFi settings asap. I've used atmosphere on my main switch before I got a dedicated unit. I backed up saves, restored them, played with emulators, etc. Never got the ban.

raylgo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Instantly went offline when I noticed.

Mixed up the new emunand with data from the old anyway and it wouldn't work right...Started from scratch and I'm having no problem so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hello